Superstar
Daps

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Its a mario game my guy. If you are looking for a substantial challenge this isn't for you. The difficulty is always in trying to 100% and find everything.

Galaxy was made hard in parts because of the motion controls

The motion controls in galaxy amounted to spinning, collecting stars, and the balance ball levels, some of the actual platforming and challenges were difficult. Mario 64 got hard, sunshine was hard, some moons in galaxy 1 and 2 were hard.

There is a difference in the challenge being finding a moon and in actually getting it. Walking behind a secret door to find a moon is not a challenge, getting a star in the clock world in Mario 64 is. That's what I'm asking, are there parts as difficult as the clock world in 64.

People are making this game seem like it's just hide and seek.

Daps
My favorite part of a new 3D Mario game is testing his mechanics. They don't change so much or anything, but the last time that I picked up a 3D Mario game and played it extensively was a couple of years ago. For the first few hours, you get a sense of what Mario can and can't do, and then you can slowly see how many acrobatic moves that you can add to what you already know, and by the end of the game, everything feels great and you can take shortcuts in creative ways.

I'm hoping Luigi is in this because I got so good with him in those Galaxy games that I could shortcut large parts of some of the levels by abusing his long jump, but I only got that good after hours of testing the mechanics with Mario and then again with Luigi.

The motion controls in galaxy amounted to spinning, collecting stars, and the balance ball levels, some of the actual platforming and challenges were difficult. Mario 64 got hard, sunshine was hard, some moons in galaxy 1 and 2 were hard.

There is a difference in the challenge being finding a moon and in actually getting it. Walking behind a secret door to find a moon is not a challenge, getting a star in the clock world in Mario 64 is. That's what I'm asking, are there parts as difficult as the clock world in 64.

Tick Tock Clock was near the end of Super Mario 64. Most people are still somewhere in the first three or four worlds. Mario games usually start out easy and slope up in difficulty toward the end. Some of them don't get hard until after the end, like Super Mario 3D World where you have to beat it first and then all the unlocked stuff is the hard stuff. Same thing with Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I'm guessing that this Mario is built the same way as those. I can say that it's not hard at all, and I'm in Tostarena, but that's early in the game and like most Mario games, the early game is simple.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

i like the game, but it kindda feeling like one big treasure hunt.
\

Im not far but I agree with this. I think its too early for anyone to say what kind of challenge this game will be

I will say that 3D world was pure 3D platforming that tested your skills. Not sure if you have tried that

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
got 27 moons in the sand kingdom...just doing little shyt u wouldnt even think gets u moons is funny...they let ya boy play his hit in the club cuz i had that shyt on :wow: i think some moons u cant get till u get the power up for it in another world (im just guessin) so they make u explore other worlds this shyt heat tho...def goin for 100%

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
\

Im not far but I agree with this. I think its too early for anyone to say what kind of challenge this game will be

I will say that 3D world was pure 3D platforming that tested your skills. Not sure if you have tried that
yeah, ive purchased every mainline Mario game since Mario bros 1 on NES

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Of fukking course YouTube suggests a video that spoils all the bosses in a thumbnail.
Always, always, always :snoop:

So im reading this joint is very easy. Easy to the point where there isnt really a challenge in the gameplay but more in just exploring? Im not trying to go drop 350 and end up with something im sleepwalking through.
I'm thinking it's like SMW where the core game isn't too difficult but the challenge comes in finding all the secrets/collectibles and I'd imagine there's a secret world that's way harder than the rest of the game like Star Road

There's also literally hundreds and hundreds of moons in this game. Some of them are going to be hard to get obviously