Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If I was 10 this would be my fav. movie.
It has problems.
It's not really a Mario movie, it's a Peach movie with Mario in it. - :gucci:How Sway?!:comeon:
It's too short. It needed like 7-10 mins of Mario getting to know the Mushroom Kingdom and about all the lands/worlds. - Uh no. This is a kids movie at the end of the day. It was the perfect run time for that. I really liked the movie but 55-65 minutes in I was like, "aite, time to wrap this shyt up". My kid just barely was able to reach the credits without a bathroom break interruption, so that definitely lets me know the movie was perfectly long enough. Hell, you being here or there about the Mario family part could've been shaved out to shorten it tbh.
I don't like where the final showdown took place. - Probably my only complaint outside of Donkey Kong's voice not being what I expected and he not winning the fight against Mario, lol. Funny all the grip was aimed at Pratt doing Mario, but he turned out fine. I wanted DK to sound more brolic. Seth Rogen made him sound a lil weak.
I didn't see it in english since I went with my 9 year old niece but our VO was pretty good but I can't pass judgement on the english VO. - TF language you watch it in, LOL?! And why? You from a different country or something? English not your first language?

But overall it's a fun movie.
Fun movie indeed. I was video game entertained.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I think Lumalee was my favorite character. just straight up embraced the shytty situation with a smile

FtibP1YaMAAZpOe

He could have escaped the cage at any time, but said fukk that. :heh:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I swear to God, Illumination would have gone full Illumination had a Nintendo not shut that shyt down. You know they would’ve stuffed “Party Rock” in the movie somewhere

good god, that would have been horrible
it would've legit ruined everything. they probably would've dropped "lets get it started" during the training montage

fukk sing and sing 2

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just got back from seeing this and really enjoyed it :ehh:. Really captured the spirit of the games, which is the main thing I was looking for. Also made me want to fire up the Switch again and play some more Odyssey or Mario Kart. Curious how the next full 2D/3D Mario game will look.

C/S on Lumalee being a surprise highlight of the film.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just got back from seeing this and really enjoyed it :ehh:. Really captured the spirit of the games, which is the main thing I was looking for. Also made me want to fire up the Switch again and play some more Odyssey or Mario Kart. Curious how the next full 2D/3D Mario game will look.

C/S on Lumalee being a surprise highlight of the film.

Just imagine if Nintendo made a Mario movie game around this right as the movie dropped, would be one of the biggest selling nintendo games of all time