Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Wanted to see it and wasn't disappointed. Just didn't like Seth Rogan...Soundtrack was dope, wish they went harder with the Mario themes...

The Diddy Kong cameo was awesome...

I can see DK being a spin-off....

But the Mario Verse is easily an ATM for the next 10-15 years if they play it right which it looks like they will...

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Just as "Super Mario Bros. The Movie" is taking up all that Box Office Coin......The original 1985 theme song how now been added to the Library of Congress "National Recording Registry" for being Historically significant to Society and Culture. This is the first Video Game song to be included in the Registry. This song is GOAT LEVEL. Felt like you entered another world when you first heard it. Speaking of Mario Themes. Loved Part 2, 3 and "Super Mario Worlds" theme too.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We just got back, this was dope! All the kids loved it. I was worried about my guy Donkey Kong for a minute gettn jobbed out but he ended up redeeming himself. The animation was crazy, Nintendo and Illumination killed it, the atmosphere in all the different worlds was legit. I wanted to see more of Luigi at the mansion, that part was cool too. A ton of little easter eggs. Did I see Mike Tyson's Punch Out? :ohhh:

Anyway, Nintendo killed it. We need that sequel and we need a Zelda movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Nintendo nailed this movie. Perfect fit kids to watch, nostalgia for older adults, and overall enjoyable story.

Yeah, the people who are saying the plot was "paper thin." First of all, when was Mario deep? Secondly, there was plenty of character development for Mario. He went into this movie as a younger/middle aged adult completely lost in life, trying different things but a serious lack of confidence, very unsure of himself. By the end of this movie, he knows exactly who and what he wants to be.

I swear people will complain about shyt but then prove they weren't paying attention :russ:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is a A- for me. Movie of the year so far. I had to hold myself back at least 3 times from getting excited. I haven't played these games in years but it was like "Oh, I remember that! He about to :damn: Loved that "one" battle. That was dope. The Black Panther influence... When he was a beginner, I felt that. We all had to go through that practice before we got the sklls. Incredible.

On reason I gave it A- and not a A

Bowser had his moments but the simp stuff got on my nerves. Just not a Jet Black fan. He was cool when he scary. But the goofiness. Naw. The other part I didn't like was when he fought Donkey Kong and had the cat suit. It's not the movie fault. It's mine. Never heard of the cat suit until I looked it up. I thought he was gonna grab the rac00n joint. But I was still happy once he did. I remember losing my mind seeing Mario fly as a teen in that rac00n suit.

I'm pro critic but they're wrong on this one. But I knew I'd like it once Grace Randolph dumped on it.

Last edited:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Just saw it last night at Alamo. It was cool how they were showing old Japanese Mario commercials from the 90s before the show :ehh:

The movie itself was pretty dope. Part of me thought I should’ve watched it in 3D, but nonetheless it was a good time particularly for the nostalgia
There is a chanel on YouTube I fcck with that shows all old video game commercials especially from Japan.