Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
That’s almost all she's ever been. She’s just a prop for Bowser and Mario to fight over. A prettier Olive Oil from Popeye. I mean if you gonna make a movie about something why not be faithful to the source material? Instead we got Mario out here acting like an incompetent sitcom dad tripping all over himself and she acting like the sitcom wife face palming his ineptitude.
if they're drawing from different games...she wasn't helpless in Mario RPG...and she did have her own game w/ Super Princess Peach.

She was the best in Mario 2 w/ the float ability

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
That’s almost all she's ever been. She’s just a prop for Bowser and Mario to fight over. A prettier Olive Oil from Popeye. I mean if you gonna make a movie about something why not be faithful to the source material? Instead we got Mario out here acting like an incompetent sitcom dad tripping all over himself and she acting like the sitcom wife face palming his ineptitude.
It's funny that you mention Popeye, because the original Donkey Kong game was actually supposed to be a Popeye game, but some rights issue came up so instead we got a story about a giant ape stealing a princess and needing to be saved by plumber who can jump high.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Instead we got Mario out here acting like an incompetent sitcom dad tripping all over himself and she acting like the sitcom wife face palming his ineptitude.
this is likely an origins story, so Mario lacking in skill makes sense. Did you forget he’s a plumber? :usure:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fixijo0VsAAVIzW

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Calling it now: this movie will gross over $750M globally.

I agree. I mentioned earlier in this thread something similar. It might not reach Avatar levels but it's going to be tremendous.

They can start their own Nintendo cinematic universe with all characters and properties that they have. This Mario movie could be what iron Man 1 was to the MCU

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Few characters have been more beloved in history than Mario...it's crazy, for anyone 40 or younger he's our Mickey Mouse fr
I am in an investment chat, and I keep telling my friends to buy Nintendo stock now because this is going to be the beginning of something huge. And they’re not buying it. They’re saying Nintendo should’ve gone with a Zelda movie. They don’t think Mario has appeal amongst GenZ (never mind the fact that my nine year old niece and all of her friends play Mario games nearly exclusively).

I love Zelda, but that franchise is not Mario.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trailer is flames :banderas: I might have said this earlier in the thread... but video games are lowkey getting ready to take over, especially after the success of both Sonic movies.
If Link shows up in the stinger of this Mario flick :gladbron:

If Sega and Nintendo take off with competing cinematic universes, that would be wild.
Imagine Streets of Rage, Sonic 3, Shining Force, Toejam and Earl, and Phantasy Star competing with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and F-Zero :blessed:
Picture Capcom jumping into the mix with Mega Man, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Final Fight, Devil May Cry, and a Resident Evil reboot.
Video games could be the next new wave, especially considering the situation we're in with all these other franchises.

Star Wars got messed up beyond all recognition with the sequel trilogy, and Marvel's been *mostly* flabby and sick since the Infinity Saga ended. :flabbynsick:
DC is inconsistent with their output... this whole comic book craze might be on borrowed time unless X-men or Fantastic Four crushes the buildings.