Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I’m disappointed in the Mario and Luigi voice choices…even Jack Black as Bowser.

Pratt and Charlie Day = Lego movie voices for me, so it seems lazy to cast them in this.

Love Jack Black, but would’ve liked a different, “scarier” voice as Bowser.

Seth Rogen and Keegan have also done a ton of voices already. Just seems like lazy A-list casting for the most part with these main characters when there was probably no need to go that route.

Still gonna watch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sonic is basically a child in the movies

That's pretty consistent with Sonic's characterization. He's an immature teen with an attitude problem. He's never been shown to be mature. Mario on the other hand hasn't really been portrayed as anything other than competent. They basically took Luigi and put him in Peach's role so they could have Peach be an active part of the movie and then made Mario into Luigi.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
New trailer got me hyped :whoo: seeing Donkey Kong giving Mario the beats brought out the inner Dashie in me
520cae0f761a55e89f5af4bd707130d081ac0d95.gif

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
That's pretty consistent with Sonic's characterization. He's an immature teen with an attitude problem. He's never been shown to be mature. Mario on the other hand hasn't really been portrayed as anything other than competent. They basically took Luigi and put him in Peach's role so they could have Peach be an active part of the movie and then made Mario into Luigi.
he technically is a "kid" / teen

Mario is...mario
eh maybe I always thought Sonic was rebellious, yeah but he was confident in his actions. I remember the sonic heroes pamphlet had his age be 16
the sonic in the movies acts more like an 8 year old but you can see they're building him up to that sonic adventure archetype

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i haven't seen them but i've played a ton of mario games and yeah he's competent but he still gets played on occasion. He's not some super intelligent motherfuccer...
I guess I shouldn't say much cause I'm not the target audience just seems like they dumbed Mario down to pander to children with the typical sort of cliché gags and humor these family friendly 3D animated movies always use. I just watched the trailer and my initial impression was when have I ever seen Mario as such a bubbling fool? That just stood out the most to me.

I've also never seen Peach as some sage like guiding figure in Mario's life. She's usually dumb as a lemming and just a headache he has to run and save all the time. In that trailer I get the impression here she's far more competent than him and she has to mold him into a hero. The real Peach would be captured minutes into the movie and never seen again until the credits were ready to roll.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I guess I shouldn't say much cause I'm not the target audience just seems like they dumbed Mario down to pander to children with the typical sort of cliché gags and humor these family friendly 3D animated movies always use. I just watched the trailer and my initial impression was when have I ever seen Mario as such a bubbling fool? That just stood out the most to me.

I've also never seen Peach as some sage like guiding figure in Mario's life. She's usually dumb as a lemming and just a headache he has to run and save all the time. In that trailer I get the impression here she's far more competent than him and she has to mold him into a hero. The real Peach would be captured minutes into the movie and never seen again until the credits were ready to roll.

sorry bro but they was never gonna play Peach as some dumb broad incapable of boiling water in 2022 :dead:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps

You curmudgeons will NOT steal my joy. :umad: In here dissecting this shyt like it was ever meant to be high cinema.

Last edited:

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
ok so I see Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Donkey Family Members?, references to other galaxies existing(Roselina), and Pauline
Where the Hell is Daisy! 😼 🎄