Super hero fatigue is real.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
History? He didn’t even get an origin story :russ:

If you really think they was going to treat T’Challa like Steve Rogers, you’re delusional. Wakanda is bigger than T’Challa in the MCU. And Shuri was the best choice under the circumstances and based on the previous content they put out.

And adding a child T’Challa will give them a chance to create a legit origin/coming of age story if they choose to go that route.

T'Challa is the leader of a country. Rogers is just some random cac they gave the serum to. So with a non-racist Marvel he'd get the same or better treatment as Rogers. Particularly since he's supposed to be the Black answer to Bruce Wayne, Reed Richards, and Captain America in terms of fighting ability, intelligence, and wealth.

And that's the problem.

Because T'Challa isn't as prominent because he hasn't been pushed as much as the cac superheroes. But he doesn't get pushed as much because he's not as prominent as the rest. :mjpls:

So it's a catch-22 situation set up by cacs and apparently aided by guys like Coogler who should understand the power they hold with representing Black male superheroes. And not mess it up by pretending that Black Panther is someone that doesn't matter for Black men.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nothing to do with fatigue.

The scripts and movies have simply been TRASH.

The new characters are TRASH.

All they had to do was FAST TRACK X-MEN and Setup a New Avengers vs X-MEN storyline.

Instead we're getting Multiverse BULLJIVE and a bunch of disconnected stuff which was not what attracted people to the mcu.

The only Marvel product that looks good is Secret Invasion and primarily because of Sam Jack and the serious tone which may even be a bait and switch.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Literally everybody in the mcu has done that. From dance off to part 3, he’s ruined that. They back to c level at this point

What you mean literally everybody? Shang Chi was damn near a flop, Eternals flopped and this Ant-Man with Kang as the centerpiece flopped. Gunn is still the only director that took D-list characters and made them worldwide A-listers

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nothing to do with fatigue.

The scripts and movies have simply been TRASH.

The new characters are TRASH.

All they had to do was FAST TRACK X-MEN and Setup a New Avengers vs X-MEN storyline.

Instead we're getting Multiverse BULLJIVE and a bunch of disconnected stuff which was not what attracted people to the mcu.

The only Marvel product that looks good is Secret Invasion and primarily because of Sam Jack and the serious tone which may even be a bait and switch.

They could've used the multiverse saga to still have the X-Men locked in contract actors but kill them off. Or just buy them out and use cheap actors for their replacements!

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What you mean literally everybody? Shang Chi was damn near a flop, Eternals flopped and this Ant-Man with Kang as the centerpiece flopped. Gunn is still the only director that took D-list characters and made them worldwide A-listers

Shang Chi wasn’t a flop :mjlol:

It got a 91% RT score and a 98% audience score.

If you looking at numbers, it was during the pandemic and the first big blockbuster release. It didn’t have a drastic 2nd week drop. People simply werent going out. Had it been released precovid, it would’ve did double at the box office.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The old Iron Man 3 trick...

:martin:

:scust:

Aint ever seen a film with a bigger tone bait and SWITCH than that movie :scust:

Then they did it again with Ultron :scust:

Trailer had you think Ultron was going to destroy the world instead he ended up being a comedian :scust:

Marvel really LUCKED OUT with the Russo Bros.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They could've used the multiverse saga to still have the X-Men locked in contract actors but kill them off. Or just buy them out and use cheap actors for their replacements!

Not even kill them off.

There's no reason why the likes Fassbender Magneto, James Mcavoy Professor X and the other good ones couldn't be ported as the main MCU X-Men with makeovers. Then get rid of wack actors.

We're literally seeing them do that with Daredevil, Kingpin and Punisher.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Rather than Letitia headlining another solo film, I think it’s more likely that Shuri would hold the mantle down through various appearances leading up to Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars. With Loveness confirming her presence and Marvel Studios already investing the time into establishing her as BP in Wakanda Forever, I don’t see her going anywhere anytime soon.
I agree with that.. But BP3..... That's T'Challa

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
First wave, first wave lol.. These new phases are shyt

Ironman wasn't some A level character... First off, let me start with GOTG ain't A level.. A level is spiderman, hulk, wolverine, batman, superman... People your grandma and your grandson know, just off looking at them.. NONE of the phase 1 guys was like that except MAYBE captain america..

GotG had one mid to good movie and went to B level status maybe.. They still didn't have the A listing that Ironman obtained.. Or Thor got to...

Then a complete shytshow second movie that nobody cared about... Then they faded back into a "who gives a fukk" status that they on now. We'll see after this month, but I assure you, GOTG are on their way out too.. Down there with antman. Yea you know him, but do you really KNOW the story? I could eyeball Pepper and give you a full rundown.. Could some kid do that with Gomorra, or does he just know Rocket cause he's a raccon and Groot cause he says Groot?

Gunn ain't Dunn shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Shang Chi wasn’t a flop :mjlol:

It got a 91% RT score and a 98% audience score.

If you looking at numbers, it was during the pandemic and the first big blockbuster release. It didn’t have a drastic 2nd week drop. People simply werent going out. Had it been released precovid, it would’ve did double at the box office.
Don't nobody remember that shyt nor care to talk about/watch it again

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Had it been released precovid, it would’ve did double at the box office.

Shang Chi was gonna do $800M ? While Ant-Man with Kang can't get to $500M?

giphy.gif

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Don't nobody remember that shyt nor care to talk about/watch it again
Nobody remembers any movie that dropped in 2021. Domestically, it made more than F9, and No Time to Die. Internationally is where Shang Chi didn’t perform. Those other properties are well known outside the US.