Suits (Season 6 Official Thread)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, it almost felt like a series finale. Everybody kinda moving on to a new chapter in their life.

One of my favorite shows but I'm anticipating a fall off. No Jessica, and a law firm who just lost most of their shyt hires the fraud lawyer who is the reason they fell off as a consultant? :patrice:
Anticipating a fall off? We just had a full season of a fall off breh.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Anticipating a fall off? We just had a full season of a fall off breh.
:dead:

Yea this season was WOAT. But it was clear as day soon as Mike got out of jail the show is as good as it's ever been.

The back half of season 6 should prove if this show still has legs or not. Jessica is a BIG void to fill.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

Yea this season was WOAT. But it was clear as day soon as Mike got out of jail the show is as good as it's ever been.

The back half of season 6 should prove if this show still has legs or not. Jessica is a BIG void to fill.
I'm familiar with USA and one of my favorite shows is Burn Notice. USA wraps up series around 7 seasons plus they likely want Mr. Robot in that time slot. They should do a time jump next season see how everyone moves on.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
If they want Mr Robot in that time slot they would just put it there lol. Suits fanbase is already established.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
If they want Mr Robot in that time slot they would just put it there lol. Suits fanbase is already established.
Mmm no. shyt doesn't work that simple. That hour earlier makes a world of a difference in viewership. MR would grow starting at 9 instead of 10.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Was just reading that the writers original plan for Jessica was to kill her off by having the father of the murdered girl go nuts and shoot her after she broke him down on the stand and got that guy's conviction overturned.

USA told them "hell no" though because that wanted the door open for Jessica to make return appearances so they instead had her quit corporate law and run off with he ex to Chicago.

Now Gina Torres is going to be appearing on The Catch on ABC.
:wtf:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's already been said but that damn sure felt like a series finale. Suits is one of my favorite shoes but I would have been perfectly fine if they ended it right there. Go out on a high note while still leaving some things open-ended.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Was just reading that the writers original plan for Jessica was to kill her off by having the father of the murdered girl go nuts and shoot her after she broke him down on the stand and got that guy's conviction overturned.

USA told them "hell no" though because that wanted the door open for Jessica to make return appearances so they instead had her quit corporate law and run off with he ex to Chicago.

Now Gina Torres is going to be appearing on The Catch on ABC.

Where u read that at?? That doesn't add up to ANYTHING Gina speaks about here

Gina Torres Is Leaving Suits

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as corny as it's gonna be Harvey and Donna are ending the show next season with their own wedding, everybody's gonna ride into the sunset of happiness just like real life (not)

overall show is a 7/10 with a strong cast but it needs a fork in it

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Yeah seemed like show final. Think it needs to end now. It redeemed itsself when they chabged the format.

Those weekly case where Harvey would win all the time were getting boring. So it was good when they chabged it up.

Found the Louis love story shyt. All of that in a week or so lol ha

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
as corny as it's gonna be Harvey and Donna are ending the show next season with their own wedding, everybody's gonna ride into the sunset of happiness just like real life (not)

overall show is a 7/10 with a strong cast but it needs a fork in it

Yeah seemed like show final. Think it needs to end now. It redeemed itsself when they chabged the format.

Those weekly case where Harvey would win all the time were getting boring. So it was good when they chabged it up.

Found the Louis love story shyt. All of that in a week or so lol ha

Unfortunately, I just read that they renewed them for two more seasons. Hopefully the last one is only 6 to 8 episodes though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Where u read that at?? That doesn't add up to ANYTHING Gina speaks about here

Gina Torres Is Leaving Suits

Deadline's interview with Suits creator Aaron Korsh:

KORSH: I have not said this before, but my initial idea was to have this all happen and have her make her decision to go, and I knew that fans out there knew that Gina might be leaving. We tried to keep it quiet, but you can’t keep that kind of thing quiet. Once she got her pilot, it certainly seemed people understood if that thing went, she would go. So my idea was to twist it and have her decide to leave and go to Jeff exactly as we did it in the finale, and have the father of the victim come back with a gun and kill her. I didn’t think we were going to see it, but my initial inspiration was sort of taken from M*A*S*H*. The beloved character Henry Blake left, and they had an emotional goodbye and then you find out that his plane had been shot down over the Sea of Japan, and it was very moving. That was my initial idea, to put the twist on it.

The network didn’t want to go that way, and I didn’t really have it in me to come up with two plans and sort of struggle to make my case on the one, so we ended up going this way. I think it gives her a little bit of a happy ending and certainly leaves more opportunity for her to come back from time to time in the future.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Mmm no. shyt doesn't work that simple. That hour earlier makes a world of a difference in viewership. MR would grow starting at 9 instead of 10.

It is that simple. Shows get moved around all the time. If USA wants Mr.Robot on at 9 it will be on at 9. Suits is entering it's 7th season. It's fanbase is established.

Mr.Robot is on at 10 because they want it on at 10. Maybe they are relying on the viewer to stay watching after Suits. Maybe there's shows at 9pm they don't want to be competing with. Idk. But if USA wants the show at the 9pm timeslot they would just move it there. Especially when all it means is moving suits to 10pm. Lol.