SUITS SEASON 4 THREAD: PREMIERES JUNE 11, 2014 ON USA

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Is the firm breaking any laws because dude is a fraud? Impersonating a lawyer or something? Seems like it would be an easy fix if they were...

even if Mike now went and got his degree/bar, it brings every case that he worked into question; judgments thrown out the window, cases reopened, clients leaving, lawsuits against pearson, jail time

not an easy fix breh :comeon:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
even if Mike now went and got his degree/bar, it brings every case that he worked into question; judgments thrown out the window, cases reopened, clients leaving, lawsuits against pearson, jail time

not an easy fix breh :comeon:
I jumped in last year so I'm not sure. Was he ever the Lead attorney for any of those cases? Why couldn't he be Harvey's wizkid assistant who came up with all these solutions. Do you need a law degree for that? Rachel is working cases and she doesn't have a degree. These are not criminal cases.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I jumped in last year so I'm not sure. Was he ever the Lead attorney for any of those cases? Why couldn't he be Harvey's wizkid assistant who came up with all these solutions. Do you need a law degree for that? Rachel is working cases and she doesn't have a degree. These are not criminal cases.
think the difference is that Rachel is a paralegal, while Mike is a lawyer (associate)...Mike has been the lead attorney on his own cases

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
think the difference is that Rachel is a paralegal, while Mike is a lawyer (associate)...Mike has been the lead attorney on his own cases
I could see where their rep could take a hit with the only Harvard attorney rule and clients finding out but are they breaking laws is my confusion. Louis wanted to see the boss in cuffs because of it, but what is the charge? To me Louis not reporting millions of dollars to the government seemly with no real consequences would be the bigger deal if it ever came out.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I could see where their rep could take a hit with the only Harvard attorney rule and clients finding out but are they breaking laws is my confusion. Louis wanted to see the boss in cuffs because of it, but what is the charge? To me Louis not reporting millions of dollars to the government seemly with no real consequences would be the bigger deal if it ever came out.
firm rep plus its illegal to practice law without passing the state bar exam

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
firm rep plus its illegal to practice law without passing the state bar exam
just googled it because i was interested in this. Apparently, what Mike is doing is just a misdemeanor in NY. All the clients including the ones he won for could ask for their fees refunded and the firm could lose their license. But apparently all Harvey had to do for this to make sense, would just hire Mike as his personal paralegal, pay him whatever he wants and ratify everything Mike has ever done as the lawyer. Judicial Clerks do exactly what Mike do now without passing the bar. Maybe thats how they will clean this up when this show finally ends:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
just googled it because i was interested in this. Apparently, what Mike is doing is just a misdemeanor in NY. All the clients including the ones he won for could ask for their fees refunded and the firm could lose their license. But apparently all Harvey had to do for this to make sense, would just hire Mike as his personal paralegal, pay him whatever he wants and ratify everything Mike has ever done as the lawyer. Judicial Clerks do what Mike does now without passing bar. Maybe thats how they will clean this up when this show finally ends:yeshrug:

:ohhh:.....post this in the "Hey...Let's Ruin...." thread....lol...

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yea i agree. the rep thing has always been the only thing that made sense with the harvard rule as well as the embarrassment. "You dont even know if your associates are real lawyers but i'm supposed to trust you as my law firm?"

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if it's only a misdemeanor, wouldn't it be one for every case he's worked on? All of them adding up would surely end his ass up in jail. Then add to it the people who know. Jessica who owns the firm will be done and lose the firm. Harvey will be done as well. All of them will lose their license to practice law in New York state. No one is going to hire them. That pretty much seals the fate of the entire firm and all who work there. Cats will try to jump ship but be f u c k e d either way. No one will want to mess with them.

The arc that I would like see the most is that Mike actually quits because it will really be him or the (entire) firm or gets locked up and takes the fall for everything. He'll never not be a fraud and I hope it ends terribly for him. Until then, I'll let them worry about the in between and enjoy these fine women. Oh yeah, find a way to bring Scotty back!

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Why wouldn't Mike take the time to study every Harvard tradition? Sigh... That key shyt was such a cop out. You would think a person with photographic memory would try to learn everything there is about the school he didn't really go to. I mean, his firm only hires Harvard graduates.. :mindblown:
Great show but the writing with Mike's memory and not going to Harvard is meh at times.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Gotta give the dude who plays Louis props...he has been acting his ass off all season but the performance he gave at the end of this episode was next level. I know it will never happen but dude really does deserve a Primetime Emmy nom for Best Supporting Actor next year.

And Jessica is hard as fukk. Running around firing perfectly fine white bytches and when she refused to apologize to Louis...she will not back down ever even when she is wrong as hell.

What I want to see soon is a season where Pearson/Specter/Litt goes to war with Rachel's dad's law firm just because Wendell Pierce is that dude.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Solid mid-season finale. I thought Louis' reaction when Mike first mentioned the key was strange and I knew it would come into play somehow.

I hope they keep Bunk and Katrina on for the rest of this season.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is laughable, the major premise of the show is someone gets "fired" or quits and then somehow gets brought back to the firm... :mjlol:

I guess harvey and jessica will be next which will extend the show to at least season 8.

LMAO, what a joke! These USA shows are stupid, dumb and predictable.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
This show is laughable, the major premise of the show is someone gets "fired" or quits and then somehow gets brought back to the firm... :mjlol:

I guess harvey and jessica will be next which will extend the show to at least season 8.

LMAO, what a joke! These USA shows are stupid, dumb and predictable.

nikka go that way.