Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do any members of the Suicide Squad have super powers or are they all like highly trained mercenaries? Knowledge me.

Other than Enchantress all of them are assassins at least for the movie. There have been several incarnations of the squad over time from what i know

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Do any members of the Suicide Squad have super powers or are they all like highly trained mercenaries? Knowledge me.

To follow up on what @MartyMcFly said, most of the time they do have a couple of superpowers on the team, but generally the team leaders are non-powered mercenaries, because those guys have actual in-field tactical ops/combat experience (opposed to being a random superpowered bank robber).

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To follow up on what @MartyMcFly said, most of the time they do have a couple of superpowers on the team, but generally the team leaders are non-powered mercenaries, because those guys have actual in-field tactical ops/combat experience (opposed to being a random superpowered bank robber).

And of course they're mostly all felons or people on the governments shyt list and they're given no choice to do these suicidal black ops missions

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Other than Enchantress all of them are assassins at least for the movie. There have been several incarnations of the squad over time from what i know

Cool is there any connection between them and the Justice League in the comics? Is this movie being green lit a sign of a future story arc?

Like in the MCU when they introduced the Teseract and then Thanos if you are familiar with Marvel comics you knew where it was heading.

I'm a late 80s/early 90s comic head and super heavy Marvel. The premise of this seems really dope just want to get an idea what type of puzzle piece this is in the DC movie plan.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cool is there any connection between them and the Justice League in the comics? Is this movie being green lit a sign of a future story arc?

Like in the MCU when they introduced the Teseract and then Thanos if you are familiar with Marvel comics you knew where it was heading.

I'm a late 80s/early 90s comic head and super heavy Marvel. The premise of this seems really dope just want to get an idea what type of puzzle piece this is in the DC movie plan.

Only connection is that these are all villains that they've foughr individually before and of course the Amanda Waller connection. She notoriously doesn't like the league just because she feels like they're way too powerful and could pose a threat to the country. And as a government official she's the one who hires and conceptualizes the squad to do the jobs heroes won't do. So whatever connections are there at least deeper ones will have to be part of a story they create but on first blush it's all tangential

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are like high level assassins ( dead shot ) Rick flag is a trained army guy or Harley Quinn level bad guys captain boomerang and enchantress has powers . Idk who actually is on the team besides those people but it's more those level characters and maybe a king shark (killer croc)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Squad power levels change depending on the mission.
At different points the team has had people like Black Adam, The General, Killer Frost and even Chemo (a giant toxic waste dump basically) on the team. Its just most of the missions the Squad takes are ones that require more stealth and skill than power.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@MartyMcFly
@TheGodling
@23statcity
@Jello Biafra

good job answering his question fellas....to piggy back off yall:

ss and jl dont mix like that...the few connections they have are amanda and that the members of ss are rogues for jl members...other than that, you rarely, if ever, see a jl vs ss situations....cause that just aint fair....

what i think DC/WB is gonna do: they gonna tie ss into the jl universe of course (lex cameo, joker, and maybe even a bats cameo), but the ss movies are gonna be more 1 off-ish types....by that i mean their plots are gonna affect the universe cause they gonna be doing missions while the superheroes are doing missions, but they arent gonna affect the universe like that...at least it wont seem like it.....they will be behind the scenes so to speak....i do think a lot of the characters will be used in future jl member films, especially the next bats movie....joker, harley, killer croc, and deadshot, all bats rogue...

now, i will say: the issue DC/WB has created for themselves is that they have bigger stars in ss than they do jl lol....so we might see more ss movies than jl movies, but that's an issue i can live with....they can be running around doing things that lead up to whatever goes down in the jl movies....also, they might spin them into the creation of the legion of doom....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this really got me thinking: if this shyt does well, the possibilities of shyt we could get from dc, oh my...imagine a secret six movie...a kingdom come movie (i'm crossing my fingers for this)....crisis movie series.....darkseid....superboy prime....a flashpoint paradox movie.....man, wb/dc better not fukk this up lol.....

i'm stop thinking about that....to get back on topic with this:

they are saying that second pic that's released is leto, i thought it was harley....that's who i wanna see....i think she gonna kill that role....

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only connection is that these are all villains that they've foughr individually before and of course the Amanda Waller connection. She notoriously doesn't like the league just because she feels like they're way too powerful and could pose a threat to the country. And as a government official she's the one who hires and conceptualizes the squad to do the jobs heroes won't do. So whatever connections are there at least deeper ones will have to be part of a story they create but on first blush it's all tangential
this really got me thinking: if this shyt does well, the possibilities of shyt we could get from dc, oh my...imagine a secret six movie...a kingdom come movie (i'm crossing my fingers for this)....crisis movie series.....darkseid....superboy prime....a flashpoint paradox movie.....man, wb/dc better not fukk this up lol.....

i'm stop thinking about that....to get back on topic with this:

they are saying that second pic that's released is leto, i thought it was harley....that's who i wanna see....i think she gonna kill that role....
secret six :banderas: one of the greatest villain books . Dollmans interaction with mad hatter . Classic

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
secret six :banderas: one of the greatest villain books . Dollmans interaction with mad hatter . Classic

man, who you telling...you speaking nothing but the truth....cats need to learn up on the secret six....they that shyt...but if people think ss is dark, they def not ready for them....think dc would have to really be feeling themselves to make a secret six movie cause it would be R...although they could go with an animated one.....

anyway, dollman kicking that muthafukka off the roof lol....

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
The Squad power levels change depending on the mission.
At different points the team has had people like Black Adam, The General, Killer Frost and even Chemo (a giant toxic waste dump basically) on the team. Its just most of the missions the Squad takes are ones that require more stealth and skill than power.

Killer Frost was in the animated movie right? And that's who
Caitlin on The Flash
becomes?