Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Nope.... No one from Marvel works for this company.

They control nothing, they make no decisions.

There is no way to shift blame to them, DC gotta live and die by whatever decision they make.

Plus...... I've seen Young Justice and Flash and Arrow and I heard about Teen Titans.:sas2:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Why couldn't WB/DC make a Christian Bale and Nolan offers that they couldn't refuse
Those 2 clearly have no love for comics. They were intrigued by the concept of Batman minus the "fantastic" elements and ended up making some brilliant films. I think a major problem for WB/DC has been trying to chase that dragon.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those 2 clearly have no love for comics. They were intrigued by the concept of Batman minus the "fantastic" elements and ended up making some brilliant films. I think a major problem for WB/DC has been trying to chase that dragon.

Please god NO :scusthov:

I agree with that,trying to have the dark/realistic tone has set them back a little bit....I think they have been trying to do it slowly so it wouldn't be such a shock to the system:pachaha:....but end of the day you said those films were brilliant and that's the point....as of right now that's the comparison they gotta live with that,before the Nolan batman movies they had to live up to the previous batman movies and the cartoon:banderas:

I'll give Wan a chance,Affect was pretty good as Batman but he was no Bale let's be clear....Bales only weakness is that he never had a fight scene like the one in BVS as Batman....that was probaly the best part about Affect as Batman.....the new Alfred we all agree ain't touchin the last Alfeed either:pachaha:

All they gotta do is make one brilliant movie and I will forget all these things,it's up to them to make us stop comparin....and trash this Leto asap...first Lex Luther is some young emo punk,now the Joker is too?what the he'll they trying to do here:dahell:?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wait hold on China banned it because of this Katanas mask??:dwillhuh:Due to it's Japanese style or something :jbhmm:? Either way China been on some petty shyt for their movies for a minute :skip:. Deadpool already proved they're unnecessary anyway long as a decent story is told that the audience enjoys :ufdup:plus Suicide Squad has apparently put up Antman numbers. I think Japan and Germany haven't been released yet also:ehh:

China isn't unnecessary to Hollywood because they're the biggest outside investors they have at the moment. All that shameless pandering they do (a lot of stuff even Chinese audiences aren't particularly thrilled by) is satisfying the companies that cough up half of the movie's budget for them.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Skipped work today and decided to check out a movie and chose this. Not disappointed. I give it a 7.5/10. It was a good introductory movie on par with the first Captain America to me. Interested in seeing more Deadshot, Harley and Boomerang. I heard Joker wasn't in it a lot so I thought that would be bad, but as I was watching, I didn't mind him as just a supporting role. Enchantress started out kinda cool, but when she was doing that wack ass dance while she was turning people to soldiers, I didn't take her seriously:heh:

But yeah, I'll be there for the sequel.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
OK since we are talking budgets and box office let me brake some things down so bare with me. To those trying to downplay the success of this film by using the Budget agianst it. (Plenty of Marvel films have 150-200 Million budgets as well) Trust me WB is having a huge party over this. NOBODY even the biggest Box Office Experts had "Suicide Squad" breaking any records. WB just broke the record for most consecutive years over 1 Billion at the Domestic Box Office (17 Years 99-Present) First let me explain something about Movie Revenue, the whole (It needs to make 3x it's budget) isn't all the way true. Yes a film does have to make a the bare minunum DOUBLE it's budget before Studio can see anything. That's true. The reason the 3x's isn't fully true is because there are SEVERAL revenue streams for movie (Home Video DVD/Blu-ray, Streaming (Netflex, Hulu etc), International Gross, Television Rights, etc).

Also when a studio releases "Production Budget" most people think that doesn't include marketing. You are correct because studios don't inlcuding marketing dollars in the Budget because most of the time (Not all) the marketing money is already written off by production credits and rebates. Also a studio never wants the public to truely know how much they spent marketing a project. Only on Really huge blockbusters does the marketing money go past rebates. Rumors are Disney spent over 150 Milllion Markting "The Force Awakens" (Budget 150, Marketing 150). Fox spent 125 Million Marketing "Avatar".

"Suicide Squad" a year ago, tracking for this film was at about 65-70 Million. Most of that was based on Will's Star Power because Neither Jared (Never had a 100 Million grossing film) nor Margot (She's had a few but she's didn't drive the film and was a supporting character) are huge box office draws dispite playing legendary characters. The 175 Budget for Suicide Squad was definitely mostly Actors Salaries, Effects, Locations. Let's put this into context. "Star Trek" (185 M Budget) and "Bornue" (120 M Budget) both popular franchises barely cleared 60 Million. "X-men" (178 M Budget) coming off a well recieved "DOFP" came in at 65 Million. Even the "Ghostbusters" reboot cost over 150 Budget and that clearly ain't recouping came in 56 Opening Weekend. "Independence Day: R" cost 165 Million (41 Million Opening weekend) just as much as "Suicide Squad". "Suicide Squad" outperformed all of these titles, no way anyone can spin it as a flop.

But something happen between "Civil War" and "Suicide Squad". It was a very lackluster summer for movergoers. Way to many underperformaing blockbusters. All the sudden "Suicide Squad" became an event blockbuster that you would expect in May or even July. Even with Batman in a cameo and Joker all over the marketing, as well as Harley Quinn finally getting on the Big Screen, "Suicide Squad" is nowhere near a premier comic book title of other DC heroes or even Marvel. Tracking didn't start to uptick until about 2 weeks ago when fandango saw a huge spike in presales. Many box office sources that I know personally said that even WB is floored by those numbers as their inside tracking had it at about 80 Million at best. When pressed by the media they finally put out a number of about 110 Million (Once the fandango reports came in) so they were still unsure at the final hour.

Just as nobody saw "Guadians" breaking the record (Oh yeah Guadians had a 200 Million Budget by the way), Nobody thought this film could do it let alone break it by 40 million. It also had a very strong hold for Monday at about 13.5 Million. If "Guadians" made 330 Million and BatsVSupes made 330 Million than if "Suicide Squad" ends up beating both and possible "Deadpool" becoming the 2nd highest grossing comic book film domestically than I don't see how you can say this is anything but a huge success. Now yes if the Legs fall apart and lets say it tops out at about 250-260 then yes one could argue there is possibly bad word of mouth. The bottom line is DCEU is ahead of Marvel box office wise after their first few films:

(First 3 Films) Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 = 1.4 Billion

(First 2 Films) Man of Steel, BatsVSupes = 1.5 Billion (After Suicide Squad they will be well pass 2 Billion after only 3 movies)

You could agrue yes they had to bring out the big dogs to get those numbers (Hulk was a big dog for Marvel that underperformed by the way) but the reality of the matter is you can't be bias and say Marvel did great out the gate (When they really didn't as Hulk and Iron Man 2 weren't that great) while saying DC didn't when clearly they are putting up the results. Critical Accliam is missing yes but I'm looking at the critics sideways when they give great reviews to average Marvel films while piling on and bashing DC films. The point is there is clearly a HUGE demand for DC comic characters. Marvel does not have the monopoly they've had over the last 4 years since "The Dark Knight Trilogy" ended. As long as "Wonder Woman" does well (It Will as Supergirl, Catwoman and Electra are it's only competition for female solo films and they all flopped) then you transistion to Justice League for the Holidays and DC wil have 5 Successful Films, 3 of which already broken records.

Now I will say this and after a long time thinking about it, Yes "BatsVSupes" should of done over a Billion and it's clear it fell just short because there were issues with the film that people couldn't just get behind. And that's fair. In no way am I saying all 3 films were flawless Classics but they also weren't "TRASH", "Worst Comic Book Movies Ever" as RT Critics would have you believe. (DareDevil has a higher score than SS and BvS, lol) "Man of Steel" IMO did everything it needed to do to reintroduce Superman to general audiences after that lackuster "Returns". "Suicide Squad" to me delievered and gave WB/DC a whole new blockbuster franchise out of left field. Overall I think DC needs to continue what they are doing. "Suicide Squad" is vastly different than anything I've seen from Marvel as far as giving us the Dark Comic Book Vibe (Sans Blade of course). As a fan of both DC and Marvel I want them to co-exsist but they can't when people aren't giving DC a fair shake because they are so afraid of Marvel having some competition.

DC-Universe-Characters-mc7xv3rf1mydi0est2ksfru9sfdomrvej1gzct84qg.jpg

The reason why dc is failing regardless of their comparisons is they already ruined two film superhero frsnchises previously.
All the comparisons won'-t save them from being cop and blow and till dc changes comic book movies from cop and blow status to bring real movies like captain america or even dark knight.
They will continue to fall flat in the long run.

Right now, marvel could do the thunderbolts and spinoff Hawkeye Fri the avengers and body all od dc with the same type of suicide squad movie.
shyt right now fox good ass could do freedom force with mystique and do suicide squad numbers.
The reason why dc continues to take the large brunt of the he blowfish they created phoney and have the principals in order to give out high quality.
Yet continue to bait fans into a false marketed product devoid of real quality.

Don't believe me,.. as soon as dc has bat,an squared away they tank him and look no further than the new adam west cartoon for emphasis.
Where the trailer opens right back up to what ruined their dc comics respectability to begin woth. With batman in a phoney ass captured predicament with robin.
No one wants to support dc because dc will adam west the entire shyt for wack box office receipts that show they have no idea and are out of touch.
As soon as batman is rebolstered they will not hesitate to try to get the wack commercial dollar out of bstman from the adam west days.

That is why dc is always under scrutiny and will always be bashed.
All because they try to pull the rug out from under the consumer with dc.
Then use the dark stuff to revenue grab and fake build a draw to bait and switch consumers.

It is the wackest cycle of business in entertainment and pop permeation history too.

Nobody is fooled and dc will have to change that aspect or risk losing dc as a draw all together.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Skipped work today and decided to check out a movie and chose this. Not disappointed. I give it a 7.5/10. It was a good introductory movie on par with the first Captain America to me. Interested in seeing more Deadshot, Harley and Boomerang. I heard Joker wasn't in it a lot so I thought that would be bad, but as I was watching, I didn't mind him as just a supporting role. Enchantress started out kinda cool, but when she was doing that wack ass dance while she was turning people to soldiers, I didn't take her seriously:heh:

But yeah, I'll be there for the sequel.

The dance ruins the whole movie and conflict resolution after that.

Art Barr

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Just finished watching this movie. Maybe because everyone I know was trashing it but I didn't think it was all that bad. Nothing special but entertaining and I didn't feel like I wasted my money. They kind of went overboard with the music and the relationship that the team built seemed a tad forced. The Joker only needed to be in the movie twice. During the flashback and at the end after the credits. The whole "I'm coming to save you" deal was unnecessary. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just got back from seeing it, and it was a decent film 3.5/5 :manny:

I liked the Justice League teaser at the end with Waller and Wayne, but the movie wasn't that wowing.