Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from seeing this.

Movie tried way too hard.

The only ones who really nailed their roles were Smith & Robbie.

Too much focus on wardrobe not enough on good writing.

Movie could have used more Batman and less Joker.

Felt very Hype Williams. Matter of fact, Hype would have made this movie more watchable.

I'd be interested in seeing a directors cut, because I know the studio had a heavy hand in this disaster.

5/10.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Watching now

Its pretty good but it's just too... comical imo. Or it tries to be. I prefer that they kept it dark like the previews suggested. It should've been more dark and twisted but now it's seems like it's trying to be too funny...

The music is even too cheesy.. The score i mean. The dialogue is kinda cheesy (especially Rick Flaggs gay ass and gay ass voice)

It just seemed like the studio cheesed the fukk out of this...

Best parts of the movie so far... Harley and Deadshot.

Joker if he was in it more I think. How they edited him was... Awkward.

Honestly, im liking the movie but they cheesed it up too much trying to be like Marvel. Let it be dark and have dark humor... Not this PG 13 bullshyt that they chopped the fukk out of for some reason.

I like it so far though, but they could've done better. WB needs to stop cheesing and fukking up their movies trying to be lighthearted and funny

Will rate it later

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just finished...

And I guess I understand what they mean by the relationship shyt between Joker and Harley. He is obsessed but she SHOULD be 10x's more obsessed than he is and Joker is also very abusive and none of that was in the movie. On tv and in comics it's usually a one sided relationship. She gives and Joker takes. They made it a full blown love story almost with Joker obsessed...

All in all, i liked the movie. Like most people said, I was entertained. I feel like they dropped the ball from making it a great movie (Like GOTG) by trying to make it TOO lighthearted (like GOTG). Also the editing was sketchy, not enough joker (even though i like the :demonic: side of this joker), and it was too PG-13-ish.

Couldve been a 9-10 movie but i give it a 7/10. Script, tone, and editing (also pg13) fukked the movie from being a really great one...

But i was entertained.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
CqZtzbFXYAAucfs.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Congrats on crossing 500 Milli pushing 600 milli and having 3 weekends at #1 in the world including US. 700 Milli in the cards? possible. Now they have to build off this. Again this is without China. "Suicide Squad" has now made 3x's it budget. This actually might indirectly set the bar pretty high for "Wonder Woman" because "SS" is performing just as good as "MOS" and "BatsVSupes" at the domestic and global box office.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $262,283,335 45.8%
+ Foreign: $310,400,000 54.2%
= Worldwide: $572,683,335

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm guessing it was a cut scene but in the novel after he uses his powers in the building Harley hugs and kisses him and after that he seemed to liken up a bit and then they have a bonding moment in the bar

WHY CUT DAT SCENE!!!!!! :why:

30 seconds TOPS!!!????!!!!! :why:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Just got back from seeing this.

Movie tried way too hard.

The only ones who really nailed their roles were Smith & Robbie.

Too much focus on wardrobe not enough on good writing.

Movie could have used more Batman and less Joker.

Felt very Hype Williams. Matter of fact, Hype would have made this movie more watchable.

I'd be interested in seeing a directors cut, because I know the studio had a heavy hand in this disaster.

5/10.

Yes.