Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:camby: this clown
nah you're right. that's on equal footing with the fact Boomerang likes unicorns. Remember in GoTG - a far superior movie - when they're in the lineup and shyt is written on the screen? This would be like them flashing Gamora was the daughter of Thanos in small letters, without one of the dude's saying it or it ever coming back into play.

that's a huge key element to a character's backstory... but why bother fleshing it out, comic readers already know tht! we have an entire shytty universe to let it play out in! Plus, we've already seen Robin's "hahahahaha" graffited costume, so we're good. It should just be assumed Harley - the chick we're setting up as a major character in our movies - was there. fukk Robin anyway, he's a p*ssy character, and Zack Snyder ain't got no time for such a p*ssy! We can just write it on the screen briefly.

i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say there was a short scene or soem dialogue that furthered on that but it hit the cutting room floor... like everything else that was good in the initial script apparently. I guarentee the original intention wasn't just to show that in writing. The Death of Robin is supposed to be a huge driving force for old Batman, and they even rumored it was going to be the storyline in his solo movie.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
remember in Civil War when they just wrote "killed Tony Stark's parents" in barely legible letters on the screen when Winter Soldier popped up then never spoke about it again? good stuff.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Expecting niccaz to critique the font of the credits for the secondary film unit next.

"Should've at least been 11 :scust: Guardians of the Galaxy had it at 11,5 Marvel gets IT"

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
remember in Civil War when they just wrote "killed Tony Stark's parents" in barely legible letters on the screen when Winter Soldier popped up then never spoke about it again? good stuff.

Robins death isn't a plot twist, Bruce knows what happened and so does anyone who knows which Bat villain would end a sentence with "hahahaha" after spraypainting it on a boys corpse. Letting us know that Harley was involved is just to set her up as a villain.

you guys are copping pleas. shyt movies should be nitpicked. this is a shyt movie. WB is a problem.

The problem is in two posts of yours I've read you mentioned two different Marvel movies. Which is semi-trolling imo for this dumb ass war going on.

They chose a different style, you're free to dislike it but bringing up oTony's parents is dumb as fukk since the two events serve entirely different purposes to the plot.

The movie is about Suicide Squad, not Harley killing Robin. It's just a wink to people following the DCEU and MAYBE they'll come back to it in future movies. Shyt if anything the movie already spends like a quarter of it's length on Harley alone.

It's literally a millisecond or movie, a few words, and dudes bring up Civil War where the entire last act revolves around Buck killing Tone's parents.

Which was dope for that story, but this, luckily, isnt the same story :yeshrug:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it's poor story telling, and clearly the result of studio interference. simple as that.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what's with the face, did you actually read what he said?...he said 'fukk them' in regards to them putting he couldnt rock climb in his contract lol....also, him being 'brutally honest' about the suicide squad film was that he hasnt seen the film and he's just going off what people have said in regards to his scenes/amount of time he's in the film; going off of that, he's felt tricked/that he was pitched something different; and that he feels overwhelmed with the dislike for his take on the joker.......but the truth doesnt get clicks nor push narratives, so i understand why they worded the title the way they did....

I ain't even seen this movie yet, so I have no dog in this fight but you completely breezed over the fact that he shot enough Joker footage for an entire movie and they only used like 5 minutes.

That alone is ample reason to be upset.

Fred.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I'm still wondering what the scene involving this

OgBg2a5.jpg
looks like. The fact that the studio green light the production of this toy yet likely cut the scene involving it out of the movie is still really :mindblown: to me.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
you guys are just way off base with this. i don't care enough to keep going, but if you think the introduction of a major character having "helped kill this other major character" written on the screen isn't a bullshyt copout, i don't know what to tell you. it's so obviosuly a late edit. guarantee there were scenes cut that better set that up. i mean, it's all but guaranteed when you hear the shytty Joker had a ton of shyt taken out of this "movie." they fukked up.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
what's with the face, did you actually read what he said?...he said 'fukk them' in regards to them putting he couldnt rock climb in his contract lol....also, him being 'brutally honest' about the suicide squad film was that he hasnt seen the film and he's just going off what people have said in regards to his scenes/amount of time he's in the film; going off of that, he's felt tricked/that he was pitched something different; and that he feels overwhelmed with the dislike for his take on the joker.......but the truth doesnt get clicks nor push narratives, so i understand why they worded the title the way they did....
Lol dude stop