Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah you're right. that's on equal footing with the fact Boomerang likes unicorns. Remember in GoTG - a far superior movie - when they're in the lineup and shyt is written on the screen? This would be like them flashing Gamora was the daughter of Thanos in small letters, without one of the dude's saying it or it ever coming back into play.

that's a huge key element to a character's backstory... but why bother fleshing it out, comic readers already know tht! we have an entire shytty universe to let it play out in! Plus, we've already seen Robin's "hahahahaha" graffited costume, so we're good. It should just be assumed Harley - the chick we're setting up as a major character in our movies - was there. fukk Robin anyway, he's a p*ssy character, and Zack Snyder ain't got no time for such a p*ssy! We can just write it on the screen briefly.

i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say there was a short scene or soem dialogue that furthered on that but it hit the cutting room floor... like everything else that was good in the initial script apparently. I guarentee the original intention wasn't just to show that in writing. The Death of Robin is supposed to be a huge driving force for old Batman, and they even rumored it was going to be the storyline in his solo movie.

remember in Civil War when they just wrote "killed Tony Stark's parents" in barely legible letters on the screen when Winter Soldier popped up then never spoke about it again? good stuff.

you guys are copping pleas. shyt movies should be nitpicked. this is a shyt movie. WB is a problem.

post-37129-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-ciRL.gif

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ain't even seen this movie yet, so I have no dog in this fight but you completely breezed over the fact that he shot enough Joker footage for an entire movie and they only used like 5 minutes.

That alone is ample reason to be upset.

Fred.

i didnt breeze over it, i just stated what was in the article he linked....the title was misleading from what was actually in the article itself....

also, as for his complaints: i've seen them...how much he filmed, what he was pitched, etc. i have no idea...he, the director, and studio knows that....so i have to take his word for it...but i highly doubt they filmed enough for a full joker movie and only used 10 mins....also, until he actually sees the movie and critiques the film for what it is, he's only going off of hearsay, so you have to take what he says with a salt of grain....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Early on wasn't the death of Robin supposed to be a flashback in the movie?...:jbhmm:

no...they havent mentioned showing any footage of the actually killing on film yet...it's just been mentioned/hinted at in bvs and this, to show that the dceu existed before superman, that he just brought everything to the forefront, like in the comics.....

i think they should do a harley/joker movie and show them actually kill robin....that would tie into both bvs and ss....and could tie it into the batman solo if they base the movie around the red hood....

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
nah you're right. that's on equal footing with the fact Boomerang likes unicorns. Remember in GoTG - a far superior movie - when they're in the lineup and shyt is written on the screen? This would be like them flashing Gamora was the daughter of Thanos in small letters, without one of the dude's saying it or it ever coming back into play.

that's a huge key element to a character's backstory... but why bother fleshing it out, comic readers already know tht! we have an entire shytty universe to let it play out in! Plus, we've already seen Robin's "hahahahaha" graffited costume, so we're good. It should just be assumed Harley - the chick we're setting up as a major character in our movies - was there. fukk Robin anyway, he's a p*ssy character, and Zack Snyder ain't got no time for such a p*ssy! We can just write it on the screen briefly.

i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say there was a short scene or soem dialogue that furthered on that but it hit the cutting room floor... like everything else that was good in the initial script apparently. I guarentee the original intention wasn't just to show that in writing. The Death of Robin is supposed to be a huge driving force for old Batman, and they even rumored it was going to be the storyline in his solo movie.
Geek I ain't that focused on any thing from GOTG that I stopped reading yr post right there :camby:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I'm still wondering what the scene involving this

OgBg2a5.jpg
looks like. The fact that the studio green light the production of this toy yet likely cut the scene involving it out of the movie is still really :mindblown: to me.
I swear this movie was going to be GOAT status off the strength of seeing this toy and the movie not even being out yet