:banderas:
giphy.gif

That Deadshot mask is :wow:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I don't know if its already been addressed or not but about that cameo...
How did Flash have his suit already if Bruce didn't meet Barry yet? :dahell:
that's not the suit bruce gives him, the suit he has in the justice league montage/semi-trailer is the one he puts together on his own, which is the same one in this film. The one bats will give him i believe hasn't been shown yet...

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Managed to see Suicide Squad this past weekend. Overall, I really liked the movie. Some people aren't feeling the tone of the movie, but for me, it was pretty good.:obama: The Suicide Squad team chemistry was also nice! I'm going to wait for the director's cut to give a fair judgement to this as obviously A LOT of scenes were cut from this movie so I'm more than curious to see just how much was left out.

What I'm more curious about though is will Suicide Squad 2 have the same villains? Will there be new villains added to team or will the whole Suicide Squad be replaced? There is definitely a lot of great potential as long as Ayer able to do his thing.

Side Note: As much hate as Ayer is getting, can't really blame him if WB is constantly messing with his sh!t. Let that man cook!!:damn:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Which is crazy to me over the hypocrisy. Marvel got HORRIBLE narratives, are KNOWN got forgettable villains and is filled with mediocre throughout and they all get a pass. Even their WORST films get a pass by the general critics. Age of Ultron was a TOTAL mess and it wasn't bashed this harshly. Civil War's story narrative is weak AF but just because people loved Black Panther, Spidey's cameo and the airport battle everything else is overlooked. Thor movies are some of the WORST... but critics still fair them with positivity. I'm not saying Marvel should be reviewed more harshly but to say DC films should be reviewed EQUALLY. If Suicide Squad is similar to Guardians of the Galaxy which had a weak predictable story, a forgettable villain and one of the WORST and silliest conclusions, but have enjoyable characters, an amazing soundtrack, and people can just turn their brains off of logic and just be entertained. Then the same should be considered for this. I'm with Jeremy Johns and Campea on this....just be entertained over the fucckery and not try to make sense of the shyt. It's not trying to strive for Oscar gold anyway.

You forgot that this movie saved Will Smith career. But yeah, these Marvel stans can't comprehend the success of SS and only motivating the DC heads to support films and DVDs much more. Their hatred is pushing DC to succeed :pachaha:

Now if WW does high numbers with a decent reception, best believe that the quality of the films will go even higher (which are already very good) and the DCEU will beast through Marvel in the coming years.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Guardians of the Galaxy did everything this movie should have done. Movie should have slowed down and let the characters interact more.

Deadshot meeting Waller was probably the best scene in the movie. Had multiple layers, explained things about the characters without wordy exposition, set up their characters perfectly but subtly, and had actual tension

-Deadshot is a hired gun but he's no common thug that murders senselessly. He immediately sized up Waller as the boss and Flag as her lackey. Shows his moral compass and a willingness to defy Waller which is actually pretty rare.

-Waller is a manipulate, uncaring bytch. She saw a criminal ready to kill a guard and immediately turned the situation into a test of Deadshot's character. Immediately turned the guard into a pawn and didn't give two fukks about his life.

That scene put me in such high hopes and made me think that the directors cut of this will probably be really good.
Thats what happens when you overreact because BvS bombs with critics. :francis:

This movie had all the ingredients :ohlawd:

Low key I'd take that "Bar scene" over a lot of these comic book movies slowed down scene though. :to:

Needed about 2 more of those moments though. :snoop:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was dope reminded me of the animated series

Hell no.

HELL NO.

Mark Hammil's Jokee is a GOAT-tier Joker. You can look at his work on the Arkham games to realize that he's perfect mix of terrifying, unpredictable, and humorous.

Hell, his scene in ROTJ movie where he confronts Bats is GOAT.

Thats what happens when you overreact because BvS bombs with critics. :francis:

This movie had all the ingredients :ohlawd:

Low key I'd take that "Bar scene" over a lot of these comic book movies slowed down scene though. :to:

Needed about 2 more of those moments though. :snoop:

I agree. The movie had all the ingredients (Well, I don't think the action was all that great or stylish...) to be amazing. Great actors, great casting, and they didn't take advantage of it.

-Croc should have showcased his disdain for humanity and normal looking humans, his hatred from being forced out his preferred environment, and showed things like his sense of smell and ability to track.

-Boomerang is supposed to be an insufferable a$$hole. If they actually stuck with that moment where he ups and leaves, it would have been fukking perfect and it would have made the scene where he was thrown back into the cell even better. His teammates should have been constantly annoyed with him, telling him to shut up, etc.

-Katana didn't get to do shyt. She would have been perfect as the muscle that keeps the villains in line but they pretty much give her nothing to work with.

-I liked Diablo even though his willingness to call the squad his family was kinda rushed. I did like how it was foreshadowed that he was powered by a demon himself and you saw that he was actually very skilled with his ability.

Even the villain...Enchantress would have been perfect if you didn't know that she had anything to do with Waller until the very end and Waller had been pushing her presence as the reason why things like the Suicide Squad was needed. Then you find out that Waller created the Enchantress and used Flag's girlfriend as the host to force the government to give her what she wanted.

A couple of change in editing could have made the Enchantress work much better and be more interesting because it provides more insight to Waller and her character rather than just being a big bad.

Plus, it'd make more sense to why Waller chose a crazy girl with a bat, a guy who throws Boomerangs, and a guy who can climb things to fight an ancient God who we've seen causally teleporting across the world and shrugging off bullets and moving trains like a light breeze.

Ugh..this movie is so annoying because I really think there is a master piece in here.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Are you upset that ss shattered gotg's record so you have to relentlessly post articles to take away the attention from that?
good grief, it's not that deep. i post SS made more money in its opening weekend compare to GOTG do that mean i hate marvel....no. You acting like DC's toy soldier ..enforcer right now

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
SUICIDE SQUAD Writer On The Movie's Critical Reception: "If Every Superhero Film Is Not THE DARK KNIGHT, They'll bytch"

Critics didn't think much of Suicide Squad, but that's not an opinion shared by the creator of the '80s incarnation of the DC Comics supervillain team. John Ostrander published a piece for Comicmix, outlining his thoughts on the movie and offering his take on why there seems to be somewhat of a disconnect between general audiences and critics when it comes to the big tentpole releases.

"I really liked the film. Not perfect by a long shot, but a really good time in the movie theater. And for me a lot of it was just amazing. The look, the detail, the feel of the film is not something I’ve seen in superhero movies before.

Look, I get it – they [critics] have to see all the films out there and they must be tired of all the blockbusters. If every superhero film is not The Dark Knight, they’ll bytch. I think that’s going on here to a certain degree. Just as I came prepared to love the movie, they came prepared to hate it."

Though this is a belief held by many, even more would argue that the critics still give favourable reviews to many comic book flicks, so this theory doesn't really hold up. Then again, you could also argue that a lot of 'em do seem to nitpick certain elements in particular releases that they let slide in others.

SUICIDE SQUAD Writer On The Movie's Critical Reception: "If Every Superhero Film Is Not THE DARK KNIGHT, They'll bytch"