Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wonder Women isn't that popular of a super hero like Batman and Superman for them to get a great director and script to make the movie something for non comic book fans to want to see like they did with the Dark Knight trilogy. I doubt the trailer will get me hyped cause I don't care much for her or the Flash. I think the thread title should be Comic book fans only. I don't care for any of those movies. Peace out.

I disagree breh. How many kids watched justice league or still watch it? How many people are watching the Flash on CW right now that don't read comics? In order for these things to be a hit they have to appeal to more than just comic readers just like the movies have to. So there's a following you just gotta exploit it. My mom knew who wonder woman was man and she never picked up a single comic book in her life. That Lynda Carter tv show, much like the incredible hulk tv show, is still ingrained in a lot of minds and if not, there's Wonder Woman being on tv for 20 years in one form or another

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know ... but we dont need another origin... we just got it on the CW last week... dont need it again in 3 years...

They're betting on, and it's the right bet, that more people will watch the movie than the TV show and I doubt it'll be an "origin" in that sense of that word. It may be a straight forward thing since the JL movie comes before it

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I disagree breh. How many kids watched justice league or still watch it? How many people are watching the Flash on CW right now that don't read comics? In order for these things to be a hit they have to appeal to more than just comic readers just like the movies have to. So there's a following you just gotta exploit it. My mom knew who wonder woman was man and she never picked up a single comic book in her life. That Lynda Carter tv show, much like the incredible hulk tv show, is still ingrained in a lot of minds and if not, there's Wonder Woman being on tv for 20 years in one form or another
I just can't see Wonder Woman holding down a whole movie by herself. When I saw she'd be in the new Superman flick I was hyped, but a whole movie about her? I still remember that god awful Catwoman movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just can't see Wonder Woman holding down a whole movie by herself. When I saw she'd be in the new Superman flick I was hyped, but a whole movie about her? I still remember that god awful Catwoman movie.

She can. She's a stronger character than cat woman and even cat woman can..that problem, much like the problem with most movies, was in the script and director. Give Wonder Woman a dope director and a dope script (just like every movie needs) and you're good. Especially since the majority of the viewing audience is women. If you can find a female character, a strong female character, and make her resonate with them? You're printing money. Women are 51% of the population breh and they spend more money than we do and it's already been shown that when you put women on screen in something good like Bridesmaids, everyone comes out to see it. A wonder woman movie will attract women my mom's age who remember the show, the comic book heads, the heads who grew up watching JL on cartoon network and the people who still watch the dope DC animated flicks..but it will also get the women who are tired of seeing men in tights and want to see a woman not be the damsel in distress

oh and breh, she will attract top tier talent. C'mon now. Joss Whedon was trying to do a Wonder Woman movie years ago and it fell through because Warners didn't have their ducks in a row. Obviously he wouldn't be the guy to do it now but as a character she can attract that level of talent

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
She can. She's a stronger character than cat woman and even cat woman can..that problem, much like the problem with most movies, was in the script and director. Give Wonder Woman a dope director and a dope script (just like every movie needs) and you're good. Especially since the majority of the viewing audience is women. If you can find a female character, a strong female character, and make her resonate with them? You're printing money. Women are 51% of the population breh and they spend more money than we do and it's already been shown that when you put women on screen in something good like Bridesmaids, everyone comes out to see it. A wonder woman movie will attract women my mom's age who remember the show, the comic book heads, the heads who grew up watching JL on cartoon network and the people who still watch the dope DC animated flicks..but it will also get the women who are tired of seeing men in tights and want to see a woman not be the damsel in distress
I can't agree with you breh. Catwoman was hyped and starred one of the leading actresses of that time and still flopped. Elektra with with Jennifer Garner flopped as well. Same with other female leading movies like Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet. Bridesmaids is a comedy with a bunch of funny women and a great director, so you can't compare. Woman don't really care much to see comic book movies. That's a fact. The women going to see these DC Marvel movies are probably mothers taking their kids. Just cause Wonder Woman is coming out doesn't ensure that things will change and women will flood to the theatres to see an old ass name like Wonder Women be rebooted. And didn't they have a pilot for a wonder woman show that got cancelled cause it sucked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(2011_TV_pilot)

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can't agree with you breh. Catwoman was hyped and starred one of the leading actresses of that time and still flopped. Elektra with with Jennifer Garner flopped as well. Same with other female leading movies like Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet. Bridesmaids is a comedy with a bunch of funny women and a great director, so you can't compare. Woman don't really care much to see comic book movies. That's a fact. The women going to see these DC Marvel movies are probably mothers taking their kids. Just cause Wonder Woman is coming out doesn't ensure that things will change and women will flood to the theatres to see an old ass name like Wonder Women be rebooted. And didn't they have a pilot for a wonder woman show that got cancelled because of low interest and expectations

No it got cancelled cause the network said it was bad and most of the reviews said it was bad and it was too expensive for the network to invest in something that they knew was bad.

And what women you know breh because all of my female friends love going to see these shyts, and they aren't comic fans by a longshot. But they can tell you all these characters based on movies alone. Even my best friends wife was getting her girls together to go see Iron Man 3 when it dropped for a girls night out. Shyt has changed man. In order for these movies to make as much money as they do it can't just be women who are going because their boyfriends are dragging them or their kids are dragging them. I know women who are genuinely excited to go see these movies

Elektra looked like a bad flick much like Catwoman did. And bad word of mouth killed them. You need something good to entice people to spend that money they aren't going to spend it on something that is getting panned when there are other ways to spend that money. Catwoman may have been hyped but the word of mouth came out before it dropped and that hype disappeared after the first week.

The only reason I'm using Bridesmaids as a comparison is because it's a female led movie so female led movies can score they just need to be good. We may have to agree to disagree on this one but I truly feel that all audiences, male and female, will come out to see a Wonder woman movie based on name value and quality of the flick. There's a reason she's been a part of pop culture for going on 60 years breh.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suicide Squad could be dope if the shoot for a R-rating, but I would rather see premium cable/streaming mini-series

Wonder Woman has me interested if it's anything like Brian Azzarello's run

Aquaman, The Flash, Shazam, Green Lantern would be suitable for TV

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
No it got cancelled cause the network said it was bad and most of the reviews said it was bad and it was too expensive for the network to invest in something that they knew was bad.

And what women you know breh because all of my female friends love going to see these shyts, and they aren't comic fans by a longshot. But they can tell you all these characters based on movies alone. Even my best friends wife was getting her girls together to go see Iron Man 3 when it dropped for a girls night out. Shyt has changed man. In order for these movies to make as much money as they do it can't just be women who are going because their boyfriends are dragging them or their kids are dragging them. I know women who are genuinely excited to go see these movies

Elektra looked like a bad flick much like Catwoman did. And bad word of mouth killed them. You need something good to entice people to spend that money they aren't going to spend it on something that is getting panned when there are other ways to spend that money. Catwoman may have been hyped but the word of mouth came out before it dropped and that hype disappeared after the first week.

The only reason I'm using Bridesmaids as a comparison is because it's a female led movie so female led movies can score they just need to be good. We may have to agree to disagree on this one but I truly feel that all audiences, male and female, will come out to see a Wonder woman movie based on name value and quality of the flick. There's a reason she's been a part of pop culture for going on 60 years breh.
We'll see breh, if they get a good director and give it a good budget then it could be a good movie. Hopefully they do it right. If it flops, it may be a while before we see another female leading super hero movie again.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Uncle_Ruckus And I'm not going to front like they don't have an uphill battle when it comes to Aquaman because while I recognize that's their character and they gotta use what they have, I'm not too interested in him so I need to be enticed but I used to feel the same way about a lot of DC characters until that JL cartoon rocked my world. I just think that with Wonder Woman, there are enough comic readers who are already on board and the general public will be on board if it's good and gets good word of mouth like anything. And if it works, it'll be a big deal because studios are always getting asked why don't they make a female driven comic book movie after it's been shown that women can open movies and make hit movies. Studios are very silly and simple-minded when it comes to these things so a hit Wonder Woman movie is going to give us a Black Widow movie and open the door for a lot more different stuff. Shyt maybe we can finally get a black panther movie

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We'll see breh, if they get a good director and give it a good budget then it good be a good movie. Hopefully they do it right. If it flops, it may be a while before we see another female leading super hero movie again.

They're going to put big money behind it man they're hedging a lot of bets on all of these flicks, not just the Wonder Woman one. A lot is riding on Batman Superman though so we'll see how that works first and then let the rest play out