Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
From the little we see the joker is a dime a dozen thug now :francis:. His laugh even seems forced. He seems less mental and more actor

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That is what this movie is, a fun prototypical summer action movie. I don't know when people got to this point with movies where it needed to be perfect in order to be considered good. If I am entertained then it is a good movie...I don'texpect 2001 A Space Odyssey every time a comic book movie is released.
I feel like if you go in thinking " i just want to be entertained" you will be, Cause while the movie is never "great" for any long stretch of time, up until the final 20-25 minutes where it goes off the rails, it's entertaining and i was having a good time mostly.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That is what this movie is, a fun prototypical summer action movie. I don't know when people got to this point with movies where it needed to be perfect in order to be considered good. If I am entertained then it is a good movie...I don'texpect 2001 A Space Odyssey every time a comic book movie is released.
Its ironic that the 1st official trailer was both the best thing and worst thing to happen to this movie.
No doubt them trailers and new promotion is why this movie is getting 140 mill.

WB was like "the movie aint that fun" :lupe:

Altered Ayer's vision because the popularity of a trailer. :snoop:

Should have just kept putting out trailers similar to the comic con one. It looked like a psychological/old school summer action flick. :manny:

They tried to make everybody happy with the switch up and promotion. :yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I thought I heard her slipping In and Out of her Accent. Yeah, probably too early to ask but I needed to see more of this Joker. I just didn't like the little bit that I did. He didn't seem like he was so much Out Of His Mind or even all that Smart, he seemed more materialistic of all.
I thought the going in and out of the accent was on purpose...one second she is playing up the ditzy/crazy Harley persona and then the next she'd be more Dr. Quinzell.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
nah imma see star trek with my girl instead :yeshrug:
After you see it go into the Star Trek Beyond thread and share your review. There seemed to be a consensus of what was right and wrong with this flick. Curious to see if you feel the same way most of us in the thread did.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I thought the going in and out of the accent was on purpose...one second she is playing up the ditzy/crazy Harley persona and then the next she'd be more Dr. Quinzell.
one minute she sounded normal, then next she sounded like Lorna from Orange is the New Black. If that was on purpose then more credit to her, but it was sorta distracting.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I feel like if you go in thinking " i just want to be entertained" you will be, Cause while the movie is never "great" for any long stretch of time, up until the final 20-25 minutes where it goes off the rails, it's entertaining and i was having a good time mostly.
I honestly can say that I could count the comic book movies I thought were truly great on one hand and have at least 2 fingers left over.
The majority of them are just good. And for me a good comic book movie is perfectly fine.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Its ironic that the 1st official trailer was both the best thing and worst thing to happen to this movie.
No doubt them trailers and new promotion is why this movie is getting 140 mill.

WB was like "the movie aint that fun" :lupe:

Altered Ayer's vision because the popularity of a trailer. :snoop:

Should have just kept putting out trailers similar to the comic con one. It looked like a psychological/old school summer action flick. :manny:

They tried to make everybody happy with the switch up and promotion. :yeshrug:
I think releasing this as somber and serious like BvS would have been a mistake, there just isn't much there to begin with. It's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone.