Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saw it tonight and I liked it.

The Good:
Enjoyed all of the performances and even the overly grunge aesthetic that Ayer went with. Especially liked the transformation effects and the overall look of the Enchantress
The JL member cameos were fun.
Viola Davis was awesome and captured the spirit of Amanda Waller perfectly.
The mid-credits scene was cool.
Liked Margot Robbie's Harley.
Leto's Joker I am not sure about. Didn't hate it but I think I want to see him as the villain in a Batman movie to see what he would do because the Joker as crazy crime lord angle is intriguing.

The Bad:
Some of the dialog was really clunky.
The movie could have stood to chop off 30 minutes just to tighten it up.
It felt like they cut way too many of Captain Boomerang's scenes because I was expecting him to be featured more.
The villain(s) were lame and their plan was basically the plan of every villain from every Ghostbusters movie.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In...couple of weirdos in this theater dressed up on some cosplay shyt..but whatever..got my Nathan hot dogs and ready for the third movie in the DCEU to thrill me :dame:
The theater I was in had a lot of cosplay. Mostly white girls in Harley Quinn costumes and a good number of dudes dressed like The Joker.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yall smelt that herb?!
NYC we the livest!!
Eatin ox tails in the flix!!

Anyway...

shyt was aight!

Need more Deadshot!
I fukks with Deadshot!

I fukks with Fire homie!

Liked Mr.J!

Goofy ass story that was "kinda"like 87' squad. IN MY OPINION!
My girl wanted more Katana
Eh:yeshrug:

Not that bad truthfully

It was a fun flik.

7.5/10

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
It was an overall fun movie. There were some pacing issues. Nothing new. Most movies got them.

Harley was great.
I want to see more of Leto as Joker.
Enchantress was cool looking.

Villain plot was kinda stupid but it was just cool to see all these people put on the big screen.

Superstar
Daps
This movie was not very good IMO, coming from probably the biggest fan of BvS on this board

I can't list all the things that were bad about this movie because I'd need to go over every scene and have the movie with me but the standout issues:

- Bad decisions:

Lord did this movie try so hard to be cool and edgy :snoop: Infinite music cuts from Eminem to Kanye to Bohemian Rhapsody to Seven Nation Army to other cliche "cool" movie songs that didn't let the scenes breathe and felt like overkill. Unnecessary and unasked for cursing. Quips every other second and largely misplaced or badly timed ones at that. This movie reminds me of the corny kid in high school who tries so hard to be down and might get it right occasionally but overall is just cringy and annoying and superfluously extra with it. I get what the critics were saying when they talked about how this was a struggle GOTG. IMO, this was like a struggle GOTG meets a struggle heist film.

Pretty much every second of Joker in the movie was shown in the trailers. I will say I did enjoy Joker and the rendering of his character in this movie, he's like a crazy underlord crime boss and that idea's got potential, but his punch in the movie was ruined by the fact that I saw everything in the trailers

The ending is almost a complete ripoff of GOTG. When Deadshot is about to shoot the bomb or whatever and his daughter appears in front of him is the same thing with Peter reaching for Gamora's hand and his mom appearing. Both characters are getting over something they were afraid to do before, except GOTG arrived at it much better.

So much of the movie was predictable as fukk

- Big problems:

Really not a whole lot of the plot and plot points made sense. Again, for the small stuff I'd need to watch the movie side by side and describe them, but often times the movie will leave you like "huh?", "but why didn't....", "but why did...", "um ok....", "so did he/she?....". Everything was so unorganized and messy.

A huge problem was that they tried to make you care about these characters but their provided backstories were so mishandled and their development in the movie was stifled by the fact that most of them were very thinly or poorly written into the movie. Characters and their plotlines were just tacked on. Emotional notes were missed or overemphasized. For example, Katana appears out of nowhere, its not explained why she's different from the group and wasn't talked about in the folders or why she's got "Rick Flag's back". Then they try to make you give a shyt about her dead husband backstory and they throw in this emotional scene of her crying her shyt out about it and trying to paint her as a tortured soul but there's just absolutely nothing there to back it:upsetfavre:El Diablo just starts spilling about his life in the middle of the fukking movie when introductions were already long out of the way, and his backstory is such a big eyeroller. They try to make him a pacifist at the beginning and could have did something with that but failed to capitalize. Killer Croc, who's prob got one of the better canon backstories and motivations in terms of emotional appeal, isn't delved into at all. Then towards the end, they try to make it seem like the squad is a family that cares for each other like give me a fukking break, you didn't build on that at all, every character in the movie had selfish and personal motivations up until the very end.

By the way, wow was El Diablo corny as fukk and so poorly done, that scene where he spells "Bye" in the air with fire, I started sweating because of how laughable that was. Couldn't buy into the character at all especially since they tried to give to him emotional depth but fell short of hitting the right notes. They also throw in some unnecessary racist shyt for no reason :what: Captain Boomerang was shyt as well, just unforgivable garbage who was comedy comedy comedy in a movie that was already jammed up the booty pipes with comedy.

I can't think of any more big issues I had with the movie right now but those were just a couple standout ones

- Some shining positives:

Deadshot was fantastic and I really hope we get to see more of him in this universe (that part where he mows down the Enchantress army :whew:), Harley was good but could have been amazing if her lines were written better (she also slips in and out of the Harley NY accent at times), Joker is great, Amanda Waller was incredible.

I did laugh a couple times and some of the jokes were pretty good

Cinematography was excellent at some points. Deadshot flashbacks were A-1

Costume design. Deadshot looks incredible, Harley's look is great and her TAS outfit is in a flashback scene as well

Flash cameo

Mid-credits scene. Affleck and Davis controlled that shyt

This movie had so much potential and inside of it there is a good movie that can be made if you re-arrange, re-write, re-direct, re-edit, and add some stuff. But the product they put out just wasn't good or appealing or even fun.

4/10. I think if I re-watch it I might like it more because I'm a fan of this genre before anything but off first viewing I just wasn't feeling this

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
It was an overall fun movie. There were some pacing issues. Nothing new. Most movies got them.

Harley was great.
I want to see more of Leto as Joker.
Enchantress was cool looking.

Villain plot was kinda stupid but it was just cool to see all these people put on the big screen.
Yeah i gotta see more Joker

I was feeling Joker in this shyt!

That new wave Romero vibe was dope as fukk to me