Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
"But this is the big problem with the movie - it’s a shambling mess whose script clearly never cohered, and whose reshoots only muddied the waters further. The structure is bad, the pacing is off and the stakes are often obfuscated. The entire second act is the Squad on a rescue mission, but it’s not clear who they’re rescuing, and when it’s revealed your reaction is just, “Oh, okay. I guess.” David Ayer makes a game attempt to bring his aesthetic to the material (besides directing he’s the sole credited writer), but either he’s half-assing it or he was getting pushback from above, because the whole film feels compromised from beginning to end. Warner Bros crows that their DC movies are filmmaker-driven, but Suicide Squad feels like the casualty of death by a zillion notes, many of which were "Make it more like a Marvel movie."

Thats from Devin Farcai

so.....
Of course it's from devin.

The same guy who started the rumours that suicide squad had extensive reshoots (which was bullshyt he made up) is now saying in his review that the "reshoots muddied the waters" :mjlol:

He's talking out of his ass as usual.

That dude is a fan boy through and through and his word means nothing.

Why anybody continues to post his nonsense his beyond me.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
dont see why critics are so vested in seeing the DCEU fail so bad... say what you want dont think ive seen a Marvel thread where DC fans have prayed for it to flop

EVERY damn DC threads these clowns praying and praying everything fails... thats that over privileged all lives matter thinking smh..
Maybe it's just a shytty movie. Take off the tin foil hats. I like DC characters more than Marvels but the movie probably sucks. It's looked shytty from the jump

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's just wild.... like I said, DC cannot win for nothing. You got a decent director, several Oscar winning or nominated actors, gave them the so-called "fun" these critics been asking for, filled it up with action, and made it a point of being a summer popcorn flick that's not supposed to be taken serious....yet it gets bashed for the very things they asked for in the 1st place.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Of course it's from devin.

The same guy who started the rumours that suicide squad had extensive reshoots (which was bullshyt he made up) is now saying in his review that the "reshoots muddied the waters" :mjlol:

He's talking out of his ass as usual.

That dude is a fan boy through and through and his word means nothing.

Why anybody continues to post his nonsense his beyond me.
He was saying he liked the idea of the reshooting because according to him, they were to humor.

If we find out that this movie was supposed to be dark and it turned out goofy :francis:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He also did Harsh Times, Street Kings and Sabotage so let's not act like he can't make a bad movie either.

But those weren't terrible movies either... and I will include Sabotage because that film was unfairly bashed. (See the films that are like by hated by critics thread)

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So NOW Ayers... who wrote Training Day... Ayers that directed Fury and End of Watch is suddenly NOT a good director and incapable to make good movies?

He's a good director that usually makes movies that use a darker tone than what's probably needed out of a story like Suicide Squad.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody is paying anyone to hate these films, DC/WB are just not putting out quality films in this genre

anytime you have a director in Zack Snyder who floats an idea out there about having Batman raped in prison, you know you handed the keys to the wrong person

But this isn't Snyder.....

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's just wild.... like I said, DC cannot win for nothing. You got a decent director, several Oscar winning or nominated actors, gave them the so-called "fun" these critics been asking for, filled it up with action, and made it a point of being a summer popcorn flick that's not supposed to be taken serious....yet it gets bashed for the very things they asked for in the 1st place.
All that matters is how the audience responds.

:manny:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But those weren't terrible movies either... and I will include Sabotage because that film was unfairly bashed. (See the films that are like by hated by critics thread)
Yeah well, I didn't see that one but I saw Street Kings and Harsh Times and while I personally wouldn't call them 'terrible/bad' either they were very typical/forgettable movies. I kind of put Fury in the same category just with better acting, not terrible just forgettable.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
taking the hottopic edgy film route brehs

cduyph65hg7pjlaripjq.gif

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
No they can win. The people want Batman so give them fukking batman. No one forced them to do a shared universe.

Remember they wanted to create this universe after Nolan trilogy but he said no.

They should have kept the same idea off a Batfleck trilogy.