Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
So just out of curiosity does anyone just not give a shyt about what a critic says?
I really don't. It could be because my taste is low brow and I can admit that, or I accept a lot of these movies for what they are and not what I want them to be , but 5 out of 10 times a critic shyt on a movie me and the people I'm cool with end up liking it.:manny:
Yes it helps when critics give a boost to shyt you like I won't ever deny this but at the end of the day it's your experience watching the movie that ultimately matters.:ehh:
What I won't do however is waste energy on the shyt I don't like :pachaha:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
NOAP not at all

BvS is still my fav cmb of the year until SS or Strange..

critics having this much power in the film industry is bullshyt especially when in the cmb industry its a bunch of fanboys and not real critics

Well that's the thing isn't it? We start cherry picking the ones who agree with us and dissing the ones who don't. Like there are "notable" critics who review comic book flicks well and those who don't. That's life. But I just asked because this whole thread has turned into cats shaking in their boots but it's a whole forum who claims we don't care about this kinda thing.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yo @MartyMcFly In fact back in the day, a running thing with me used to be to go see a movie whenever critics shytted on it because I knew I was going to like it. Ex: Most black movies that come out especially back in the days
Life: 50% rotten
Harlem Nights: 12% rotten

Harlem nights got shytted on for different reasons all together but I hear you.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well that's the thing isn't it? We start cherry picking the ones who agree with us and dissing the ones who don't. Like there are "notable" critics who review comic book flicks well and those who don't. That's life. But I just asked because this whole thread has turned into cats shaking in their boots but it's a whole forum who claims we don't care about this kinda thing.
Ok but if someone likes the DC films and wants to see more but now knowing that the critics aren't feeling their movies you can get worried . Critics seemed to take Snyder and b vs s personally . They nitpicked the movie and a lot of reviews were just critics saying they didn't like a dark superhero movie . It definitely looks shady

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ok but if someone likes the DC films and wants to see more but now knowing that the critics aren't feeling their movies you can get worried . Critics seemed to take Snyder and b vs s personally . They nitpicked the movie and a lot of reviews were just critics saying they didn't like a dark superhero movie . It definitely looks shady

I'm not talking about this shyt in particular I'm talking in general. We front like we don't care when obviously we do.

Snyders movies normally don't do well critically so no one should be surprised when one of them don't. The things critics respond to or at least a majority respond to aren't things he does so to a group of film school students his movies will never be what they want or expect. He has his strengths and weaknesses just like any director and he's just not a critical darling. Doesn't mean they're right it's just how they feel. I love 300 and watchmen and like man of steel and batman v superman even tho I have issues with both movies. But I get why they don't work for some people.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I think everyone should be cautious about glowing early reviews for this film. Dawn of Justice got a bunch of glowing reviews from people before the embargo was lifted but ended up getting shytted on by critics. A lot of people who get these early screenings are probably just super excited to get to see the movie weeks/months in advance. Regardless of the critics I'm seeing the movie. Just bought a ticket for Thursday evening :ahh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Deja vu.....

giphy.gif

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

i get what you mean..