Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah I thought about that but for all we know, Idris' contract could be up soon. But screw it, find another black actor. Make a new star

personally, I think shemaerMoore could play the white panther.
or, whatever the other panther's name is.

Art Barr

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yeah last month Idris basically said "fukk you Marvel"

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/11/idris-elba-is-sick-of-marvel-films-and-wants-out/

I don't think he likes movies where he has to deal with special effects. Same shyt happened during Pacific Rim shoots and that was a WB movie. WB can probably get him for Jon but breh will probably start complaining down the road since his character deals with mostly special effects. Breh is getting old though, dude is almost 50

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah last month Idris basically said "fukk you Marvel"

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/11/idris-elba-is-sick-of-marvel-films-and-wants-out/

I don't think he likes movies where he has to deal with special effects. Same shyt happened during Pacific Rim shoots and that was a WB movie. WB can probably get him for Jon but breh will probably start complaining down the road since his character deals with mostly special effects. Breh is getting old though, dude is almost 50

Didn't know about this... only just skimmed through it but the author there seems a lil.. biased? lol in his interpretation.

this was the full quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/11195704/Idris-Elba-interview-Marvel-movies-are-torture.html

Did it take him a while to shake off Mandela?

“Mmm. Yeah. I mean, I didn’t quite shake it off.” It seems he didn’t have the chance. “It was really weird,” he begins. “I’d just done eight months in South Africa. I came to England and the day I came back I had to do reshoots on Thor 2.” He raises an eyebrow. “And in the actual scene my hair was different, my…” He stops and gives an exasperated sigh. “I was like, ‘This is torture, man. I don’t want to do this.’ My agent said: ‘You have to, it’s part of the deal.’ ”

In the scene in question in the superhero movie, “I’m actually falling down from a spaceship, so they had to put me in harness in this green-screen studio. And in between takes I was stuck there, fake hair stuck on to my head with glue, this f------ helmet, while they reset. And I’m thinking: ‘24 hours ago, I was Mandela’. When I walked into the set the extras called me Madiba. I was literally walking in this man’s boots. [Within] six months, the crew, we were all so in love with this film we had made. I was him. I was Mandela, practically,” he insists.

So Mi Mandela seems to be Elba’s attempt to both further honour a hero and icon whom he rightly worships, and to atone for the big-pay-packet commercial work he undertakes. As he says at one point, his approach to choosing films is “two for them, one for you”. For every two movies he makes to increase his profile and/or bank balance, he undertakes one that is more personal, more meaningful. Into the latter category falls Beasts of No Nation

Here it sounds like he was just tired from the short turn around time and different demands of the films. I guess still complaining in a sense but it doesn't sound like he straight up has beef with them imo.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I'll probably end up seeing this. not sure on will as Deathstroke though. Or hell jai courtney as anything.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
No I'm thinking of Black Manta

New_Suicide_Squad_Vol_1_3_Variant.jpg

He's a part of the Suicide Squad now

:why: Why?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ideally sure.. but i don't trust WB to do that. If -insert big name black actor- doesn't come with them wanting that role, they gon just cast GL as white and give us Cyborg as the token black dude who just does monitor duty and has the 'respect' of everyone. Would love to be wrong here, of course.
Jamie Foxx is the only hope we have to save us from another Hal Jordan Green Lantern movie.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Jamie Foxx is the only hope we have to save us from another Hal Jordan Green Lantern movie.
you know, you're right. I completely forgot about Jamie.

Denzel, Will, Idris, Boseman, and Jamie. Unfortunately, Denzel doesn't do this type of shyt. Will is crossed off. Idris is crossed off. Boseman is crossed off. shyt, Idris signing up to play that garbage viking is the biggest travesty.

I'd like to think Chiwetel is on the rise as an established star but he may not have the 'look' for it like the others.

Either way, it should be obvious now that something is going on behind the scenes at WB/DC regarding GL. Every other major character has been name dropped but they've been avoiding this one.