Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Still:scust: at the Gawd Will, a bigger star than Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot COMBINED being cast as a C-List character in Black face than headlining one of the numerous BLACK Superheroes that DC has. It's just a missed opportunity...

Will has the potential to bring a C list character into the A list. :comeon:

It just depends on how they do his character in the film.

Besides, there's no A list black heroes in DC that the general public knows.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Rather see will do this than green lantern to be real

Eh Im just not to hyped on either the film nor the character he'll be playing to be honest. Though the casting is definitely powerhouse so that lets me know whatever script their working on can't be half assed I just see it as MASSIVE waste of Will's star power and talent to bring himself down to ensemble fair when he could be headlining his own franchise against the likes of Ben Affleck and Cavill.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Eh Im just not to hyped on either the film nor the character he'll be playing to be honest. Though the casting is definitely powerhouse so that lets me know whatever script their working on can't be half assed I just see it as MASSIVE waste of Will's star power and talent to bring himself down to ensemble fair when he could be headlining his own franchise against the likes of Ben Affleck and Cavill.

Breh we've had this discussion before. Will needs a hit. He needs a hit like a crackhead needs a hit. why not use his star power to launch a franchise and a character while at the same time giving him a hit and doing something different than he normally does? Makes sense to me. And who's to say Deadshot won't get his own movie?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ask the casual person if they know him. :comeon:

Hal Jordan is the most recognized GL. :usure:

Nah I think John is now because there's a whole generation of kids who grew up with him on tv as green lantern. Neal Adams had that exact discussion with Kevin smith and said dc messed up by going with Hal Jordan for the first movie due to the fact that so many people who grew up watching justice league know John is the green lantern and more people watch that cartoon than read comics