Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I know it doesn't matter now, but I don't think he was.
2ArkhamGroup.jpg

Batman-Assault-on-Arkham-Warner-Bros-Animation.jpg

Were you thinking of Black Spider?

in the first picture you posted, you don't think deadshot is black.
deadshot was a black guy in assault on arkham.
the same way lex luthor was black in the superman animated that had the same style as batman.

art barr

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
Don't know much about Suicide squad but the animated movie was dope. Leto as Joker seems like a good choice and I'm hoping for a more animated Joker this time around

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Still:scust: at the Gawd Will, a bigger star than Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot COMBINED being cast as a C-List character in Black face than headlining one of the numerous BLACK Superheroes that DC has. It's just a missed opportunity...

we had a good discussion about how the media crapped on after earth.
when, it is a well written sci fi movie.
ae just has a lack of execution.
that drops it into the two star realm, and not a bit higher.

yet, and still...
will typically does not pick high quality roles to star in action film wise outside of mib.
[plus, mib is darkhorses baby, and they are going to make those as good as possible, regardless]
he is just a high box office draw and will needs high quality action films to his resume.
as generally if it is not a black period piece about black historic figure.
will usually is in a really bad movie.
or, it is so out of the ordinary with some crazy plot twist.
his general fanbase and critics rush to shyt on it, like that seven whatever movie that was excellent.
yet, it was kinda offbrand.

art barr

* went to sleep on wack as independence day on the midnight release,..
woke up from the thx like audio explosion of the white house and went back to sleep.
that is how huff independence day is, and most of will's action blockbusters are.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
in the first picture you posted, you don't think deadshot is black.
deadshot was a black guy in assault on arkham.
the same way lex luthor was black in the superman animated that had the same style as batman.

art barr
hqdefault.jpg

:dahell:I don't know many black dudes with caesars.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Why did they cast Will Smith as Deadshot? There's actually a Black character already in the Suicide Squad (Black Manta), there was really no need for this. Why is the Joker in this movie? He's never been a member of the Suicide Squad.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Why did they cast Will Smith as Deadshot? There's actually a Black character already in the Suicide Squad (Black Manta), there was really no need for this. Why is the Joker in this movie? He's never been a member of the Suicide Squad.

You're thinking of Black Spider. Black Manta is Aquaman's nemesis.

180px-Blackmantaunmasked.PNG

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
As much as im glad that Will is in this. This just confirms the little hype we had about Bad Boys 3 this year is over with. We never getting that movie brehs. Martin is in his rocking chair right now like :mjcry:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Idris is the obvious choice and possibly the too easy choice.
this marty mc fly post is the only real answer.

art barr

I guess I should've rephrased it as realistic choice.

I was one of the ones championing both Idris and Chadwick back when there was that John Stewart thread a year or so ago... but I figure with those Marvel contracts neither would be available now.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I guess I should've rephrased it as realistic choice.

I was one of the ones championing both Idris and Chadwick back when there was that John Stewart thread a year or so ago... but I figure with those Marvel contracts neither would be available now.

Yeah I thought about that but for all we know, Idris' contract could be up soon. But screw it, find another black actor. Make a new star

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah I thought about that but for all we know, Idris' contract could be up soon. But screw it, find another black actor. Make a new star
Ideally sure.. but i don't trust WB to do that. If -insert big name black actor- doesn't come with them wanting that role, they gon just cast GL as white and give us Cyborg as the token black dude who just does monitor duty and has the 'respect' of everyone. Would love to be wrong here, of course.