Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't think it's that big a deal tbh but I can see why fans hate it

if someone hates it, it's because they believe that ayer is recreating these characters in his own image inventing layers of personality that betrays their vision of the character.

we shall see how it turns out. maybe this joker will be awesome. :manny:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
A review from one of the mods at the Box Office Forums (NO SPOILERS)

THIS IS MY OWN OPINION

Liked it. My first reaction upon leaving the screening? Well, that was a blast.

In context with the DC "universe", obviously it takes place after BvS. Few references to Superman and easter eggs of course.

How was everyone?

Character wise these are the standouts to me: My favorites have to be Joker and Croc. Quinn was great as I expected. Boomerang, Katana, Diablo I liked in their respective personas. Deadshot didn't make a huge impression on me honestly (he had some really cheesy lines though LOL). Chemistry wise the Squad is very very solid, though there was this one "relationship" in the movie was about as convincing as a brick wall and a car making love. Did not work lol. Costumes were cool all around.

Leto pulls off his Joker fantastically. Maybe too well. He's insanely scary sometimes. Robbie HELL YES PERFECT. Will Smith as Will Smith says hi. Even Courtney managed to work out. Davis makes Waller.

The movie had a sort of a serious gritty tone but there's humor as well. Pacing was nice, movie felt like it flew by to me. Maybe a little too quickly. Action was done well. No stupid shake-cameras-till-your-head-hurts moments. The music was a nice mixture of familiar songs (trailer music is in for example) and of course the movie soundtrack itself. Though besides one or two pieces the main score didn't really stand out to me which is a shame because really liked Price's previous work.

Compared with marketing? Joker is being overpromoted compared with his respective screentime in the movie. And the film is not as wacky as one would assume from the marketing. Batman shouldn't even be in any trailer honestly since he wasn't exactly a main character but he definitely had his moments . The CGI got changed quite a bit from a few trailer scenes (like the chopper). And much of it was improved as well obviously.

A friend of mine said he liked it as well. Though this guy isn't a comic book movie fan, so I refrained from hassling him about the various aspects of the film. The screening was about half full.

If you're expecting an oscar winning movie go somewhere else. If you're expecting a fairly straight forward competent action comic book movie with a gritty tone and some cool characters, sure this movie might work for you. If you're expecting a carbon copy of say a typical MCU film, yeah this isn't it either. I give props to Ayer.

Really liked it and looking forward to seeing it again. Maybe as a comparison: TDK > SS. BVS < SS. MOS < SS. Not sure if I should give it a rating. Might change expectations.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i agree in theory, and i will try and reserve judgement until after i see the movie...

but he does have the word "damaged" tattooed on his forehead. :francis:
Its a different visual aesthetic but the most important part to me is whether this Joker has the spirit of the character at his core. If Leto delivers that then I am all good.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
The Squad is about to break records :gladbron:

Box Office: 'Suicide Squad' Tracking for Enormous $125M U.S. Debut

Tracking $125M 3 weeks out and climbing :wow: it was originally projected to do around 90M OW

it should be able to clear 500milli+ WW then :lawd:

if someone hates it, it's because they believe that ayer is recreating these characters in his own image inventing layers of personality that betrays their vision of the character.

we shall see how it turns out. maybe this joker will be awesome. :manny:

we get it.. YOU DONT LIKE DC, NO need to always be in here with your negativity jhezus

Last edited:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps

First track from score leaked

Sound like something from Batman/Batman returns

Edit: Not letting me embed for some reason