Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I knew there was no shot of it being rated R even though I hoped for it.
They can still go pretty far with the violence because dismemberment and murder are always treated as more family friendly than boobs.

yo, I remember watching Terminator 3 on AMC and they blurred out the female machine's ass but then showed her kill like 10 people 2 seconds later. America fukk yeah! We are so repressed.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a TERRIBLE idea. Haven't people/producers learned from the LAST EXPENDABLES film? Haven't they learned from Max Mad Fury Road and Straight Outta Compton which DOMINATED the August box office this past year and which Suicide Squad is scheduled next year? YOU DO NOT ALIENATE the core and cusp of feature! This is precisely what the producers were so INSISTENT in promising to THEIR FANS that the new Deadpool will be R-Rated. THE RATING IS THE SELLING POINT!

Many producers in Hollywood have forgotten that, they assume by just pitting it to PG-13 automatically equals to a massive box office success. That is a MYTH. It is about your INITIAL target audience. A film like the Avengers can BE PG-13 because it has some adult situations but STILL family friendly. And people going in there already assume that's what it'll be. But films like Expendables (which the last film flopped horribly with that PG-13 assumption and ruined the whole vibe of the film), Deadpool and Suicide Squad SELLS itself by promising it is for MATURE AUDIENCES, because that's what they are known for and that's the CORE of their fanbase. Making it a softer film WILL turn them off which many I seen online already are doing. And the rest of the massive would not CARE. This is a bad and short-sighted decision.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This is a TERRIBLE idea. Haven't people/producers learned from the LAST EXPENDABLES film? Haven't they learned from Max Mad Fury Road and Straight Outta Compton which DOMINATED the August box office this past year and which Suicide Squad is scheduled next year? YOU DO NOT ALIENATE the core and cusp of feature! This is precisely what the producers were so INSISTENT in promising to THEIR FANS that the new Deadpool will be R-Rated. THE RATING IS THE SELLING POINT!

Many producers in Hollywood have forgotten that, they assume by just pitting it to PG-13 automatically equals to a massive box office success. That is a MYTH. It is about your INITIAL target audience. A film like the Avengers can BE PG-13 because it has some adult situations but STILL family friendly. And people going in there already assume that's what it'll be. But films like Expendables (which the last film flopped horribly with that PG-13 assumption and ruined the whole vibe of the film), Deadpool and Suicide Squad SELLS itself by promising it is for MATURE AUDIENCES, because that's what they are known for and that's the CORE of their fanbase. Making it a softer film WILL turn them off which many I seen online already are doing. And the rest of the massive would not CARE. This is a bad and short-sighted decision.

:what: the GA doesn't know who the Suicide Squad are so it doesn't really matter

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

So it's going to be a "hard" PG-13? I guess that means it will venture into the Taken and World War Z territory of violence and gore.

This little bit from the article about how David Ayer was chosen to direct was also interesting:
He had a close relationship with [Warner Bros. executive] Greg Silverman and Greg said, 'He's got an idea on Suicide Squad, he wants to come in and pitch it.' Having a guy like that who's been able to-all of his films have had a certain level of groundedness to them, really feeling very richly real. And so having that sensibility, which is along the lines of what we were talking about earlier how we like to have things grounded in science or whatever, I was very anxious to hear what his take was gonna be on Suicide Squad and I was very happily surprised, but it was right exactly in the pocket that we were looking for. Honestly that movie was essentially greenlit in the pitch meeting...So David was very fresh off the heels of a movie that he could show called Fury, which was a fabulous picture, and he was able to talk about these really-as he says 'it can be fun to be bad' and 'just because they're bad doesn't mean they're evil', and so he was able to convince all of the actors that we went out to that he was gonna be able to make these characters so compelling that they would wanna be played more than once by these actors. Read more at: ‘Suicide Squad’ Will Push Its PG-13 Rating to the Limit
For some reason I thought Ayer was brought in by WB specifically to do SS and not that he had an SS pitch and the movie got the go ahead from his pitch.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Harley-Quinn-Kicks-The-Joker-In-The-Face-In-Batman-The-Animated-Series.gif