Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Suicide Squad actor Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project, MADtv) was a guest on The Howard Stern Show and shared some behind-the-scenes details about his more famous co-stars, such as Will Smith's generosity, Jaredo Leto's Joker-like gifts and Margot Robbie giving a cast member a tattoo with a typo.

A lot of has been written about Jaredo Leto staying in-character for Suicide Squad and how he presented various cast members with disturbing gifts, but now Barinholtz explains how some of the crazy gift-giving went down.

"He did this crazy thing...all the actors were rehearsing, and his character is in love with Margot Robbie -- she's Harley Quinn...so we're rehearsing, and this actor who plays the Joker's kind of lieutenant, walks in and he goes, 'Present for Ms. Quinn.' Hands her a box. She opens the box, and a live, giant black rat pops out," Barinholtz explained to Howard Stern. "And we're like, 'What the f--k is going on? That's crazy!' So 20 minutes later, we're still rehearsing, and the actor comes back in and he goes, 'This is for the squad from Mr. J. And he throws a pig on the table, a dead pig, and as he puts the pig on the table all these bullets start to come out of it...this is in a rehearsal space a month before we started shooting."
3V8qFHN.png

Then there is Margot Robbie, who Barinholtz describes as a fun-loving Australian that enjoys drinking beer and giving tattoos. "She has a tattoo gun, so [the cast would] get drunk and [she'd be] like, 'Alright, let me give you a tattoo,'" he shared. "And one of the guys she tattooed, she made a big typo. And he was like, 'Oh it's cool, don't worry about it!'"
hhh.png

He then told Stern how Smith spent his enormous wealth. One night Barinholtz and Smith had to shoot all night on the set, which was the same day Manny Pacquiao fought Floyd Mayweather. Barinholtz mentioned to Smith how disappointed he was that he'd be missing the fight. Smith told him not worry about it as he would take care of it. Smith ended up turning it into a 500-person event by renting out 3 movie theater screens to show the fight on and had a soul food restaurant in Toronto cater it.

Barinholtz also told Stern that the budget was "north of $250M." Whoa!

:noah:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Holy shyt, I just saw Terminator Genisys. Yo, this nikka Jai Courtney is terrible! How in the world did he even get that part I have never seen him in anything prior. Hopefully, he gets killed in the first half-hour of this.

His character, captain boomerang, is one of the main stays in the suicide squad comic behind deadshot. If there's a sequel, strong chance he'll be in it. Along with Harley and deadshot

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Holy shyt, I just saw Terminator Genisys. Yo, this nikka Jai Courtney is terrible! How in the world did he even get that part I have never seen him in anything prior. Hopefully, he gets killed in the first half-hour of this.
He sucked all sorts of ass in T:Genisys but really everybody except Arnold was awful in that movie.
Plus I know I spent the entire movie comparing COurtney to the OG Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn).

On the plus side though Courtney was good in Spartacus and any time he has been cast as the douchebag type in a movie( Jack Reacher and those shytty Divergent movies come to mind) he has been OK.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He sucked all sorts of ass in T:Genisys but really everybody except Arnold was awful in that movie.
Plus I know I spent the entire movie comparing COurtney to the OG Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn).

On the plus side though Courtney was good in Spartacus and any time he has been cast as the douchebag type in a movie( Jack Reacher and those shytty Divergent movies come to mind) he has been OK.
OK Spartacus is why he is getting these roles? I know it was a popular show.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I know it's going to sound crazy but I honestly think EVERYONE cast is going to kill their roles, even Courtney. Thiamin one of the few movies in recent me memory where I had absolutely NO complaints about any of the casting choices (except Hardy was originally cast and he would've been dope)

Courtney is going have absolutely no choice but to step his game up next to Leto, Smith, and Robbie

Chef

All Star
Daps
I know it's going to sound crazy but I honestly think EVERYONE cast is going to kill their roles, even Courtney. Thiamin one of the few movies in recent me memory where I had absolutely NO complaints about any of the casting choices (except Hardy was originally cast and he would've been dope)

Courtney is going have absolutely no choice but to step his game up next to Leto, Smith, and Robbie

Seeing Leto be in character for the entire production must have been ether to him. :mjcry: Whoever is cast as next iteration of The Joker got they worked cut out for them.:wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Oddly enough the one person I worry about.....is Will Smith.

And thats not because he's a bad actor. Its because he's Will Smith and might stick out from the rest of the cast.

I'm rooting for Will to bounce back though. So I'm hoping he gets an acting nom for Concussion and then kills it in Suicide Squad.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Oddly enough the one person I worry about.....is Will Smith.

And thats not because he's a bad actor. Its because he's Will Smith and might stick out from the rest of the cast.

I'm rooting for Will to bounce back though. So I'm hoping he gets an acting nom for Concussion and then kills it in Suicide Squad.

Will is going to be fine