Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I'm I the only one who doesn't like the design of Leto's Joker? He looks like a fukking saints row character or a rhythm guitarist for Marylin Manson tour
Not subtlety at all with this guy and those tattoos. I don't mind him being tatted up, I knew they had to do something different but they beat you over the head with "hey kids! This guy is the Joker!"

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DCEU

the E stands for elseworld.
Aren't all comic book based movies Elseworlds/What If stories though?
If more people would go into them with that mindset it would cut down on the nerd whining/kneejerk bashing that happens with every movie or TV series.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
If more people would go into them with that mindset it would cut down on the nerd whining/kneejerk bashing that happens with every movie or TV series.
That's how I've come to accept the decisions made for The Dark Knight Rises.

Just a whack elseworlds story :aicmon:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

not really, at least not over at marvel. they have given us the definitive versions. that's captain america you see up on the screen, not someone's skewed interpretation of captain america.

whereas wb/dc keep trying to "re-invent" the characters.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
not really, at least not over at marvel. they have given us the definitive versions. that's captain america you see up on the screen, not someone's skewed interpretation of captain america.

:mjlol: here's this guy again, popping up in every DCU thread talking about "But but but Marvel…."

Bini Knight

All Star
Daps

There's been 4 iterations of the joker. Joker is a character who has the room for that because he has so many different interpretations in the comics anyway. All the avengers have never been on screen before so there is no room for slight differentation. Also i don' t remember the avengers characters comic books being the Kings of Comedy either. WHo else is being reinvented.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's been 4 iterations of the joker. Joker is a character who has the room for that because he has so many different interpretations in the comics anyway. All the avengers have never been on screen before so there is no room for slight differentation. Also i don' t remember the avengers characters comic books being the Kings of Comedy either. WHo else is being reinvented.

:salute:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps

There is no defensive version of the joker. He's a character who has had many different interpretation in comics and other forms of media

Daps
Reppin
NYC
There is no defensive version of the joker. He's a character who has had many different interpretation in comics and other forms of media

maybe not a definitive version but definitely a classic version, wouldn't you agree?

different variations on the classic version are fine so long as you acknowledge there must first exist a tradition to subvert in the first place. the "traditional" joker looks like this:

char_5102.jpg

2790090-joker_super_friends_001.jpg

2200d8862bd82aa19ba062d7d3b39a5b.jpg

The-Killing-Joke.jpg

the-joker.jpg

that is the classic joker.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
hSSbofO.jpg
Who will be the big bad of Suicide Squad? That remains to be seen, though Enchantress seems like a fairly safe bet. Asked by Empire Magazine what Task Force X's mission is going to be, director David Ayer wouldn't give any specifics away, but did drop a rather intriguing hint about what they'll be up to. "They're after a high value target that they have to go in and rescue. When they make the attempt, they realise that's not the end." So, things are clearly going to go horribly wrong for the team at some point in the movie, but don't expect a traditional good versus bad story. In fact, the biggest threat to them may just end up coming from within! "F**k good versus bad," Ayer adds. "Bad versus evil is a lot more interesting. And Amanda Waller is the worst there is."

That's right, Task Force X's leader might just be the worst person in Suicide Squad. After all, she's the on responsible for injecting what the magazine describes as "nanobombs" into the neck of each villain to keep them under control. "She's relentless in her villainy," Suicide Squad star Viola Davis explains. "When you look at her, there's nothing that seems dangerous. Her only power is her intelligence and her complete lack of guilt. I read a great book called Confessions of a Sociopath, which was frightening but very helpful..." Could it be that we end up rooting for Task Force X to bring down A.R.G.U.S.? We'll have to wait and see, but let us know your thoughts below.
game fukking over:wow:......