Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i dont think he regrets turning down django, jaime was like the 5 or 6th choice

nobody wanted it

It was written for him initially breh. And he only turned it down because he felt like Django was too subdued of a performance and he wanted something bigger. I'd rather be in a hit Tarantino movie than that After Earth

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was written for him initially breh. And he only turned it down because he felt like Django was too subdued of a performance and he wanted something bigger. I'd rather be in a hit Tarantino movie than that After Earth
it doesnt matter who it was written for, the first actor chosen is usually never the one whose actually in the film

lets look at it like this, will wanted subtle changes to the script and thats his right so he turned it down when quentin refused

why should will agree to a movie like django when django is just a supporting actor and not the guy?

it doesnt affect will's career one bit that he turned down django

you guys keep bringing up after earth and that was his sons movie and it made money so what.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
it doesnt matter who it was written for, the first actor chosen is usually never the one whose actually in the film

lets look at it like this, will wanted subtle changes to the script and thats his right so he turned it down when quentin refused

why should will agree to a movie like django when django is just a supporting actor and not the guy?

it doesnt affect will's career one bit that he turned down django

you guys keep bringing up after earth and that was his sons movie and it made money so what.

Breh, and this is the same discussion we've previously had in here, After Earth is billed as his movie, not his sons. The perception is that it's a Will Smith flop, not a Jaden Smith flop, and it was a failure domestically which is not what the studio hoped for. It costs 130 mil to make and only made 243 worldwide, that's not a success breh. That's not including the marketing costs and the cut that the theaters get for the movie. It didn't even break even.

No one was writing articles talking about Jaden Smith's After Earth flops, it was Will Smith's after earth flops so even if the actual movie is about Jaden, the perception is that it's Will's flop and perception in Hollywood is every thing. That's the rule. Is it fair? No but that's the way it is. And it's cool if Will didn't take the role because he wanted it bigger and wanted it to be more how Django was at the end of the movie, but it would've been good for Will to do something different which is why it'll be good for him if he does this too. Just go outside the box and outside the stuff he's been doing for the past 20 years.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, and this is the same discussion we've previously had in here, After Earth is billed as his movie, not his sons. The perception is that it's a Will Smith flop, not a Jaden Smith flop, and it was a failure domestically which is not what the studio hoped for. It costs 130 mil to make and only made 243 worldwide, that's not a success breh. That's not including the marketing costs and the cut that the theaters get for the movie. It didn't even break even.

No one was writing articles talking about Jaden Smith's After Earth flops, it was Will Smith's after earth flops so even if the actual movie is about Jaden, the perception is that it's Will's flop and perception in Hollywood is every thing. That's the rule. Is it fair? No but that's the way it is. And it's cool if Will didn't take the role because he wanted it bigger and wanted it to be more how Django was at the end of the movie, but it would've been good for Will to do something different which is why it'll be good for him if he does this too. Just go outside the box and outside the stuff he's been doing for the past 20 years.

i dont think a movie with the n-word being repeatably said would of helped his image, for me as guy who doesnt really like his movies except for a couple you have to be careful what roles you accept. for will smith, django was not the right choice because of the script. for a guy whose kinda struggling for roles like fox it was perfect because he needed even more exposure but for for smith its a downgrade

as he gets older hes going to start doing different roles but once that fails he'll be back to action movies which simply works for him.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i dont think a movie with the n-word being repeatably said would of helped his image, for me as guy who doesnt really like his movies except for a couple you have to be careful what roles you accept. for will smith, django was not the right choice because of the script. for a guy whose kinda struggling for roles like fox it was perfect because he needed even more exposure but for for smith its a downgrade

as he gets older hes going to start doing different roles but once that fails he'll be back to action movies which simply works for him.

Agree to disagree on that one then. I think will needs a shot in the arm and should try more stuff and I don't think Django would've been a bad look for him but obviously we all feel different about that movie.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
That's the toughest one for me to understand how they'll get people to go see it or convince us that aquaman is cool
Aquaman is a dope hero. His comic shows why he ain't to be fukked with. The blueprint is there... Definitely a better chance to be good than The Flash. Suicide Squad the only thing I might end up looking for tho

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I wonder if they're still going after the Cara chick.

I remember reports that they were going after her in addition to Margot.

But one I saw had Margot close to signing on with Cara being looked at for Harley :manny: