Studios consider Baldur’s Gate 3 anomaly : “It’s Rockstar-level nonsense for scope” Update: Confirmed Blassic

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
As long as there's a main story to follow I'm cool. Not super into endless games that over the top open world with no strong narrative backbone.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

Not a fan of them removing the stat bonuses by race. I will mourn the loss of my cheese +CHR for half-elf - an increase useful on every class because I always forget to use the CHR-focused party member for dialogue. Always.

Wonder how they're going to rebalance things that way though. Basically zeroes out the racial benefits. Wood elves still get move movement and miniature people still get less, plus there's innate racial proficiencies :jbhmm:I'm all for equity of character potential. That said... guess it might make it easier to convince people to play the races that aren't part of the min-max stat meta. I bet the gnome population doubles over normal D&D games.

Now I have to decide if rolling half-elf is even worth it, comparatively. If not for those stat boosts... may as well roll a character that can have a goddamned beard or something :francis:

...nah. Half-elf Gloomstalker Ranger is happening.
Sorc-adin Dark Urge after.

90% sure Dark Urge is Baal/Baalspawn. Which makes me wonder what it's gonna be like with Oren.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not a fan of them removing the stat bonuses by race. I will mourn the loss of my cheese +CHR for half-elf - an increase useful on every class because I always forget to use the CHR-focused party member for dialogue. Always.

Wonder how they're going to rebalance things that way though. Basically zeroes out the racial benefits. Wood elves still get move movement and miniature people still get less, plus there's innate racial proficiencies :jbhmm:I'm all for equity of character potential. That said... guess it might make it easier to convince people to play the races that aren't part of the min-max stat meta. I bet the gnome population doubles over normal D&D games.

Now I have to decide if rolling half-elf is even worth it, comparatively. If not for those stat boosts... may as well roll a character that can have a goddamned beard or something :francis:

...nah. Half-elf Gloomstalker Ranger is happening.
Sorc-adin Dark Urge after.

90% sure Dark Urge is Baal/Baalspawn. Which makes me wonder what it's gonna be like with Oren.

There’s still racial specific skills

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
There’s still racial specific skills
I know - thus the wood elf/movement thing. But the racial skills were less interesting to my munchkin brain than the raw stat increases some races got. I get the evening the field though so people don't end up discriminating agianst certain races by assuming their min-max potential.

Still wish they hadn't removed them though :mjcry: All this does is make the half-sized races less terrible. That makes me sad. Down with the halfling/gnome/dwarf shortnikka alliance!

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I might use one of their Origin Characters for my first playthrough :patrice:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Was never able to get it divinity original sin 2
Will I be able to get into this?
I like rpgs tho just never been able to fully "get" crpgs
Depends for me on how long combat encounters are in the game, because I can sense myself losing interest because I find tactical turn base combat to be too time consuming and draining when all I care about is the story.

If the combat encounters are short and sweet, I dig it. if I have to do 2 hour long dungeons of non stop combat. I ain't about it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Depends for me on how long combat encounters are in the game, because I can sense myself losing interest because I find tactical turn base combat to be too time consuming and draining when all I care about is the story.

This def ain’t the game for you then. Good battles take a good amount of strategy to get through and if you lose them they could have consequences in the story

If you want an RPG thats less combat focused you should play Disco Elysium

Daps
Thread had me intrigued, but it looks like top-down view RPG. Never really been into those.

:francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This def ain’t the game for you then. Good battles take a good amount of strategy to get through and if you lose them they could have consequences in the story

If you want an RPG thats less combat focused you should play Disco Elysium
He could just play BG3 on "explorer" mode though. I might do that if I find the combat too annoying on "balanced" mode. I typically don't like turn-based combat either

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The class depth shyt is Wrath of the Righteous is > than this. Obviously the character creator all around is better here because of the graphics and appearance stuff.