Studios consider Baldur’s Gate 3 anomaly : “It’s Rockstar-level nonsense for scope” Update: Confirmed Blassic

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Good guy Larian with the bait and switch. Drop it on PC first, get the reviews out the way, then drop a raggedy bugged out console version and nobody will even notice or care :ohlawd:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good guy Larian with the bait and switch. Drop it on PC first, get the reviews out the way, then drop a raggedy bugged out console version and nobody will even notice or care :ohlawd:
If this would have dropped on console and PC at the same time the conversation around the game would be a bit different

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Look like they threw series s under the bus as a distraction from the fact their game just wasn’t ready yet. :mjpls:
It's a great game, but the series s was a scapegoat because split screen performance is ass across the board. Plus, it seems act 3 was undercooked at launch, but they're adding stuff post-launch, so should improve over time, but it seems odd some reviewers dismissed that

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
lmao at the Larry’s turning their hate toward BG3 because of starfield crashing

Ps5 version is the highest rated game on the platform as of now

F6356-AC5-05-BC-4-D96-844-C-A251-BB08-FE08.jpg

The performance isn’t what people dislike about Starfield, its the actual game itself:umad:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
lmao at the Larry’s turning their hate toward BG3 because of starfield crashing

Ps5 version is the highest rated game on the platform as of now

F6356-AC5-05-BC-4-D96-844-C-A251-BB08-FE08.jpg

The performance isn’t what people dislike about Starfield, its the actual game itself:umad:

As the great Katt Williams once said, all of this Starfield shyt could have easily been avoided had Overzealous Delusional Internet Xbots just done the following....
katt-katt-williams.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
curious to see if Sony Stans will actually play BG3, or just use it as console wars ammo

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's a great game, but the series s was a scapegoat because split screen performance is ass across the board. Plus, it seems act 3 was undercooked at launch, but they're adding stuff post-launch, so should improve over time, but it seems odd some reviewers dismissed that
Crazy how video game discourse works.

This was touted as “how a game should be released” other devs were supposed to be scared because larians independence and not relying on big money allowed them to work on the game as long as they wanted and release a totally complete optimized game. Except of course for the terrible series S which was holding them back.

except literally NONE of this happened.

They released the game incomplete at full price for 3 years. Had major money backing them.

Once it was time for the full retail release the game came out with a bunch of bugs that reviewers somehow missed cause they were later in the game :mjpls:

PS5 version out and it runs like shyt, and has even more bugs, coo-op is broken across the board.

Performance mode running at 25fps
Long ass loading times.
Broken missions and dialog.

Any other game would be getting KILlLED right now. But we’ve already crowned BG3 as the way games should be :wow:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how video game discourse works.

This was touted as “how a game should be released” other devs were supposed to be scared because larians independence and not relying on big money allowed them to work on the game as long as they wanted and release a totally complete optimized game. Except of course for the terrible series S which was holding them back.

except literally NONE of this happened.

They released the game incomplete at full price for 3 years. Had major money backing them.

Once it was time for the full retail release the game came out with a bunch of bugs that reviewers somehow missed cause they were later in the game :mjpls:

PS5 version out and it runs like shyt, and has even more bugs, coo-op is broken across the board.

Performance mode running at 25fps
Long ass loading times.
Broken missions and dialog.

Any other game would be getting KILlLED right now. But we’ve already crowned BG3 as the way games should be :wow:

Don't get me wrong its a great game, but the discourse around it was weird. I think what helped was DIablo IV post game being a mess and had awful monetization. So, it resulted in this game being championed for the things you've mentioned. I think for the most part launch was good for me on PC and didn't have too many issues except some bugs, but that's expected with an RPG of this scope.

Anyway, BG3 is great, and hopefully, certain discourse is dead since its coming out on all platforms this year. I agree with most of your post because people were acting weird on how this game is how games should launch, but it wasn't a complete package at launch and had performance issues.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don't get me wrong its a great game, but the discourse around it was weird. I think what helped was DIablo IV post game being a mess and had awful monetization. So, it resulted in this game being championed for the things you've mentioned. I think for the most part launch was good for me on PC and didn't have too many issues except some bugs, but that's expected with an RPG of this scope.

Anyway, BG3 is great, and hopefully, certain discourse is dead since its coming out on all platforms this year. I agree with most of your post because people were acting weird on how this game is how games should launch, but it wasn't a complete package at launch and had performance issues.
Wasn’t attacking the game itself. It seems pretty dope from what i’ve played and Larians other games were great.

It’s just crazy to me how video games get talked about.

Imagine sony says “we gone release spiderman 2 in early access for $60 for 3 years” then when the game comes out it’s running sub 25fps with game breaking bugs and an entire mode almost unplayable. shyt would be pandemonium:wow: