String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like grades only matter to get jobs lined up before you graduate, ie: campus recruiting. A couple of companies will have a GPA requirement and will check your transcript as part of the background check but won't even talk about it during the interview. And this is only for entry level jobs anyway.
I never had anyone ask me about my grades before and ain't have any one care where i went to school in years.
Law firms ask about your grades until year 3-5, depending on where you are.
If you're coming in from a clerkship or prestigious fellowship the grade threshold is already there, but they will ask a mid-level associate about their grades :francis:
And everything in LS is on a curve, so its really an uphill battle.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
damn maybe next time.

i only have one job on my linkedin and that's my personal business. so needless to say, sometimes linkedin is not complete
also, i think if you really killed it they would have told you over the phone or in the same interview discussion.
i had an interview the other day for a job i didn't even seek out (they asked me to apply). and i blacked tf out in it. They told me over the phone i would definitely get an offer and "see you soon" lol
idk if i even want that job
This nikka probably couldn't read the room if it was on fire. He doesn't know what killing an interview is at this stage.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
yeah I`m in tech, and you know how many jobs I was more than qualified, and smarter than the people interviewing me and didnt get the job lol. People need to pray for the RIGHT job and not just any job. When I don't get a job I just say it wasn't for me and keep pushing. You gotta play the volume game out here.

The tech industry in particular is worse for brehs cuz Whites/Asians have this belief that black people are biologically not as intelligent or competent. I've never heard of any other industry where a black man or woman had to fill out 1,000 applications and wait months to finally get a job. Tech is a struggle, mainly for black people.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The tech industry in particular is worse for brehs cuz Whites/Asians have this belief that black people are biologically not as intelligent or competent. I've never heard of any other industry where a black man or woman had to fill out 1,000 applications and wait months to finally get a job. Tech is a struggle, mainly for black people.

exactly.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
:stopitslime: at this 'victimization' shyt. Its like nikkas like to wake up creating tales of being racially victimized. How u lose a job to a stank ass arab:mjlol: Top 10 lawschool my ass. Post a link to YOUR LinkedIn and his, let TheColi decide:ohhh:

Also, Aint no one worse to cacs than middle easterners. They'll pick hanging out with a breh wayyyy before Muhammad. But ill let yall feel entitled to being at the bottom of the totempole since it makes some of yall happy.:dry:

That said, how you go to a top 10 law school, get good grades, and not have an envelope with an offer for urself before graduation like all others whom actually went to a top 10 law school with great grades. This shyt reeks of

Daps
This nikka probably couldn't read the room if it was on fire. He doesn't know what killing an interview is at this stage.

i would only consider myself as killing it if i got an offer in the same conversation. anything less, they are obviously undecided about you lol
in the times i got an offer by the end of the convo, usually the convo has turned more casual (talking about lunch or the economy or the holidays) and they are selling the position to me, wanting me to buy in. if they are still testing you by the end, you probably aint kill it.