String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just so you know. My friend from college graduated from one of best law schools in the state. Had top grades and had one of his papers published his 1st year and still had to work for 3 years as a clerk. Now he's one the top lawyers working for the state govt. You haven't paid your dues yet.

I don't know what state you live in but why don't you get the experience you need working your way up as a public.defender
Being a clerk is harder than corporate law :mjlol:
That’s not how the legal market works breh :francis:
People try to get clerkships to get a massive bonus their first year and jump into the most prestigious jobs possible :yeshrug:
Federal clerkships are damn near impossible for 95% of law students to get

Daps
damn maybe next time.

i only have one job on my linkedin and that's my personal business. so needless to say, sometimes linkedin is not complete
also, i think if you really killed it they would have told you over the phone or in the same interview discussion.
i had an interview the other day for a job i didn't even seek out (they asked me to apply). and i blacked tf out in it. They told me over the phone i would definitely get an offer and "see you soon" lol
idk if i even want that job

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
If you got an in-person interview, you can get hired.

Just gotta keep cracking the barrier.

Make sure you understand exactly what the firm is looking for, where trends are going, and how you can position yourself there in the next few years.

Like go above and beyond in how you map it out. This is an investment and at the end of the day you have to go 110% as a breh. And now you have interview experience. Refine it, practice it everyday in the mirror till you get it perfect.

You have to make them believe that you belong there and that they are idiots for choosing someone else. Hiring someone is always an investment, understand that first and foremost.

Look at the positives, not the negatives. Sure the dude was Arab - what do you think he uniquely provided tho? Maybe he spoke another language that is related to something the firm was thinking of pursuing? Just a thought, if not. Cut your losses. You are doing THESE firms a favor. They want to HIRE you.

They brought you into that room to invest in you. They seriously considered you too. You can get another firm to do the same.

They didn't seriously consider me it was just a screener interview which means I didn't even get the real interview round

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
They didn't seriously consider me it was just a screener interview which means I didn't even get the real interview round
They looked at your resume and chose it out of the bunch tho. An interview is still an interview. You can get more.

And plus, one of the people from your screening interview got the job. Those aren’t bad odds. Just gotta keep pushing. Even though the odds are be against you, that just means you have to play the game harder before you get a win.

Last edited:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
I killed an interview with a law firm a few weeks ago. I just got a rejection email. So I looked up who they hired in LinkedIn and they hired an Arab with a JD from a school that is much lower ranked than mine. And I know he doesn't have good grades because he graduated two years ago and wasn't even employed as an attorney. This is what white supremacy looks like.
What does good grades matter, well they matter but not that much when looking for jobs

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
This thread is the definition of entitlement lol. You don't know the truth of why that man he got hired. Maybe he did great in ths interviews and you came across as a loser. The fact that you're citing school grades as a reason you should or shouldn't get a real life job is laughable. Stop acting like a hating ass ho. And if you're really that worried about people not hiring you, just start your own law firm. bytch.
Got his ass:wow: