String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

Keep your head up! That job wasn't for you. I believe that Black attorneys have a harder time finding work in corporate firms.

In my industry, Blacks have a harder time getting certain positions as well.

Just keep looking and consider looking at Black law firms or firms that have a diverse staff.

Maybe one day, you could start your own firm.

Good luck to you!

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Breh, applying to jobs is always a grind. People fresh off graduating are putting their heads down and sending resumes out to hundreds of positions. You're going to drive yourself crazy if you're lamenting every rejection and not willing to play the numbers game just because you went to a good school.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
What does good grades matter, well they matter but not that much when looking for jobs

I feel like grades only matter to get jobs lined up before you graduate, ie: campus recruiting. A couple of companies will have a GPA requirement and will check your transcript as part of the background check but won't even talk about it during the interview. And this is only for entry level jobs anyway.
I never had anyone ask me about my grades before and ain't have any one care where i went to school in years.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What, the 3% of y'all brehs that are actually in tech? :mjlol:

Stop it fam. Tired of you tech brehs selling dreams

yeah I`m in tech, and you know how many jobs I was more than qualified, and smarter than the people interviewing me and didnt get the job lol. People need to pray for the RIGHT job and not just any job. When I don't get a job I just say it wasn't for me and keep pushing. You gotta play the volume game out here.

bis0n

(Requires Trapping)
Daps
Remember when you told The Coli that you were too much of a "real nikka" to join a BLSA chapter :mjpls:

I wonder how those "safe nikkas" are doing right now in their job hunts :troll:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I killed an interview with a law firm a few weeks ago. I just got a rejection email. So I looked up who they hired in LinkedIn and they hired an Arab with a JD from a school that is much lower ranked than mine. And I know he doesn't have good grades because he graduated two years ago and wasn't even employed as an attorney. This is what white supremacy looks like.
It's not what you know, It's who you know. :sas2:

Instead of talking shyt about the establishment, you should be kissing ass.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps