String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

invalid

Banned
Daps
To be honest, I don't even know why String has been even holding out for a Big Law gig. He's not made for it.

1) He doesn't want to work with white people.
2) He doesn't want to do mundane work.
3) He's not a networker or one to make connections.
4) And his personality quite frankly is not one someone will want to be around for long periods of time.

Even if he somehow secured a big law gig, he would be fired within the year. Probably earlier.

I have personal connects at:

Mayer Brown
Sidley Austin
Winston & Strawn
Kirkland & Ellis
Dentons
Freeborn & Peter's

Four of the firms, my contacts are partners that I could have slid String's resume to and they would have at least given a look. But I can't do that because I'm convinced they wouldn't tolerate String at all which would fukk up my ability to recommend someone else to them later down the line.

I even have a connect at Cook County in the Risk Department where they hire JDs. The Department head is black and I could have sworn I gave String that contact and he didn't follow up. That position would not have paid starting off in the six figures but it was low pressure and a black department head so he wouldn't have to be under the direction of a white boss. Nothing.

One thing a lot people don't prepare for is their route getting blocked or re-routed. You have to have plan A plus plan B, C and D etc. I have a friend who's an attorney on paper but never practiced law. He used his degrees to propel him to millions in the tech/business field. Knowing how to pivot is very important.

String got some valuable feedback from his classmates.

Due diligence is a major weakness of his that I noted off rip. Then being adaptable and being able to pivot is another apparently. :francis:

Direct Experience? Reputation Contributed to learning?
Yes Bad Unmarked
Comment on rating :
He has a great demeanor and presence, but once we dug into the issues, I didn't get the sense he actually understood them. I anchored the discussion at a ridiculous financial number and asked for things way beyond reason, and he didn't challenge me. It was almost like he prepared a specific gameplan and series of requests, and when I pushed him beyond his prepared script, he wasn't ready to adapt and freelance.

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Stringer's strengths:
Slightly above average overall intelligence
Good communication skills
T14 grad
Well read

String's weaknesses:
Arrogant
A loser mindset
Work ethic is subpar which is critical for a lawyer
Stubborn as an ox
He's been in reality sucks mode too long. Most of us Black folks get here for whatever reason but we snap out of it. Not String tho. He's been in it since he graduated.
Unrealistic
Lacks high-end comprehension skills
Soft, no toughness whatsoever

Stringer, you are our own worse enemy b.
:picard: You give him far too much credit

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
To be honest, I don't even know why String has been even holding out for a Big Law gig. He's not made for it.

1) He doesn't want to work with white people.
2) He doesn't want to do mundane work.
3) He's not a networker or one to make connections.
4) And his personality quite frankly is not one someone will want to be around for long periods of time.

Even if he somehow secured a big law gig, he would be fired within the year. Probably earlier.

I have personal connects at:

Mayer Brown
Sidley Austin
Winston & Strawn
Kirkland & Ellis
Dentons
Freeborn & Peter's

Four of the firms, my contacts are partners that I could have slid String's resume to and they would have at least given a look. But I can't do that because I'm convinced they wouldn't tolerate String at all which would fukk up my ability to recommend someone else to them later down the line.

I even have a connect at Cook County in the Risk Department where they hire JDs. The Department head is black and I could have sworn I gave String that contact and he didn't follow up. That position would not have paid starting off in the six figures but it was low pressure and a black department head so he wouldn't have to be under the direction of a white boss. Nothing.

String got some valuable feedback from his classmates.

Due diligence is a major weakness of his that I noted off rip. Then being adaptable and being able to pivot is another apparently. :francis:

Black partners can't get another black person hired. You need a white partner to walk you through the door.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Stringer's strengths:
Slightly above average overall intelligence
Good communication skills
T14 grad
Well read

String's weaknesses:
Arrogant
A loser mindset
Work ethic is subpar which is critical for a lawyer
Stubborn as an ox
He's been in reality sucks mode too long. Most of us Black folks get here for whatever reason but we snap out of it. Not String tho. He's been in it since he graduated.
Unrealistic
Lacks high-end comprehension skills
Soft, no toughness whatsoever

Stringer, you are our own worse enemy b.

Typical African calling an ados lazy and the cause of all their own problems

:mjpls:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I mean dude could be trolling but his story isn't out of the ordinary. Lot of law graduates are in his situation. :francis:
Lot of law students are not above taking temp hourly pay contract law gigs until they gain their footing
:comeon:
Let’s cut to the chase - times and economic conditions are not right for biglaw associate positions for a recent law grad who never worked as a summer associate or completed a judicial clerkship program. If he wants to still get into biglaw - he needs to work for govt. or a well known corporation, get some connects and transfer as a lateral. There’s plenty of public defender or public policy work out there - he just don’t want the starting salary.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Everything.

It's always someone else's fault with him;

Women
Gays
Africans
Whites
Boule
Feminist
Blavities
c00ns

The story of String Bell is a sad story.

I'm in my position because of my own failings and shortcomings. Doesn't make my descriptions of all these groups less true.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The COVID Crisis Law Firm Layoff Tracker: What’s Your Firm Doing To Survive?

“Let us know what your firm is doing to survive during this unprecedented moment in time. The following firms have told employees they won’t cut salaries/conduct furloughs (Cahill Gordon; Weil; Quinn Emanuel (partner distributions have been deferred and draws have been adjusted); Shearman; Perkins Coie (see below); Morrison Foerster; Vinson & Elkins; Ropes & Gray; Kramer Levin; Morgan Lewis; Schulte Roth and Zabel; DLA Piper; Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner(see below); Arnold & Porter; Covington & Burling; Sidley; Greenberg Traurig) or have offered bonuses and special pandemic tech stipends ( Skadden; Fried Frank; Debevoise; Willkie(no stipend, but offered to ship all tech needed); Milbank; Quinn Emanuel; Ropes & Gray; Kramer Levin; Schulte Roth and Zabel, Simpson Thacher).”

Good luck op- commanding that $200k salary when only 3 firms haven’t had layoffs, reductions or salary cuts since April.
:mjlol::mjlol: