String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

Berry

Negro Swan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Okaga,CA
This nikka done went bacc to regular posting after making a thread like this :skip:

Fred

Damn I was wondering if he had replied to anyone or anything lol, but it was a lot of emotions that would be exhaustive to go through, so hopefully after he sits back, he reflects on the words of those who posted in the thread to begin moving forward

Denzel_Saucegton

L.T.P.F.J.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Amexem
Sending positive energy breh. May your situation be turned around with prosperity. Meditation and positive affirmations will lead you on the path you seek.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
nikkas clown me for my law school grades but even that shyt is not based on merit. The kids that get the best grades get a good outline from a kid who took the class the year before, get in a good study group and go laugh and joke with the professor at office hours.

Kids that get the best jobs know someone or make a connection with the interviewer because they are similar.

Hard work is a necessary, but hard work without the proper relationships means nothing. As a matter of fact lazy people who are adapt at cultivating relationships are more sucessful than hard workers who arent.

This shyt applies to any field or industry. Talent is cool but it needs to be cultivated and given he proper opportunity to flourish. My intelligence and talent is clear making it from where I came from, but at the end of the day I'm just a hood nikka with no social capital.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One would like to think that wouldn’t they :jbhmm:

I mean, that’s easier than admitting one isn’t up to par; that one isn’t good enough, right? :patrice:

I’m not talking about OP specifically, I’ve never seen him actually work as a lawyer, so I wouldn’t know. But to assume those that are successful only got their success because they knew somebody...well, that’s wishful thinking :hubie:

I think random interactions with random people can help, but you have to bring it as well. Make yourself more qualified, better than your peers. Make it so that they can’t help but notice you. You gotta put in the work :ehh:

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Not gonna generalize but, living & working in DC, I can definitely attest to this to a degree. Witnessed some of the most unqualified persons granted some of the best opportunities based merely on who they know. Sobering at times considering you put so much into your merits & credentials.:wow: