String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas clown me for my law school grades but even that shyt is not based on merit. The kids that get the best grades get a good outline from a kid who took the class the year before, get in a good study group and go laugh and joke with the professor at office hours.

Kids that get the best jobs know someone or make a connection with the interviewer because they are similar.

Hard work is a necessary, but hard work without the proper relationships means nothing. As a matter of fact lazy people who are adapt at cultivating relationships are more sucessful than hard workers who arent.

This shyt applies to any field or industry. Talent is cool but it needs to be cultivated and given he proper opportunity to flourish. My intelligence and talent is clear making it from where I came from, but at the end of the day I'm just a hood nikka with no social capital.
:yeshrug: survival of the fittest. If you understand the game, you know the game is rigged from jump

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you want to be successful in any field you have to be willing to take risks. Period

When master P was attempting to start No Limit records you know how many people was probably telling him

“Bro this shyt is never gonna work. Drop that dream and get a regular job like everyone else”:wow:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you want to be successful in any field you have to be willing to take risks. Period

When master P was attempting to start No Limit records you know how many people was probably telling him

“Bro this shyt is never gonna work. Drop that dream and get a regular job like everyone else”:wow:
This is a big part of it for sure. Just know that risk could break you permanently.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Success is self defined and yes, I agree for certain definitions you will need your network, especially around career. Personal success (weight loss, control of finances, investments, etc) are more about the habits and behaviors you apply.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps

well said

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Low Quality Posting
there are 3 black immigrants who I have better grades than that still managed get biglaw jobs making 190k .A Nigerian chick, Haitisn chick and puerto Rican and black dude. They had awful grades I'm taking C's. My lowest grade was a B-.

nikkas can fukk outta here talking about I'm butter this is facts.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
there are 3 black immigrants who I have better grades than that still managed get biglaw jobs making 190k .A Nigerian chick, Haitisn chick and puerto Rican and black dude. They had awful grades I'm taking C's. My lowest grade was a B-.

nikkas can fukk outta here talking about I'm butter this is facts.
:laff::laff::laff: