Streets of Rage 4 | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Most people say they knocked it out the park with keeping it true to the OG with slight updates to the formula.

However, there seems to be no character progression or upgrades. Also no unlockable characters besides the legacy characters from previous games. :jbhmm:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Most people say they knocked it out the park with keeping it true to the OG with slight updates to the formula.

However, there seems to be no character progression or upgrades. Also no unlockable characters besides the legacy characters from previous games. :jbhmm:

well to be fair none of the beat em up games from the 90s had upgrade systems either. The main focus seems to be in the combo system which now seems similar to Tekken 7.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
well to be fair none of the beat em up games from the 90s had upgrade systems either. The main focus seems to be in the combo system which now seems similar to Tekken 7.

True. But its 20-fukkin-20 they could of at least implemented an upgrade system like SPvsTW :comeon:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sounds like what I was fearing with them relying on nostalgia and besides the combo system they didn't really move the gameplay forward. You can argue they took a step back from SOR 3 by slowing down the pace, and I'm guessing their isn't multiple paths with different endings like 3 either.
I know story isn't much to a beat em up but I get onto shyt like that and it's a bit disappointing that they went the silly route instead sticking to the tone of the previous titles and going further than SOR3.

Other than that the game looks beautiful and should be a fun playthrough during this quarantine. Really interested to see how the soundtrack holds up during game play and on it's own.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is that this is a sequel. In a sequel it should expand and improve from the previous game, not regress and stay stagnant.
If this was Streets of Rage 2: Remake then cool but this is a proper numbered sequel. It shouldn't be relying on Streets of Rage 2 as it's template. It should feel like a feel natural progression from Streets of Rage 3 to today's gameplay sensibilities.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Keep telling y’all brehs check out Final Exam on PS Now

Just like Streets of Rage only with guns and melee weapons you keep the entire level

Plus it’s 4 player online co op :wow:

Upgrade system, combos, and 19 weapons in total.

I look forward to this tho. 4 player online co op would be a dope addition but this still dope. Hopefully it spark somewhat of a genre of co op beat em ups coming back :wow:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
i hate that sites are allowed to give out reviews for games that haven't been released yet. they really mess up the vibe.
i don't read reviews or even go to game sites. I just get games i hear are coming out that i may like.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

Sounds like what I was fearing with them relying on nostalgia and besides the combo system they didn't really move the gameplay forward. You can argue they took a step back from SOR 3 by slowing down the pace, and I'm guessing their isn't multiple paths with different endings like 3 either.
I know story isn't much to a beat em up but I get onto shyt like that and it's a bit disappointing that they went the silly route instead sticking to the tone of the previous titles and going further than SOR3.

Other than that the game looks beautiful and should be a fun playthrough during this quarantine. Really interested to see how the soundtrack holds up during game play and on it's own.

How u feel about streets of rage remake? its universally considered the GOAT SoR game