Street fighter made a comeback with SF4, Then Sony ruined the franchise by making it contains exclus

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
SF5 is actually a pretty dope entry, but it took until season 3 for it to kinda shine

V-triggers are a bit too overpowered tho

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
What? I always mash dp on wake up and I win

Scrubs never see it coming

If I play you I'd body you

You probably one of those "stay back and throw projectiles" type of players aka a noob trying to pass off running as a strategy

Zoning is a strategy and it takes a lot of skills to use effectively.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
The King of Fighters has always been a better game than SF. Im mad it never got the clout FS has now

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
The King of Fighters has always been a better game than SF. Im mad it never got the clout FS has now

If it was it would be in SF's spot ry now

Their characters are boring :yeshrug:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
If it was it would be in SF's spot ry now

Their characters are boring :yeshrug:
Thats not how eSports work, breh. KOF is harder to play and thus not as accessible, plus it never made TV and had movies and cartoons based on it back in the 90s. SF didnt get its pull based on its gameplay. It was all marketing since the early 90s that got it to where it is now.

Ask any hardcore underground gamers, they'll tell you KOF >>>> SF by a long shot. I know this too cause I was heavy in the fighting game scene back in the early 2000s

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

KoF tends to be more popular outside NA.

KoF'13 though is amazing. I wish it still got burn and some tweaks for disallowing potential infinites.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Thats not how eSports work, breh. KOF is harder to play and thus not as accessible, plus it never made TV and had movies and cartoons based on it back in the 90s. SF didnt get its pull based on its gameplay. It was all marketing since the early 90s that got it to where it is now.

Ask any hardcore underground gamers, they'll tell you KOF >>>> SF by a long shot. I know this too cause I was heavy in the fighting game scene back in the early 2000s

KoF failing here wasn’t because of difficulty or marketing. SF had built in appeal before the movies and cartoons. SNK’s problem was you couldn’t get the damn game outside of imports and it never made its way to US home consoles or the ports were shyt.

I still own KoF 95, 96, & 97 imports on the Saturn, and they weren’t difficult aside from SNK Boss Syndrome. Those game are what “True” fighting game players wanted, higher skill ceiling, but accessible.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps

Hence why I said kof characters are boring. They aren't memorable at all, plus eSports were an afterthought to fighting game companies back then, now they're at the forefront when developers are trying to create a game that can be sustainable for years to come.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
KoF failing here wasn’t because of difficulty or marketing. SF had built in appeal before the movies and cartoons. SNK’s problem was you couldn’t get the damn game outside of imports and it never made its way to US home consoles or the ports were shyt.

I still own KoF 95, 96, & 97 imports on the Saturn, and they weren’t difficult aside from SNK Boss Syndrome. Those game are what “True” fighting game players wanted, higher skill ceiling, but accessible.
So essentially you agree that marketing played a big part in making street fighter what it is now, hence why Kof didnt get popular: lack of good marketing :yeshrug:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So essentially you agree that marketing played a big part in making street fighter what it is now, hence why Kof didnt get popular: lack of good marketing :yeshrug:

If you wanna boil distribution down to marketing I guess :francis:

But let’s be reality breh KoF was too anime to succeed here anyway. FF had a better chance.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Let's learn and grow...
If you're not heavy into the FGC scene it would be hard to understand what's going on behind the scenes.

Between legacy fighters not liking the game, JESU, trash tournament cups and terrible entry requirements the game suffered.

Not to mention other games came through and were more exciting, like DBZ Fighterz and Tekken 7.

Street Fighter caught up around season 3 but that's years later. Fighterz was the only game that was polished from the start and ready to go. But now it has reached its tiring point.

Everyone wants the new stuff.
Nobody gives two shyts about tournament fighting scenes tho, like 6ppl always say that shyt. nobody in the real world cares about that and y'all claim it's what makes or breaks a game. Sales generally do that...
Mortal Kombat 1995 movie >>> that film where Van Damn played an American
He was guile and saved the movie thus saving the franchise :wow:
If it wasn't for Sony SF5 wouldn't of even be made. Sony damn near saved Capcom's Fighting division. Stop it.

SF5 had ALOT of problems. Being excusive wasn't one of them.
Being exclusive and not well received is everything, you down playing it because you're a fanboy :stop:
seven years ago :usure:

but I bought this at launch and really didn’t have fun with it. Mortal Kombat on the other hand :blessed:
Hurts to see ppl feel this way about street fighter... you was the goat :to:
SF V's problems were NOT Sony's fault. Honestly.
Sony didn't nintendo seal of quality them nikkaz, if they did what Microsoft did with killer instinct we wouldn't be having this conversation. Make sure your response negates what I just said :popcorn:
OP knows he’s just being a stan:mjlol:
Sony wanted an exclusive to combat killer instinct and kinda moneyhatted a sequel that wasn't authentically made. The results is detrimental to the franchise. The replies in this thread about the game are not glowing and this is after street fighter 4 put street fighter back on top of a lot of people's list... NOT ANYMORE. Sony sacrificed a legendary franchise to make the ps4 more appealing at launch. Socom 4 suffered a similar fate. Sony tries to combat the competition and fails miserably and then the studio closes down like motorstorm or twisted metal, I could go on but I know facts are frowned upon here sohh :hubie:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
supposedly it wouldn't have gotten made without sony tossing some cash at it, Anyway I blame capcom the game has been a mess since it's release 7 years ago. Granted it's in a really good spot now. But SF is one of those games that should be cross play and on all systems from the switch to PC.

It doesn't help that the PS4 version runs worse than the PC.

Hopefully 6 sometime in 2022 restores the feeling.
Supposedly they are almost done with 6 but Covid hit