Streaming TV is about to get very expensive – here's why

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
174 isnt that much
At one time I thought the same. But at one time I also thought I needed all those channels too. Then I realized I don't have the time nor do I have the interest. I'm a huge NFL fan but I don't even watch NFL network not even espn unless the game is on.

Everyone is different tho and yes I believe this streaming shyt will fukk itself too.

Daps
Why the fukk didn’t netflix secure the office out of all the shows to commit to they chose friends...think I might just pirate Netflix shows and see what Disney is on. Not trying to get a nbc app but can’t even front I watch the office more than anything on there

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yeah, many analysts are predicting that the upcoming streaming war will be nothing but a big money pit for some of these companies. With Disney you know they got the content you want and Netflix still has the name plus acclaimed original series, but when you get to third place competition it instantly becomes a battle of 'Do they offer enough content to pay for it on top of what I already pay for?' and I don't see anyone winning that one.

Yeah.. Netflix Disney

then Hulu, Amazon, WB as the third option. Anyone else after those is assed out

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We all talked about this years ago. This train has been coming down the track at a high speed for a while now. Cable subs going down and all these studios realized the draw of all the shyt they actually own. Why let Netflix eat off of it while you only get licensing fees? Cut out the middle man.

I get it. I don’t like it because it’ll end up being more expensive in the end, but it was inevitable like a fat man finding an all you can eat buffet.

The trick now is, who’s going to have the most content (original and legacy) to attract the most subs? Warner has been announcing projects daily, including a gremlins animated tv show (finally after years of development), signing Bad Robot, and even talking about reviving some old TGIF properties. This is all an arms race and it’s going to be too much

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Cable or pirating...they better look at music and realize that once a model is disrupted, ain’t nobody going back to being gouged for content, especially not when you have a whole generation of people ~25 and under who are content to simply watch bullshyt on YouTube.
imagine every record label having their own streaming service :snoop:

its all backwards.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yup. I saw it coming and mentioned it years ago. It was inevitable.

But here's the kicker, what will most of the cord cutters do when they limit the devices, or put a cap on the number you can stream during any given month, or subscription tiers based on original vs licensed content (the very next wave). All Netflix was was the trial balloon of the industry, and it cannot survive on OG content alone.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

But here's the kicker, what will most of the cord cutters do when they limit the devices, or put a cap on the number you can stream during any given month, or subscription tiers based on original vs licensed content (the very next wave). All Netflix was was the trial balloon of the industry, and it cannot survive on OG content alone.

Nope it can't. Netflix's model seems to be a whole lot of fukking content but because their algorithm is so terrible, it's hard to find all that stuff. And if you're solely relying on tastemakers and critics to bring you eyeballs, you need another business model

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
the streaming services are really fukking the consumers because EACH streaming service has exclusive content. so you don't have a choice if u wanna see a certain program. that said, I'll be sharing passwords til the wheels fall off and they cut off that capability.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

dog, the ONLY reason I still have cable is cuz comcast puts a 1TB cap on how much data I can use per month. thus, if I were to go fully into streaming, I'd exceed the cap and I wouldn't be saving anything. however, I'm not currently paying for ANY streaming service.

I got hulu from my brother and also free thru sprint
netflix from my brother,
prime thru a friend
HBO and showtime thru another friend who works for comcast