Streaming TV is about to get very expensive – here's why

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Most likely they won't because the new companies are the content holders/creators and are backed by tv networks and cable companies, that can outspend Netflix.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Netflix has contracted creators to make shows exclusive for Netflix. Netflix is the creator now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Idk how anyone competes with WarnerMedia's catalog if they include all their TV programs with the movies

List of Warner Bros. Television programs - Wikipedia

They nearly own every TV related property :mindblown:

I'm not sure how some of those co-productions work like Seinfeld and shyt like that if they would be able to say no we're putting this on our own service but obviously the stuff like The Wire, Sopranos, Game of Thrones, all the HBO stuff and all the DC animated stuff and I think all the family programs like Family Matters etc. is all shyt that they would have on their own service.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'm not sure how some of those co-productions work like Seinfeld and shyt like that if they would be able to say no we're putting this on our own service but obviously the stuff like The Wire, Sopranos, Game of Thrones, all the HBO stuff and all the DC animated stuff and I think all the family programs like Family Matters etc. is all shyt that they would have on their own service.

According to this article, it just depends on the streaming rights these companies like Hulu & Netlfix signed to get the show on their service

WarnerMedia Streamer Eyes Reboots Of Warner Bros. TV TGIF Comedies Like ‘Step by Step’, ‘Perfect Strangers’ & ‘Family Matters’ – Deadline

Seinfield will go to WarnerMedia in 2021 after the Hulu deal is up, Friends is being pulled from Netflix. Idk how original shows like "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" and "YOU" work regarding Netflix since they're WB productions and Netflix are just listed as "Distributors" unlike Netflix's Marvel joints which were created exclusively for Netflix. Same with the recently announced "Sandman".

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
All this means is that nikkas who used to bootleg the shyt and stopped because of the convienance/quality of streaming will go back to bootlegging shyt they don't feel like paying for(if popo is reading this, I'm speaking rhetorically:mjpls:). If cats got tired of paying for cable, what makes you think they'd be comfortable keeping up with more recurring bill payments for multiple streaming services? The streaming bubble will burst just like the cable bubble did. These networks will recoup their losses, from their failed streaming services, by reverting to getting paid from the OG streaming providers to license their properties. Do you really think CBS All Access will last that long? Same for whatever NBC is calling their shyt? Disney+ might, actually will probably, be gucci, but that's pretty much it. Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime Video have the install base and will be able to pay the big networks/studios to let them play their shyt

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
According to this article, it just depends on the streaming rights these companies like Hulu & Netlfix signed to get the show on their service

WarnerMedia Streamer Eyes Reboots Of Warner Bros. TV TGIF Comedies Like ‘Step by Step’, ‘Perfect Strangers’ & ‘Family Matters’ – Deadline

Seinfield will go to WarnerMedia in 2021 after the Hulu deal is up, Friends is being pulled from Netflix. Idk how original shows like "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" and "YOU" work regarding Netflix since they're WB productions and Netflix are just listed as "Distributors" unlike Netflix's Marvel joints which were created exclusively for Netflix. Same with the recently announced "Sandman".

Well shyt.. if they gonna have Friends AND Seinfeld that's gonna be crazy...

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
All this means is that nikkas who used to bootleg the shyt and stopped because of the convienance/quality of streaming will go back to bootlegging shyt they don't feel like paying for

Was pirating before netflix. Will pirate after. No shame in my game. :wow:

Im keeping netflix and i'll also cop disney + for the mcu originals. Everything else goes on the external! :wow:

But yea most of this are fights for legendary sitcoms. It's better to just own all that yourself. I have full series downloads of

Martin
Fresh Prince
Living Single
Bernie Mac
Girlfriends
Jamie Foxx
Seinfeld
King Of Queens
Friends
The Office
Boy Meets world

All on my harddrive.

I only pay 175 per month for DirectTV
Get everything I want.
I don't understand the streaming fad.

Maybe because the rest of us are only spending less then 50$ a month and we also get everything we want :martin:

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That's not exactly what Netflix model currently is. They are spending billions on original content. Yes, they will buy up rights to movies and/or shows but most of their original content are deals that they have struck with creators to make these shows..

Netflix is paying creators billions to make shows for them exclusively. If the shows are good like on the level of Narcos or Stranger Things people gonna continue to sub

Their original content isn't what brought the people in though, it was older material. They recently changed their model, and you've sen an increase because of the forecast of the industry. Only a very small percentage will pick OG Netflix shows over older stuff. Early in the game, I was noticing that most of their OG shows were along the lines of stuff I would watch on BBC. Very few watch BBC, unless the internet Hive-Mind popularity take over. Especially at them batting like .200 with what becomes popular. The creators/production companies will go with whatever is more beneficial, and the powerhouses aren't even set up yet. Currently it was Netflix, but it won't be in the near future. Netflix will end up being for more Indie studios/projects. What will hurt them is the same thing that brought them, no real connections to the studios.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Listen I have a VPN and a NewsGroups account

1. Netflix will get my money (for now) because they are consistent with it

2. I get HBO for free via my AT&T bill

3. I get the Amazon shyt because I have Amazon Prime

Other than that, I'm not paying for shyt. These companies will learn the hard way that their desire to maximize profit is not a feasible game plan in a world where I can acquire EXACTLY what I want for FREE.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
meh I think these new streaming platforms are in for a rude awakening.
they're not gonna take off like they're hoping. Folks aren't buying all of these. I think majority of people will have Netflix, Disney, and Prime (mainly for the shipping not the TV) and that's it.

I was actually wondering what's going to happen to syndication with all of these networks getting into the stream game? They make more off syndication rights than they'll probably make off streaming but if you pull all these shows off streaming do you pull them from syndication? If not isn't that kinda half assing it?
You would think they'd learn from the music industry and then stream service war from a few years ago

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix, HULU/Disney+, and Amazon. I also have VRV and Funimation for anime. That’s it for me. My mom has Xfinity and I use her login info for anything else I want to watch. In exchange she uses my Netflix and Amazon.
How is Funimation? I was wondering about the amount of content they could possibly have