Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This shyt already exists fam, got all the trophies for it on PS4 matter of fact.:pachaha: If that game's setting is the "existing lore" these leaks reference that'd be dope, but considering TLR was actually an Xbox exclusive before the PC and PS4 ports down the line, and its historically poor reception and sales I doubt Square is particularly interested in revisiting it.

A Final Fantasy soulslike tho? :scust: Those type of games are more hackneyed and overdone than CoD at this point :unimpressed:

I’ll always remember the last remnant as the first broken game I’ve ever bought back on 360. Absolute garbage framerate.

I loved the idea of squad based JRPG battles at the time though

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
This shyt already exists fam, got all the trophies for it on PS4 matter of fact.:pachaha: If that game's setting is the "existing lore" these leaks reference that'd be dope, but considering TLR was actually an Xbox exclusive before the PC and PS4 ports down the line, and its historically poor reception and sales I doubt Square is particularly interested in revisiting it.

A Final Fantasy soulslike tho? :scust: Those type of games are more hackneyed and overdone than CoD at this point :unimpressed:

It’s not on the PC yet so :mjcry:

The original game on the PC has an FPS bug:mjcry:

Daps
It’s not on the PC yet so :mjcry:

The original game on the PC has an FPS bug:mjcry:

Damn you sure? I've played TLR all the way through multiple times on every version (even the booty ass 360 version when it first came out :scust:), know basically every in and out and bug/glitch/oddity there is to know about it, and I was never aware of an actual FPS "bug" that isn't just the game's poor optimization coming into play on individual hardware. Only reference I can find to FPS issues on the PC version is a gamefaqs thread from 12 years ago where some guy says he fixed his frame drops by renaming the .exe :heh:

The "remastered" version on PS4 is literally just the PC version ported onto console verbatim anyway, there's no gameplay additions or changes from it besides updated character portraits that look slightly different than the original and a janky bootleg "sprint" ability on the overworld that makes it easy to run around enemies and avoid random battles if you want. Apparently it runs on Unreal 4 instead of 3 so the textures and stuff are slightly updated, but I don't think it's anything noticeable over the steam version running at max settings. Try renaming your .exe or reinstalling maybe? It's delisted on steam now so it's either that or buy the "remaster" on PSN, but again considering it's the same damn game if you can get your PC version to work you aren't missing out on literally anything.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Damn you sure? I've played TLR all the way through multiple times on every version (even the booty ass 360 version when it first came out :scust:), know basically every in and out and bug/glitch/oddity there is to know about it, and I was never aware of an actual FPS "bug" that isn't just the game's poor optimization coming into play on individual hardware. Only reference I can find to FPS issues on the PC version is a gamefaqs thread from 12 years ago where some guy says he fixed his frame drops by renaming the .exe :heh:

The "remastered" version on PS4 is literally just the PC version ported onto console verbatim anyway, there's no gameplay additions or changes from it besides updated character portraits that look slightly different than the original and a janky bootleg "sprint" ability on the overworld that makes it easy to run around enemies and avoid random battles if you want. Apparently it runs on Unreal 4 instead of 3 so the textures and stuff are slightly updated, but I don't think it's anything noticeable over the steam version running at max settings. Try renaming your .exe or reinstalling maybe? It's delisted on steam now so it's either that or buy the "remaster" on PSN, but again considering it's the same damn game if you can get your PC version to work you aren't missing out on literally anything.

Good to know, I'll have to try that, I should be able to redownload on Steam.

Its one of the few RPGs I've wanted to finish for a while now. :wow:

My FPS goes to 200 and stays there:mjlol:

Now I think about it, pretty sure Unreal creates an .ini that I can cap the framerate in anyway.

Good looks :ehh:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I’m assuming it’ll be something like you’re a knight fighting the summons using mage attacks in the side