Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: So brehs is it safe to say that Tyler Perry is finished with these quality black movies that have come out in the last year ("Dear White People","Top Five", "Dope", and now "Straight Outta Compton")?

Wouldn't it be more like mission accomplished that he helped inspire the movement

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
For those that watched it...did it mention Dr. Dre before NWA..you know...

dre-1.jpg

Jards

All Star
Daps
hopes this opens doors for the Wu-Tang movie directed by RZA:ohlawd:
A wu movie would be garbage because the personalities are so unique no actors could do the characters justice....Rather see that documentary GZA did - that shyt looked lit.

Top 3 requested are a Pac movie and/or a death row movie and a cash money movie. The fukkery :ohlawd:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Down to 85%

But none of the negative reviews call it terrible.

From the reviews I've read the only "weakness" may be the direction :patrice:

Last edited:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cant see any female critic giving this movie a good review. matter of fact, only outright negative review was by a woman. if the nytimes have manohla dargis to review this film…:mjlol: lets hope its ao scott otherwise we gonna get feminism 101…..:mjcry:

this is one of those films i feel is critic proof though. lets be honest, im going for nostalgia reasons as much as anything….

Daps
I'm getting a white savior vibe from this movie:wtb:
I wasn't going to support this anyway, but i want to know if the writers/director, made the white people involved look innocent :patrice: