Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do wanna say when it came to them performing at the concerts they should've had a part where Ren got to spit a verse rather than just looking like a hype man.

Another thing was DOC kinda punking Eazy, shoulder checked him and called him a little nikka.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I do wanna say when it came to them performing at the concerts they should've had a part where Ren got to spit a verse rather than just looking like a hype man.

I think of everything in the movie, that's the one thing that wasn't even on the radar. Just like someone who said that Snoop was horribly miscast. Homie was barely in the movie, there was nothing to even say he was the right guy for the role. They did enough in that first half of the movie, or B.C. as I like to call it (Before Cube bounced) to really move the story and just be such a dope dope movie.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I was on IMDB, and just saw Thomas Jones (former NFL RB) was in this movie, but I forgot who he played.
Was he the dude who showed up at Jerry's house, or the dude that they had stripped down at Death Row's Office?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think of everything in the movie, that's the one thing that wasn't even on the radar. Just like someone who said that Snoop was horribly miscast. Homie was barely in the movie, there was nothing to even say he was the right guy for the role. They did enough in that first half of the movie, or B.C. as I like to call it (Before Cube bounced) to really move the story and just be such a dope dope movie.
I don't think the 2nd half is as bad a folks are making it out to be, at some point the movie had to slow down :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think the 2nd half is as bad a folks are making it out to be, at some point the movie had to slow down :manny:

It's not about the slow down, and I don't even think it's bad, just not as good as the first half and here's why: It becomes a typical Biopic in the 2nd half and just becomes a greatest hits compilation of their story. Cube going solo? Check. Wet n Wild party? Check. Dre meeting his future wife? Check. Snoop obligatory cameo? Check. Creation of Nuthin but a G Thang? Check. Cube writing Friday? Check. Along with all the time hopping and then the mixing and matching of timelines for the Pac thing or just the lack of development with why Dre left Deathrow since it just comes out of nowhere. Yeah he sees Suge doing crazy shyt but they were doing crazy shyt as a group and he only left the group because he was getting the no vaseline treatment. It's one great half a movie and the other is just good or okay. It's not a crime at all, but it's kinda weird to go that route when the first half was more of a narrative and the 2nd is almost like a collection of episodic scenes

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‘Straight Outta Compton’ Tops Box Office

LOS ANGELES — The N.W.A. biopic “Straight Outta Compton,” backed by a sophisticated marketing campaign, touched a cultural nerve over the weekend, taking in $56.1 million at the domestic box office, an astounding total for an R-rated drama.

That blockbuster result — it beat the debuts of big-budget summer movies like “Terminator Genisys” and “Mad Max: Fury Road” — positions the strongly reviewed “Straight Outta Compton” to become one of the biggest dramas of the year. It cost Universal and Legendary Entertainment about $29 million to make. Universal’s success with “Straight Outta Compton” was a humiliation for Warner Bros., which passed on the opportunity to make the biopic. It was considered risky in part because of its racially charged subject matter.

Warner also suffered a flop over the weekend, with “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” taking in an estimated $13.5 million, according to Rentrak, which compiles box-office data. The well-reviewed “U.N.C.L.E.,” a big-screen remake of the 1960s-era spy television series, cost at least $80 million to make. Warner, which has suffered a string of disappointments this summer, spent an additional $31.2 million on 47 different “U.N.C.L.E.” television ads, according to the analytics firm iSpot.tv. (To compare, Universal spent about $23 million on 29 different television ads for “Compton,” iSpot said.)

“Straight Outta Compton,” directed by F. Gary Gray and counting Ice Cube and Dr. Dre as producers, had a troubled shoot and prompted some theaters to heighten security, in part because of recent attacks on moviegoers. But Mr. Gray’s film, which depicts police mistreatment of African-Americans in the 1980s, rolled out without significant incident — a reflection, in part, of the success of Universal marketers in tapping, but not provoking, current racial restlessness in cities across the nation.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well
Dre just keeps winning:wow:

Last edited: