Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Just got back from seeing it. Of all of the actors in the movie the guy playing eazy did a great job capturing his charisma.

The part that immediately stuck out was the 2pac scene with him recording makaveli & dre immediately puts on california love, the timeline doesn't add up. Its very rare for a person to die from aids complications one month after a diagnosis. He could've had HIV for a while and you can go to full blown aids quick but back in those times people didnt look at HIV/AIDS like that.

The movie was very accurate. I remember in real life back then cube was talking about eazy eating steak & lobster while the group ate burgers. Dre had a lot of money problems so I understand him taking that deal & cube still went through hell to get paid.

Dre left NWA broke with nothing and the same with death row. Good things finally came full circle for him. I wish they showed ren being more influential. But whenever you have a biopic made, there will ALWAYS be people who were involved complain.

Overall an excellent movie & I would definitely watch it again.
I agree the guy playing easy e did the best job imo. I thought he really played it perfectly. He was showing signs of hiv for a while in the movie. By the time he got to the hospital he had full blown aids :mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The original cut is supposed to be 3 hours and 30 minutes, so I'm hoping they had scenes about Dre Day filmed. I understand why they would choose to keep G Thang in over Dre Day if the case was they only had enough time to show one or the other.

I get it but it does a disservice to your story. It's a fan moment which is cute but meh

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If this was an HBO series then yeah I would expect Dee Barnes, Dre Day/Real muthafukkin Gs, DPG and maybe more Bone but in a 2 1/2 hour movie I think they got it mostly right. There's some issues but it's still very good and I'm hoping the director's cut will delve into some of the shyt that got left out.

Daps
:russ:@the NWA groupies negging me for criticizing their daddies hypocrisy....the crackbaby generation lacks logic so i'm surprised though:yeshrug:.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Great movie gotta :salute:The director and the actors for this, loved every bit of it. I am surprised that they lefted out Dre Day and Real Motherfukking G's, that's history right there can't leave that out:wtf:. Not tripping over the timeline of Pac showing up in the movie, if I'm not mistaking wasn't there some type of deal that was trying to get him over to Death Row before he went to Jail, since they all was under the same parent company. But anyway the movie wasn't about PAC,Bone Thugs, or Dre slapping Dee Barns it was about the group.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I went to watch this yesterday. I went with a friend and his girlfriend. She had no idea who these guys were and never even heard the name. :beli: Just how god damn white you got to be? I know this is a pointless story but it just boiled my blood a little I don't know why lmao.

But to the movie. LOVED IT!

I was born in the 90s and wasn't able to witness this shyt. I see some old heads nitpicking the movie so much. Being a die hard fan who knows everything might not have been such a positive from the start. I knew coming in that not everything would make sense or would be true. It's a big movie event not a documentary. So I wasn't coming in thinking they would follow everything faithfully. So Dre being super tough didn't effect me or anything.

Only thing people should complain about is how they portray Eazy stacking L's after the break up, They did show Bone thugs was about to blow up before he died but still isn't cool how they made him seem that he can't do shyt with out the group so he had to revert back to weed.
I guess we can nitpick that pac scene too but ehh who cares really its not like it destroyed the movie :yeshrug:

People are complaining about Ren and Yella not getting more screen time. I felt the time was fair. The movie was over 2 hours and still only scratch the surface. People are acting like its easy to put a decade of history into a 2 hour film. I see dudes posting shyt on how yella and ren did things after the group too but come on. Dr Dre's slow rise to being one of the biggest artist and wealthiest rapper of all time, Ice cubes classic music career after the group and his huge success getting into the movie game- making some of the biggest movies for blacks/ all culture worldwide, and Eazy's shocking Aids incident causing his death needed to have the main focus for something that is only a movie other than two guys who had a "solid" career after..

If this was a series tv show they could take time to explain everything but its not. Honestly they still did good at filling us in a summary version.

Classic movie, just give this time. The movie made me realize how much of a cube fan I am.

Daps
When Eazy and the Samoans walk into the Tunnel, isn't a member of Bone with them? There was a dude that walked in at the same time with a durag, headband and I think a jersey. But then he kinda just wanders off so idk.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I get it but it does a disservice to your story. It's a fan moment which is cute but meh

Agreed. I felt that the Snoop and Pac cameos were more fan moments than actual necessities to the story and kind of hurt the authenticity of the story a bit and made those scenes feel like something out of the Notorious movie.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
According 2 exit polls, audiences 4 t #straightouttacompton were evenly divided btw genders, 51% < 30 yrs, 46% were black & 23% Caucasian.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to watch this yesterday. I went with a friend and his girlfriend. She had no idea who these guys were and never even heard the name. :beli: Just how god damn white you got to be? I know this is a pointless story but it just boiled my blood a little I don't know why lmao.

Did she end up liking the movie though?lol

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City

Saw the movie on Friday and had an annoying white bytch throw up gang signs and soo woo every time Suge was on screen. :francis:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I know right....where was Nate Dogg, RBX, DJ Quik, Danny Boy, Jodeci, Miche'le, JJ Fad, Will I Am, the Twinzz, Warren G, Mr. Malik, Trey D, Bad Azz, baby Kendrick Lamar, lil 1/2 Dead, Joe Cool, the chick from Ice T's Power cover, BG Knocc Out, DJ Pooh, Big Syke, Left Eye, Big Boy, MC Eiht, Cypress Hill, Mack 10, WC, and Lady of Rage.

:mjpls:
BG Knocc Out doesn't belong in this list. He was around Eazy during his last three years more than Cube, Dre and Ren.

He was the one who found Eazy laying on the floor hardly breathing and told the bodyguards to take him to the hospital.