Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
I look at all the gripes like this:

nikkas liked that Temptations movie right?

What if they knew Blue actually died in the hospital after weeks of deteriorating health, not suddenly after rolling into the kitchen?

Or that Ruffin wasnt actually smoking crack because the Reunion tour was in '82 and crack didn't emerge until '84-'85?

Or that the dude Al didn't get kicked out the group after hittin' Paul in the head with the bottle, but after a SECOND incident?

Or that... y'all get the point.

Obviously everything ain't gonna be to the tee... but when you got 2 and a half hours to cover like 9 years... I think they did a great damn job. There's things that coulda been a lil tighter/better, but in a biopic, some of the more meticulous details are gonna get melded together. Really the only thing I think was really left out was the Dre Day/Real Gs timeframe... even if it only got a minute or two, it'd been a notable addition.
According to Otis, during a performance, Eddie, Paul, and Melvin were doing their dance steps and when Otis started to join them Al pulled him aside and told him to let them handle the dance steps "while we look pretty (pause) for the bytches."

Daps
okay so i finally found a stream of this online last night...around the half way mark when Cube discuses with Dre contractual concerns he he had with Easy and their white pimp fukking them was a dull point i turned off and went to bed..So far the movie is is okay..maybe cause i've long grown out of the looking up to rapper phase and was always a casual rap fan to begin with i fail to see what the hype is about and i kept help but :stopitslime:at the fact NWA are being portrayed as just a few kids whom made it out the hood and were persecuted by racist cops and government for speaking their truth:childplease:.Yeah cause of the raps bout NWA dropping bodies on wax were reality tales,the man didn't fund NWA careers, and glorifying black on black genocide angers and scares the white power structure:comeon:

Last edited:
Daps
I'm starting to think that they didn't do real muthafucckin gs because that would somewhat reveal that easy was still making money off of dre and that kinda conflicts with how they portrayed easy post NWA.

That and the whole idea of a "studio gangster" doesn't fit with Super Saiyan Dre knocking out bloods and daring the other strapped bloods in the room to do anything about it. :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I know right....where was Nate Dogg, RBX, DJ Quik, Danny Boy, Jodeci, Miche'le, JJ Fad, Will I Am, the Twinzz, Warren G, Mr. Malik, Trey D, Bad Azz, baby Kendrick Lamar, lil 1/2 Dead, Joe Cool, the chick from Ice T's Power cover, BG Knocc Out, DJ Pooh, Big Syke, Left Eye, Big Boy, MC Eiht, Cypress Hill, Mack 10, WC, and Lady of Rage.

:mjpls:
You forgot hammer! He was on. Death row too!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
okay so i finally found a stream of this online last night...around the half way mark when Cube discuses with Dre contractual concerns he he had with Easy and their cac manger fukking them was a dull point i turned off and went to bed..So far the movie is is okay..maybe cause i've long grown out of the looking up to rapper phase and was always a casual rap fan to begin with i fail to see what the hype is about and i kept help but :stopitslime:at the fact NWA are being portrayed as just a few kids whom made it out the hood and were persecuted by racist cops and government for speaking their truth:childplease:.Yeah cause of the raps bout NWA dropping bodies on wax were reality tales,the man didn't fund NWA careers, and glorifying black on black genocide angers and scares the white power structure:comeon:
Here is the "quote" you've been so desperately seeking in this thread. No one agrees with you and your contrarian opinion isn't derailing the lovefest and critiques of the movie in this thread. Go start a thread in the booth for your rant, you might get better traction. :snooze:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Exactly. Where the fukk was Daz and Kurupt? They left ALOT out of this movie honestly. It was still great though. It should have focused strictly on NWA though. Hopefully a sequel comes out that does justice to the death row era

The problem with a death row sequel is that the two best characters from this movie in cube and eazy wouldn't be in it.

Daps
Here is the "quote" you've been so desperately seeking in this thread. No one agrees with you and your contrarian opinion isn't derailing the lovefest and critiques of the movie in this thread. Go start a thread in the booth for your rant, you might get better traction. :snooze:

my bad for disturbing the motion of this circle jerk...I was trolling,,, as a blackman i haven't been as inspired by an film since "Malcolm X":blessed:

i mean the opening scene with Easy fleeing the dope house after that failed drug deal as the cops raided was an iconic moment in black cinematic history worth the admission alone,,,,it was very reminiscent and just as powerful of the scene of Kunta fleeing the slave catchers and running for his freedom in "Roots.":mjcry:

NWA were not only revolutionaries and of the voiceless desperate black youth but the closet thing to leaders of the community since the Black Panthers.

in honor of the black excellence that is NWA i want to dedicate one of their uplifting classic they made for their Nubian queens to you.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
For me that doesn't take anything away from the film overall but it is one of those annoyances and rush jobs. Like when he gets pulled over by the cops in a freaking high speed chance, the outcome is dropped and it would've been great to see how it played out since his girl was just giving him reasons why she's hesitant to move in with him and then he does that dumb shyt. Would've been a nice pay off but they let it go in the wind. Then Dre tells Eazy that he's not proud of his part in the bullshyt when we never saw him do anything not to be proud of:deadrose:. No "Dre Day" no nothing and I figured rather than showing Dre work on Nothin but a G thang for no reason, they should've showed him working on Dre Day

The original cut is supposed to be 3 hours and 30 minutes, so I'm hoping they had scenes about Dre Day filmed. I understand why they would choose to keep G Thang in over Dre Day if the case was they only had enough time to show one or the other.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
my bad for disturbing the motion of this circle jerk...I was trolling,,, as a blackman i haven't been as inspired by an film since "Malcolm X":blessed:

i mean the opening scene with Easy fleeing the dope house after that failed drug deal as the cops raided was an iconic moment in black cinematic history worth the admission alone,,,,it was very reminiscent and just as powerful of the scene of Kunta fleeing the slave catchers and running for his freedom in "Roots.":mjcry:

NWA were not only revolutionaries and of the voiceless desperate black youth but the closet thing to leaders of the community since the Black Panthers.

in honor of the black excellence that is NWA i want to dedicate one of their uplifting classic they made for their Nubian queens to you.

Just for that, I'm seeing that film again.

Deadman187

All Star
Daps
what I don't understand about Dre's :duck:is that his whole history is out there already, so who is he REALLY trying to convince? why even lie and fabricate your personality, when everybody knows already Dre aint about that life unless it concerns women. And Eazy wouldn't be sad about a Chronic billboard, because he was making money off that album. And Ruthless was still successful after Dre left

MC RenKizz My Black Azz - Platinum
MC RenShock of the Hour - Gold
Bone Thugs-n-HarmonyE. 1999 Eternal - 5 x Platinum
Eazy-EStr8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton - Gold
Eazy-E5150: Home 4 tha Sick - Gold
Eazy-EIt's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa 2 x Platinum
Bone Thugs-n-HarmonyCreepin on ah Come Up 2 x Platinum