Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
how was mc ren? he get alot of screen time or they act like he was in the background

I just saw this today, and I commented to my wife specifically that ren didn't even talk til like 1hr into the movie.

As for the rest, I loved the movie, and even after 2.5 hrs, it feels like they just scratched the surface.

Little cube and the cat that played eazy really stole the show IMO.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dre and Snoop I grew up on and I got nuthin but love for them but their quick mood change in '96 never sat right with me. It never made sense. :manny:
How doesn't it make sense? Dudes knew where all that fukkery ends. Suge was on 100 by that time...death row had a lot of scopes aimed at them . dre's change of tune wasnt overnight, you know he wouldn't have wanted to walk away from Pac, they coulda made classics on classics, but dude got fed up. He had been in the industry long enough to know he could do it on his own without all the drama. Dre never was the face of the whole fukk the east movement, he was about putting on for the west tho.

Snoop on the other hand had that wake up call with his murder charge, he had contract and royalty payment issues with death row, death row had legal issues, Pac died, and dre left...his whole change in direction made sense. These dudes grew up...

Daps
Just came back from the show..

When Cube/Oshea Jr was performing No Vaseline, the whole theater was reacting like they were watching a basketball game...

All you heard was "OOHHHH" "AHHH!!!!" "OH shyt!!!"" DAYUuuuM!!!!"

Im glad the younger fans got to hear what real diss records sound like..

For real. Which is why I'm still so disappointed they chose not to show fukk Wit Dre Day/Real Muthafukkin G'z. Those were some GREAT diss records. :wow:

I'd love to hear Gray address this in an interview.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
man this goddamn movie gonna get me Amadou Diallo'd :snoop:
im on some fukk the police! the security guard! the transit cop! the muthafukka you give your 1's to when you going through the NJ Turnpike
i might run through a junior high just to say fukk you to a hall monitor :pacspit:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
:pachaha:

11363795_852981021464464_157508771_n.jpg

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
In this movie, they make it seem like eazy is broke once dre and cube left. But in the early 90s he was back making money with bone.

Yea that shyt had me kinda bewildered. Like I ain't the biggest easy fan but even I knew he was making money off dre snoop and bone.

But I guess they needed a bigger fall from grace than just the aids shyt.