Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho

Not everything is going to make the final cut. F. Gary Gray has already said they had to cut 30 minutes from the film.

It's difficult to include everything when you essentially have 5 main characters plus a bunch of side stories.

The message still got across that there were serious issues between Ruthless and Deathrow but they clearly wanted it to show it was more of a Heller/Knight thing than a Dre/Eazy thing.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how was mc ren? he get alot of screen time or they act like he was in the background

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
how was mc ren? he get alot of screen time or they act like he was in the background

I felt he got enough. He had some good lines and they made it clear that he was a great mc/writer in his own right. Yella was crazy in this had the whole theater laughing a bunch of times :russ:

that's another thing. this film made it clear how important writing lyrics is to the entire process.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I think she brung up Bone because the movie protrays that Ruthless wasn't shyt after Cube and Dre left and that just isn't true.

Heller said they were straight with Above the Law, Bone, etc. Yella was saying that Bone was about to blow the fukk up before he died.

Eazy only looked fukked up financially in the movie because of what Heller was doing to him behind his back.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It almost seemed like Dre changed his tune overnight. I remember he had a rough '95 maybe a jail stint or halfway house, can't remember exactly if that's from the car incident or not but I believe he won the rap VMA for Keep their heads ringin'.. there were all those political groups trying to stop interscope from releasing more music from Death Row. Dre is at the VMAs talkin bout "Dogg Food is coming out whether they like it or not, we'll sell these records out the trunk if we have to"

Then in early '96 he's making music with Pac and him and Pac are on MTV Jams promoting AEOM. Dre seemed happy to be working with Pac, I saw the footage of them behind the scenes of California Love and he knew what the deal was with Pac/Suge going at Bad Boy. Pac was already mentioning Faith and shyt.

All of a sudden it's Summer '96 and everything goes to hell, Dre starts talkin bout he has no issues with anyone from the east and he's unhappy with all the fukkery at Death Row and he starts Aftermath.

Snoop is with Pac at the VMAs but you can tell Snoop ain't really feelin all that "fukk Bad Boy" shyt even tho if you remember back to the Source Awards the year prior Snoop is right in the middle of all the "fukk the east" shyt... pointing, being disrespectful.

Dre and Snoop I grew up on and I got nuthin but love for them but their quick mood change in '96 never sat right with me. It never made sense. :manny:

I think Dre and Snoop knew that the label was getting worse and they were gonna be caught in some fukkery. Remember Snoop body guard shoots dude and Johnny Cockeran wins the case for Snoop where he doesn't go to prison. That case was so much pressure on Snoop that even said he wanted to change his life.

During that time there were all sorts of rumors that Dre wanted to leave death row and suge and his goons were wilding out.

I just think they were smart enough to see the writing on the wall and to say lets get out of here before we burn some bridges and or get over selves killed.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Speaking of tomika or tamika or whatever da bishs name is was or will ever will be. Hopsin apparently didn't like her either.

Tomica forced herself on Eazy. Eazy was in the hospital and may not have even been conscious when they got 'married'.

She isn't his real widow. She's pure evil. She did Eazy's legacy dirty and did his children worse.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Haven't seen the movie but from what I remember Dre was hiding in his house when he wanted to leave death row.

Either he called the police or suge boys busted in their and Dre signed over all his master so that he could be released from death row. That is why suge had all that old death row material.
In the movie after Eazy dies, Dre just walks into Death Row and tells Suge he's out and Suge just lets him go but not before asking what he's going to call his new label. Dre turns to the camera and says "Aftermath":youngsabo:

Last edited:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I felt he got enough. He had some good lines and they made it clear that he was a great mc/writer in his own right. Yella was crazy in this had the whole theater laughing a bunch of times :russ:

that's another thing. this film made it clear how important writing lyrics is to the entire process.
:heh:

:troll:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the movie after Eazy dies, Dre just walks into Death Row and tells Suge he's out and Suge just lets him go but not before asking what he's going to call his new label. Dre turns to the camera and says "Aftermath":jawalrus:

Haha now you know that is some Hollywood shyt. Suge was hanging vanilla ice out the window by his legs for his masters or a cut of his music. But he gonna let Dre walk out like nothing..... Too funny.