Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Dpc292

Banned
Daps
When Dre walked into that Suge party with the dogs while Pac was in the other room, who was the butch lesbian with the gun was she anybody special?
Probably some groupie that didn't know her role.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
As everyone else said. This is a classic.

The first half is better than the second half.

And I was upset that they didn't do real muthafucckin gs and dreday.

Probably the first time I've ever said this for a movie that was already long but it could've been a lil bit longer. The first half is so fleshed out and the second half starts to feel like a vh1 flick.

Cube son was dope. Like it scary how much of his dad's mannerisms he had.

Really wanted to here "for the love of money" too :ohlawd:
Yeah the second half pretty much highlighted the fact that Eazy, Dre and Cube really didn't have anything to do with each other after Dre left for Deathrow. Their individual stories from then on was just random events from each of them like the Dre police chase that we never saw the aftermath of...

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yeah the second half pretty much highlighted the fact that Eazy, Dre and Cube really didn't have anything to do with each other after Dre left for Deathrow. Their individual stories from then on was just random events from each of them like the Dre police chase that we never saw the aftermath of...

Wait that was real? :ohhh:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Wait that was real? :ohhh:
yep:russ:

Rapper Dr. Dre Sentenced To 8 Months In Prison

By W. Speers This story contains information from the Associated Press, Reuters, New York Post, New York Daily News, New York Times, USA Today, Orange County Register and Inquirer television columnist Gail Shister
POSTED: September 01, 1994
Dr. Dre got sent to jail for eight months in L.A. for violating probation after pleading no contest Tuesday to drunken-driving charges.

The rapper, also fined $1,053 and ordered into an alcohol education program, was put on probation last year after being convicted of breaking a man's jaw outside his girlfriend's house. He got 90 days jail time in that case and paid the victim restitution.

Dre - real name Andre Young - was last arrested Jan. 10 after leading cops on a 90 m.p.h. chase through Beverly Hills in his 1987 Ferrari. Police said his blood-alcohol reading was twice the legal limit. In 1991 Dre, 28, got two years probation for smashing MTV host Dee Barnes.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Just came back from the show..

When Cube/Oshea Jr was performing No Vaseline, the whole theater was reacting like they were watching a basketball game...

All you heard was "OOHHHH" "AHHH!!!!" "OH shyt!!!"" DAYUuuuM!!!!"

Im glad the younger fans got to hear what real diss records sound like..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It almost seemed like Dre changed his tune overnight. I remember he had a rough '95 maybe a jail stint or halfway house, can't remember exactly if that's from the car incident or not but I believe he won the rap VMA for Keep their heads ringin'.. there were all those political groups trying to stop interscope from releasing more music from Death Row. Dre is at the VMAs talkin bout "Dogg Food is coming out whether they like it or not, we'll sell these records out the trunk if we have to"

Then in early '96 he's making music with Pac and him and Pac are on MTV Jams promoting AEOM. Dre seemed happy to be working with Pac, I saw the footage of them behind the scenes of California Love and he knew what the deal was with Pac/Suge going at Bad Boy. Pac was already mentioning Faith and shyt.

All of a sudden it's Summer '96 and everything goes to hell, Dre starts talkin bout he has no issues with anyone from the east and he's unhappy with all the fukkery at Death Row and he starts Aftermath.

Snoop is with Pac at the VMAs but you can tell Snoop ain't really feelin all that "fukk Bad Boy" shyt even tho if you remember back to the Source Awards the year prior Snoop is right in the middle of all the "fukk the east" shyt... pointing, being disrespectful.

Dre and Snoop I grew up on and I got nuthin but love for them but their quick mood change in '96 never sat right with me. It never made sense. :manny:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Best movie i've seen this year:yeshrug:
The music, the actors, the women, everything was amazing
I don't think Dre walked away from Suge that easily though:mjlol:

Haven't seen the movie but from what I remember Dre was hiding in his house when he wanted to leave death row.

Either he called the police or suge boys busted in their and Dre signed over all his master so that he could be released from death row. That is why suge had all that old death row material.