Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
Very dope movie...I loved it

That pac scene was :patrice: ...kinda out of place...they should've had him recording another song and not be so giddy & groupie-ish around Dre...but other than that everybody did a good job...there was times i had to remember that wasn't actually Cube playing himself lol...his son did good...the actor who played Eazy really shined...even Suge's actor did good

The Theater was really into this...everybody laughed when Eazy recorded Boyz N the hood....clapped at the Detroit performance...laughed at the No Vaseline scene...u could feel the sadness in there during Eazy death bed scene...and they all gave a standing O at the end....I loved the experience...Def gonna see it again

8.5 outta 10

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this last night. Dudes in the back of the theater started beefing during the scene where Eazy was finding out about Jerry's shady ways. "Suck ya mudder" and "I'll see you outside after the movie" were heard, and a shook-looking dude walked out.

Anyway, I thought it was very good, but could have been better. The main character performances were all great, but the writing and direction were lacking in parts. Some of the shots and angles the director chose weren't the best.

Leaving out Dre Day/Real MFN G's was odd, but I can only think that there will be a Death Row movie coming at some point where they'll be included.

The scene where Eazy confronts Jerry was awful. Probably because they're scared Jerry will sue them, but what an awfully written scene. They literally have the same exchange twice. In a movie with an hour's worth of cuts, that easily could have been trimmed. And at the end of the scene you focus on Jerry's pain, not Eazy's feelings of betrayal? Awful directorial choice.

Eazy was definitely shorted on the post-NWA side of things. They made it look like his life was falling apart. He was doing great until he got sick. And they teased out the coughing jags too much. Fantastic job by Jason Mitchell on the performance. The hospital scenes were excellent. :mjcry:

Corey Hawkins playing Dre did a great job, but the way his character was written was ridiculous. Ppl have touched on him supermanning himself up and leaving out any negative incidents or traits and it's all true.

Cube's son was fantastic as well. His was probably the best written character, and most true to life. When he punked that old sandbagging interviewer, that was the biggest laugh of the movie in my theater.

Yella and Ren were good too, obviously more minor parts but I wouldn't say they got shorted at all. Dude playing Yella was really good, comedic through most of it and really touching during the hospital scene.

Lastly, Tupac and Snoop. Marcc Rose might look like Pac but didn't capture his energy at all. My wife was like "is that supposed to be Tupac?" :usure:He needs to keep going to acting class and watching old clips if he wants that part in the biopic. Dude who played Snoop didn't look much like him but I thought he performed well enough.

LOL which theatre is this?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very dope movie...I loved it

That pac scene was :patrice: ...kinda out of place...they should've had him recording another song and not be so giddy & groupie-ish around Dre...but other than that everybody did a good job...there was times i had to remember that wasn't actually Cube playing himself lol...his son did good...the actor who played Eazy really shined...even Suge's actor did good

The Theater was really into this...everybody laughed when Eazy recorded Boyz N the hood....clapped at the Detroit performance...laughed at the No Vaseline scene...u could feel the sadness in there during Eazy death bed scene...and they all gave a standing O at the end....I loved the experience...Def gonna see it again

8.5 outta 10

This is one of those movies that HAS to be seen at the movies. Yella's scenes always got laughs, Bye Felicia, Cube punking off the interview and that one scene where Dre is cussing at everyone at Death Row and goes to that one guy "And who the fukk are you?" :russ: