STOP THE LIES! BLACK PEOPLE NEVER SUPPORTED THE 94 CRIME BILL

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
You have changed your screen name numerous times.

bytch ass nikka I aint never changed my name nor my avatar since I been here . Thats why the mods clipping your ass, lying and shyt. Enjoy the borrowed time your account is on you clown.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
bytch ass nikka I aint never changed my name nor my avatar since I been here . Thats why the mods clipping your ass, lying and shyt. Enjoy the borrowed time your account is on you clown.
You would love that to happen, unfortunately you ain't me.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Let me stop you right there, because what you're saying sounds like the denigration of what black Americans went through because of the 1994 crime Bill. Are you saying that it's not devastating then and now, because the bill is still in action?

And if you want to talk about the crack epidemic, Biden made that even worse with his cocaine laws that he pressured Ronald Reagan into passing. So not only did he write bills that gave sentences to those same black people you are talking about affected by crack cocaine, with the introduction of the 94 crime Bill any kind of criminal charges after that could lead a crackhead to be in jail for the rest of his life just because he smoked crack.
I don't think you understood. First off I stated the bill was draconian and needs to be changed now. Get that part straight off top. What I'm saying sounds like the denigration of what black Americans went through because of the 1994 crime bill? Huh? What I'm saying is that CRACK ITSELF brought it's own kind of devastation to the black community. Then yes, the '94 crime bill in a draconian manner, attempted to correct that epidemic but yes of course it just caused more damage to the community by locking people away for ridiculous amounts of time. Point being, it was created to address a an issue that was devastating the black community. And in some ways it seems weird to skip over that part. Like the bill was just brought about for nothing.

Also consider, the 94 crime bill is a FEDERAL bill. Federal inmates make up only 10% of the inmate population. The other 90% are the individual states. And please don't get it mixed - there were ALREADY severe penalties in place for these crimes in many states. The War on Drugs started in the 70's.

The point is, was the bill bad for the black community? YES. But why it the first criticism brought up of Biden? Many black people were in agreement with it. People whose families had been DEVASTATED by the crack game. And we love to say that selling drugs is non-violent. And yes thats true...sort of. Giving someone money for drugs is not in and of itself a violent act. But between you and me, if you out there selling drugs and you ain't got a burner on you, you doing it wrong. Nyqqas die daily from violence in the drug game. As do innocent bystanders.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
I don't think you understood. First off I stated the bill was draconian and needs to be changed now. Get that part straight off top. What I'm saying sounds like the denigration of what black Americans went through because of the 1994 crime bill? Huh? What I'm saying is that CRACK ITSELF brought it's own kind of devastation to the black community. Then yes, the '94 crime bill in a draconian manner, attempted to correct that epidemic but yes of course it just caused more damage to the community by locking people away for ridiculous amounts of time. Point being, it was created to address a an issue that was devastating the black community. And in some ways it seems weird to skip over that part. Like the bill was just brought about for nothing.

Also consider, the 94 crime bill is a FEDERAL bill. Federal inmates make up only 10% of the inmate population. The other 90% are the individual states. And please don't get it mixed - there were ALREADY severe penalties in place for these crimes in many states. The War on Drugs started in the 70's.

The point is, was the bill bad for the black community? YES. But why it the first criticism brought up of Biden? Many black people were in agreement with it. People whose families had been DEVASTATED by the crack game. And we love to say that selling drugs is non-violent. And yes thats true...sort of. Giving someone money for drugs is not in and of itself a violent act. But between you and me, if you out there selling drugs and you ain't got a burner on you, you doing it wrong. Nyqqas die daily from violence in the drug game. As do innocent bystanders.
This is exactly what I thought it would be. The denigration of the genocidal 94 crime bill.

You say it is a federal bill, but you don't say that it incentivizes states to follow the federal bills guidelines, so that they can receive federal funding. Luckily I've already stated that earlier in this topic..

Bear in mind that this bill is still in effect, and Joe Biden has no plans of repealing his own genocidal policy.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
That 94 crime bill was all types of wrong. I was 16 at the time, from East Orange, NJ, with family and friends in Newark. This was the New Jersey Drive era. So I clearly remember what things were like. Something had to be done. That crime bill wasn't it though. The crime bill was just more of let's bust some skulls, and not deal with the actual problem of what is causing everything, and enable the police to get away with whatever. This crime bill wasn't about doing anything for blacks, but instead, and from a NJ perspective, for making whites a 20 and 30 minute ride up route 78 and 280, feel safer knowing that law enforcement is cracking down on shyt. So they can feel safer being in Newark while working at Prudential, Gateway, Seton Hall Law, Rutgers etc. Blacks did want something. They wanted those who were terrorizing the neighborhoods to be dealt with. They wanted to feel safe when their kids were outside playing being kids. What they didn't want was to be treated exactly like those criminals. Which didn't matter to someone up in Berkeley Heights because we're all the same to them anyway.
I was 13 and agree 100%. The lil boys i knew, in my building, in my 6th grade class, were legit decimated- 1/3- 1/2 dead or in jail by the end of hs- first by the fall out from crack, and then by this crime bill.

BOTH problems caused by the fukking government, dems and reps. I better not look back and see Biden was on the committee that investigated iran contra. :rudy:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This is exactly what I thought it would be. The denigration of the genocidal 94 crime bill.

You say it is a federal bill, but you don't say that it incentivizes states to follow the federal bills guidelines, so that they can receive federal funding. Luckily I've already stated that earlier in this topic..

Bear in mind that this bill is still in effect, and Joe Biden has no plans of repealing his own genocidal policy.
And you have left out and ignored the impact the crack trade had on black communities.

Answer this - "What would you do to fix it"? Lets go all out and say get rid of the crime bill in total. All gone, back to pre-'94 crime bill laws. You do realize that using and selling crack would STILL be illegal right? Lets say the sentences were drastically reduced. You get caught with 10 kilos? Maximum 5 years in prison. In your mind would that significantly help our community? Less time in prison yes of course thats great. But as far as strengthening the community? You would have a lot of brothers out there, maybe not in prison but on probation and with criminal records for either selling or using. Same fukked up situation in the hood, just less jail time. My point is, please dont act like the '94 crime bill was by itself in devastating our community. The trade that it tried to address came first. It devastated our communities first. That needs to be addressed as well. Just burning up the '94 Crime Bill is not enough.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
And you have left out and ignored the impact the crack trade had on black communities.
I never left that out, in fact I stated that Joe Biden has made the crack trade even worse on black communities with his harsh crack cocaine laws that he forced Ronald Reagan to pass.

Everything you said is the result of Joe Biden's laws.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I never left that out, in fact I stated that Joe Biden has made the crack trade even worse on black communities with his harsh crack cocaine laws that he forced Ronald Reagan to pass.

Everything you said is the result of Joe Biden's laws.
So I’m response to my question what happens if you just get rid of the crime bill then what? The bill didn’t criminalize the crack trade, just provided harsher penalties. So get rid of it. The crack problem is still there and black people will still be going to jail, albeit for less time. And despite the harsh laws today, there are still repeat offenders. So you know if the sentences are decreased it’s gonna be a lot of repeaters. When the hustlers find out you only get 5 years for 10 kilos?? Shyyytttt.

Would that make it better? Or do we still have a problem that needs to be addressed?

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
So I’m response to my question what happens if you just get rid of the crime bill then what? The bill didn’t criminalize the crack trade, just provided harsher penalties. So get rid of it. The crack problem is still there and black people will still be going to jail, albeit for less time. And despite the harsh laws today, there are still repeat offenders. So you know if the sentences are decreased it’s gonna be a lot of repeaters. When the hustlers find out you only get 5 years for 10 kilos?? Shyyytttt.

Would that make it better? Or do we still have a problem that needs to be addressed?
All of this is a defense of the 94 crime bill you know this right?

I am not a law maker. Joe Biden isn't even talking about dismantling his 94 crime bill, he is proud of it. so why are you even saying these things?

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
If you bytching about the crime bill in 94, you aren’t old enough to remember how bad 88-98 was in inner cities. In a high school of maybe 450 people, I personally new about 10 people murdered each year from my sophomore through senior year; all related to drug trafficking. The first time I saw crack I was in the 5th grade, long before my parents had the “drug” talk with me. It was nothing to be offered $100-$200 to make a quick drop off even before I was in the 7th grade.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
If you bytching about the crime bill in 94, you aren’t old enough to remember how bad 88-98 was in inner cities. In a high school of maybe 450 people, I personally new about 10 people murdered each year from my sophomore through senior year; all related to drug trafficking. The first time I saw crack I was in the 5th grade, long before my parents had the “drug” talk with me. It was nothing to be offered $100-$200 to make a quick drop off even before I was in the 7th grade.

THERE ARE ONLY 12 OF US LEFT FROM MY 8TH GRADE CLASS. MY CLASS WAS 35 KIDS.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
For anyone who hasnt read it.

Seems quite specific to drug crime which is not a bad thing. In the black community we defend our drug dealers more than condemn them it seems. The bill also has money going to high crime areas too, so it’s not just about sentencing people as well as an increase in community policing.

There are some questionable stuff (the 13 year old kids). But you have to be hard on violent crime repeatedly committed by adults.

When people say the Crime Bill was just to lock up people, I don’t think any of them have actually read it :yeshrug: . Locking up fragrant drug dealers is good and not bad.

Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

U.S. Department of Justice
Fact Sheet

Assault Weapons
Bans the manufacture of 19 military-style assault weapons, assault
weapons with specific combat features, "copy-cat" models, and certain
high-capacity ammunition magazines of more than ten rounds.

Death Penalty
Expands the Federal death penalty to cover about 60 offenses, including
terrorist homicides, murder of a Federal law enforcement officer,
large-scale drug trafficking, drive-by-shootings resulting in death and
carjackings resulting in death.

Domestic Abusers and Firearms
Prohibits firearms sales to and possession by persons subject to family
violence restraining orders.

Firearms Licensing
Strengthens Federal licensing standards for firearms dealers.

Fraud
Creates new insurance and telemarketing fraud categories. Expands
Federal jurisdiction to cases that do not involve the use of delivery
services to commit a fraud. Provides special sentencing enhancements
for fraud crimes committed against the elderly.

Gang Crimes
Provides new and stiffer penalties for violent and drug trafficking crimes
committed by gang members.

Immigration
Provides for enhanced penalties for alien smuggling, illegal reentry after
deportation and other immigration-related crimes. (See Part II).

Juveniles
Authorizes adult prosecution of those 13 and older charged with certain
serious violent crimes. Prohibits the sale or transfer of a firearm to or
possession of certain firearms by juveniles. Triples the maximum
penalties for using children to distribute drugs in or near a protected
zone, i.e., schools, playgrounds, video arcades and youth centers.

Registration of Sexually Violent Offenders
Requires states to enact statutes or regulations which require those
determined to be sexually violent predators or who are convicted of
sexually violent offenses to register with appropriate state law
enforcement agencies for ten years after release from prison. Requires
state prison officials to notify appropriate agencies of the release of such
individuals. Requires states to criminally punish those who fail to
register. States which fail to establish registration systems may have
Federal grant money reduced.

Repeat Sex Offenders
Doubles the maximum term of imprisonment for repeat sex offenders
convicted of Federal sex crimes.

Three Strikes
Mandatory life imprisonment without possibility of parole for Federal
offenders with three or more convictions for serious violent felonies or
drug trafficking crimes.

Victims of Crime
Allows victims of Federal violent and sex crimes to speak at the
sentencing of their assailants. Strengthens requirements for sex
offenders and child molesters to pay restitution to their victims. Improves
the Federal Crime Victims' Fund and the victim-related programs it
supports.

Other
Creates new crimes or enhances penalties for: drive-by-shootings, use of
semi-automatic weapons, sex offenses, crimes against the
elderly, interstate firearms trafficking, firearms theft and smuggling,
arson, hate crimes and interstate domestic violence.

Immigration Initiatives

The Crime Bill contains specialized enforcement provisions respecting
immigration and criminal aliens. Those programs are highlighted here:

$1.2 billion for border control, criminal alien depor.tations, asylum reform
and a criminal alien tracking center.

$1.8 billion to reimburse states for incarceration of illegal criminal aliens.
(See State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) Grants in Section
III).

Enhanced penalties for failure to depart the United States after a
deportation order or reentry after deportation.

Expedited deportation for aliens who are not lawful permanent residents
and who are convicted of aggravated felonies.

Statutory authority for abused spouses and spouses with abused children
to petition for permanent residency or suspension of deportation.

Grant Programs For 1995

Most of these programs are authorized for six years beginning October 1,
1994. Some are formula grants, awarded to states or localities based on
population, crime rate or some other combination of factors. Many are
competitive grants. All grants will require an application process and are
administered by the Department of Justice unless otherwise noted. As
always, all funds for the years 1996-2000 are subject to appropriation by
the Congress.

Brady Implementation
Competitive grant program for states to upgrade criminal history records
keeping so as to permit compliance with the Brady Act. $ 1 00 million
appropriated in 1995. In addition, the Brady Act authorizes $1 00 million
for FY 1996. $50 million of this amount is authorized to be expended from
the Violent Crime Control Act Trust Fund.

Byrne Grants
Formula grant program for states for use in more than 20 law
enforcement purposes, including state and local drug task force efforts.
$450 million appropriated for the formula grant program in 1995. $550
million authorized in 1996-2000 for both formula and discretionary.

Community Policing
Competitive grant program (COPS Program) to put 100,000 police officers
on the streets in community policing programs. $1.3 billion available in
1995. $7.5 billion authorized in 1996-2000.

Community Schools
Formula grant program administered by the Department of Health and
Human Services for supervised afterschool, weekend, and summer
programs for at-risk youth. $25.9 million available in 1995. $567 million
authorized in 1995-2000.

Correctional Facilities/Boot Camps
Formula and competitive grant program for state corrections agencies to
build and operate correctional facilities, including boot camps and other
alternatives to incarceration, to insure that additional space will be
available to put - and keep - violent offenders incarcerated. Fifty percent
of money to be set aside for those states which adopt truth-in-sentencing
laws (violent offenders must serve at least 85% of their sentence) or which
meet other conditions. $24.5 million in competitive funds available for
boot camps in 1995. $7.9 billion authorized in 1996.2000.

Drug Courts
Competitive grant program to support state and local drug courts which
provide supervision and specialized services to offenders with
rehabilitation potential. $29 million available in 1995. $971 million
authorized in 1996-2000.

Family and Community Endeavor Schools
Competitive grants program administered by the Department of
Education for localities and community organizations to help improve
the overall development of at-risk youth living in poor and high-crime
communities. This program is for both in-school and after-school
activities. $11 million available in 1995. $232 million authorized in
1996-2000.

Hotline
Competitive grant program administered by the Department of Health
and Human Services to establish a National Domestic Violence Hotline.
$1 million authorized in 1995. $2 million authorized in 1996-2000.

Prevention Council
Provides funding for the President's Prevention Council to coordinate
new and existing crime prevention programs. $1.5 million available in
1995. $88.5 million authorized for competitive grants in 1996-2000.

SCAAP Grants
Formula grant program to reimburse states for the cost of incarcerating
criminal aliens. $130 million available in 1995. $1.67 billion authorized in
1996-2000.

Violence Against Women
Formula grant program to support police and prosecutor efforts and
victims services in cases involving sexual violence or domestic
abuse, and for other programs which strengthen enforcement and
provide services to victims in such cases. $26 million available in
1995. $774 million for formula grants and over $200 million for
competitive grants authorized in 1996-2000.

Grant Programs For 1996-2000

All programs available in 1995 are continued. All programs are
administered by the Department of Justice unless otherwise noted.
Funding for 1996-2000 is, as always, subject to appropriation by the
Congress.

Battered Women's Shelters
and Human Services for battered women's shelters and other domestic
violence prevention activities. $325 million authorized.

Capital Improvements to Prevent Crime in Public Parks
Competitive grant program administered by the Department of Interior
for states and localities for crime prevention programs in national and
public parks. $15 million authorized.

Community Economic Partnership
Competitive program administered by the Department of Health and
Human Services for lines of credit to community development
corporations to stimulate business and employment opportunities for
low-income, unemployed and underemployed individuals. $270 million
authorized.

Crime Prevention Block Grants
$377 million authorized for a new Local Crime Prevention Block Grant
program to be distributed to local governments to be used as
local needs dictates. Authorized programs include: anti-gang programs,
sports leagues, boys and girls clubs, partnerships (triads) between the
elderly and law enforcement, police partnerships for children and youth
skills programs.

Delinquent and At-Risk-Youth
Competitive grant program for public or private non profit organizations
to support the development and operation of projects to provide
residential services to youth, aged 11 to 19, who have dropped out
of school, have come into contact with the juvenile justice system or are
at risk of either. $36 million authorized.

DNA Analysis
Competitive grant program for states and localities to develop or
improve DNA identification capabilities. $40 million authorized. An
additional $25 million is authorized to the FBI for DNA identification
programs.

Drug Treatment
$383 million for prison drug treatment programs, including $270 million
in formula grants for states.

Education and Prevention to Reduce Sexual Assaults Against Women
and Human Services to fund rape prevention and education programs in
the form of educational seminars, hotlines, training programs for
professionals and the preparation of informational materials. $205 million
authorized.

Local Partnership Act
Formula grant program administered by the Department of Housing and
Urban Development for localities to enhance education, provide
substance abuse treatment and fund job programs to prevent crimes.
$1.6 billion authorized.

Model Intensive Grants
Competitive grant program for model crime prevention programs
targeted at high-crime neighborhoods. Up to 15 cities will be selected.
$625 million authorized.

Police Corps
Competitive funding for the Police Corps (college scholarships for
students who agree to serve as police officers), and formula grants to
states for scholarships to in-service law enforcement officers. $100
million authorized for Police Corps, and $ 1 00 million authorized for
in-service law enforcement scholarships.

Prosecutors
Competitive grant program for state and local courts, prosecutors and
public defenders. $150 million authorized.

Rural Law Enforcement
Formula grant program for rural anti-crime and drug enforcement efforts,
including task forces. $240 million authorized.

Technical Automation
Competitive grant program to support technological improvements for
law enforcement agencies and other activities to improve law
enforcement training and information systems. $130 million authorized.

Urban Recreation For At-Risk-youth
Competitive grant program administered by the Department of Interior
for localities to provide recreation facilities and services in areas with
high crime rates and to provide such services in other areas to
at-risk-youth. $4.5 million authorized.

It’s a lot of what people have said. But people use it as a silver bullet.

Last edited: