Stop locking threads

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
pretty much every post/poster in the thread is having that type of conversation, not one tangential argument or stream of tweets that disrupted the thread (which i'd call derailment), so it seems to me the majority of people are fine having "light" conversation. and amongst that were also meaningful conversations. if people weren't complaining, it's not on mods to be a lone, unilateral actor.

and my whole reason in making this thread was wanting to engage with people about steyer, the exact meaningful conversation that yall are saying needs to happen, but their act disallows

if people cared about meaningful conversation, these acts wouldn't happen when conversation that doesn't match up with personal views seems to be what spurs "the push". this is what pushed/banned near all the conservative posters that used to post here (some were shyt, but so are some other progressives who still post here), meaningful conversation comes from people having varying viewpoints.

Meaningful conversation can happen between people with varying viewpoints without the peanut gallery loading up on BS and derailing those meaningful conversations. It's not even like that can't happen in one of the many other threads around here, there's a Tom Steyer thread that I only found because @Serious tagged me in it. I like having those discussions with people that actually want to share viewpoints, but a lot of times I'm getting hit with side comments, BS and attacks from random posters who are literally attempting to insult or bury opposing viewpoints. I don't really mind, I'm happy to clap back or use it as a chance to hit against BS meme arguments. But I can speak from experience, when we got rid of those types at realgm we lost some posters and then had an influx of new people who'd been lurking but were discouraged by the behavior that had preceded our changes.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What a convenient time to push for better discourse. No actual conversation among the different coalition of posters trying to attempt to work with the community to push for better discourse instead just unilaterally locking threads for personal reasons offering no explanation and saying vague things like "keep the running tally". Clown shyt

@dora_da_destroyer this dude has been following me around on a psycho tip for two days now like an upset baby for example.

Last edited:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@dora_da_destroyer this clown has been following me around for two days now like an upset baby for example.

I've been following you? Are you twelve years old? You say some stupid shyt and I reply to it. The fucck is wrong with you? Is this the better discord your seeking? Expose yourself as being full of shyt in 20 minutes.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've been following you? Are you twelve years old? You say some stupid shyt and I reply to it. The fucck is wrong with you? Is this the better discord your seeking? Expose yourself as being full of shyt in 20 minutes.

Like I said yesterday :umad:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Meaningful conversation can happen between people with varying viewpoints without the peanut gallery loading up on BS and derailing those meaningful conversations. It's not even like that can't happen in one of the many other threads around here, there's a Tom Steyer thread that I only found because @Serious tagged me in it. I like having those discussions with people that actually want to share viewpoints, but a lot of times I'm getting hit with side comments, BS and attacks from random posters who are literally attempting to insult or bury opposing viewpoints. I don't really mind, I'm happy to clap back or use it as a chance to hit against BS meme arguments. But I can speak from experience, when we got rid of those types at realgm we lost some posters and then had an influx of new people who'd been lurking but were discouraged by the behavior that had preceded our changes.
nothing is stopping yall from creating the "super serious policy only discussion" thread, add all the rules, amendments, and bylaws you want to define what discussion can happen in that thread - hex pretty much makes rules clear in threads in the film room, nothing stopping yall who want only "deep meaningful" conversation from creating a thread just for that.

as far as scaring people off, i think the closed registration is handling that much more fiercely than any behavior here

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
@dora_da_destroyer this dude has been following me around on a psycho tip for two days now like an upset baby for example.
ignore him...i'm baffled by people who don't do that. i've had posters who you have one disagreement with and they keep a hard on for you in every thread after, that's when you hit ignore :yeshrug:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
nothing is stopping yall from creating the "super serious policy only discussion" thread, add all the rules, amendments, and bylaws you want to define what discussion can happen in that thread - hex pretty much makes rules clear in threads in the film room, nothing stopping yall who want only "deep meaningful" conversation from creating a thread just for that.

as far as scaring people off, i think the closed registration is handling that much more fiercely than any behavior here

From a moderator point of view, if the discourse looks broken, then you take steps to address it. They said this is an experiment, we did that too. It's trial and error when you need to do clean up. Yall could also start threads and target the sort of conversations you want. I think the lockdown and pointing us toward other threads is probably meant to point that out. Believe me though, this ish is tricky. We pissed off a lot of people before we hit a good formula. And I think it's probably harder here because realgm is way stricter on banning people.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
From a moderator point of view, if the discourse looks broken, then you take steps to address it. They said this is an experiment, we did that too. It's trial and error when you need to do clean up. Yall could also start threads and target the sort of conversations you want. I think the lockdown and pointing us toward other threads is probably meant to point that out. Believe me though, this ish is tricky. We pissed off a lot of people before we hit a good formula. And I think it's probably harder here because realgm is way stricter on banning people.
pointing people to 6 candidate threads when discussing the debate and there is a debate thread is stupid...breh literally posted the best example, closing the super bowl thread and saying please go discuss the super bowl in two different team threads...

i laughed when i saw the dem primary thread locked, but locking a debate thread on debate night makes zero fukking sense :dahell:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
pointing people to 6 candidate threads when discussing the debate and there is a debate thread is stupid...breh literally posted the best example, closing the super bowl thread and saying please go discuss the super bowl in two different team threads...

i laughed when i saw the dem primary thread locked, but locking a debate thread on debate night makes zero fukking sense :dahell:

The funny part is, since I tried to do a clean-up on a sports forum, I know exactly what you mean :mjcry: but I also relate to why the mods tried it out. Just off the response, I'm betting they'll reassess going forward but I don't want to put that on them. Modding is friggin' tough fam. I'm contemplating a Warren spot on my next podcast to shout out her promise to cancel debt without Congressional approval (and compare it to Trump damn near provoking a war without Congressional approval as a comparison)...I need my posting privileges in yall's thread back by then :mjgrin:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The funny part is, since I tried to do a clean-up on a sports forum, I know exactly what you mean :mjcry: but I also relate to why the mods tried it out. Just off the response, I'm betting they'll reassess going forward but I don't want to put that on them. Modding is friggin' tough fam. I'm contemplating a Warren spot on my next podcast to shout out her promise to cancel debt without Congressional approval (and compare it to Trump damn near provoking a war without Congressional approval as a comparison)...I need my posting privileges in yall's thread back by then :mjgrin:
nothing about tru mac's responses in here seem to show he cares what the majority of posters think, and fah is simply following mac's lead. fah posts daily and never did that, mac drops in once a week at best and makes proclamations on high about how everyone's opinions are wrong